Peter King on AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on AFC East

Last year buffalo was a major mismatch. All the mumbo jumbo of being unprepared and mentally weak is nonsense. Eventually its just about the players.

Can Miami front 5 consistently deal with Buffalo front 5?

Yeah seriously. Were the Patriots unprepared and mentally weak, or did Brady just have a bad day?

Whats the big deal with people giving us respect? Its such a big topic here. And why do you guys feel like we need respect anyway?

We havent done anything in I dont know how many years. But yet everyone talks about giving the dolphins respect. Maybe its me. I just dont get it.

This is the type of statement that I find humorous. While I agree that the bills last year were great at running the ball and run defense was our biggest weakness, you can look at the panthers game as the same sort of mismatch. The difference was the level of intensity, and the willingness to compete. Emotion is such a huge part of sports, just look at the 12th man advantage for the seahawks, or the fact that Vegas gives the home team 3 points because of the emotional advantage the fans give the home team.

We humans, are emotional beings, and struggle to overcome the affects that emotions have over our actions. We can be affected in many different ways, but males are very goal oriented. Once a large goal is met there is a natural let down. If you look at some of the great generals of World War II, there have been books written on how some of them became depressed after the war because of the let down of having accomplished the biggest obstacle in their life.

Professional athletes are certainly no more prepared to overcome such emotions than war heroes. There is a reason why Vegas takes letdown games serious, and adjust their spreads accordingly. If you watched last year's bills game and think they had the same intensity as they had for the panthers (a non-division, even non-conference game), than all I can say is we were watching different games.

And what does any if this have to do with making a block or tackle?

Where are last years starting tackles for MIA at now days? That great guard play...where are they now days?

Again, eventually its about being able to defeat the man across from you. And division opponents with 2 bites at the apple....you get what we seen week 15 and 16. The rest is just noise.

Yeah seriously. Were the Patriots unprepared and mentally weak, or did Brady just have a bad day?

Their inability to block and having nothing resembling a playmaker on offense, was taken advantage of by better players and a new scheme, specifically the zbs.

Related to what?? In my theory (and that is all it is) I showed how we were flat in the letdown game last year vs the bills, because of the affect of the pats win.
Are you asking if Brady had a bad day because of a preseason game?? LoL. To answer your question in "my opinion" a). Brady didn't have a bad game, he had a bad half. In the first half he was 19/29 1TD 0 PICKS. b) the 2nd half the heat got to him just like Shula used to tell his team every week in the locker room at half time. "The heat will steal their will in the 2nd half". Brady and company didn't want to be there in the 2nd half. And his stats proved it. Neither did the pat's OL/DL. On our first offensive series, Wilfork pushed both Samson and Shelley into the backfield like a rag doll on multiple occasions. After that first series he only had one or two plays at the most where he was in the back field. He was dragging, along with everyone else in the trenches for them. Even Brady said in the presser that in the 2nd half we just wanted it more.

So I guess to answer your question "was Brady prepared"? He wasn't as prepared for the heat as we were. Nor were they prepared for our new offense. They didn't force a punt until the 4th quarter. I predict this, the home pats game and the home KC game will be our two biggest rushing outputs of the season. If we rush for over 100 yards vs the bills we win.

Here's hoping Miami can get a win in Buffalo this Sunday. It would be huge to go 2-0 in the division.

And I also hope the Pack and the Vikes can get wins too this weekend!

Me too. I expect the pack to win, can't see them losing two in a row to start the season. But I don't see the viks winning, the pats haven't lost an opener in 10 years, it might be too much to ask for to see them 0-2.

Me too. I expect the pack to win, can't see them losing two in a row to start the season. But I don't see the viks winning, the pats haven't lost an opener in 10 years, it might be too much to ask for to see them 0-2.

I agree, I think green bay is gonna be fired up this week after the poor showing versus seattle. Packers didn't look good that game, I expect them to play a lot better this week.

I think this whole "the team was flat" thing gets blown out of proportion. If the QB is playing bad everybody will look bad. Had Brady hit those open deep passes the narrative is completely different after that game, and people would probably even be saying we were the flat team. And the players need to take some responsibility to motivate each other. Moreno's passion seemed to energize the whole team. That is what Brady is typically able to do for his team, and thats why they are able to come from behind so often.

I think the importance of the QB position is still underrated if anything. When the QB misses a wide open receiver for the umpteenth time or slides a yard short of the first down week 17 with everything on the line those types of things have the opposite effect on the team compared to whatever energy Moreno was able to provide for the team.

This is not last year's team.....at least 12 of the starters who will line up Sunday were not starters last year...probably 13...that leaves 9 returning starters.

I think this whole "the team was flat" thing gets blown out of proportion. If the QB is playing bad everybody will look bad. Had Brady hit those open deep passes the narrative is completely different after that game, and people would probably even be saying we were the flat team. And the players need to take some responsibility to motivate each other. Moreno's passion seemed to energize the whole team. That is what Brady is typically able to do for his team, and thats why they are able to come from behind so often.

I think the importance of the QB position is still underrated if anything. When the QB misses a wide open receiver for the umpteenth time or slides a yard short of the first down week 17 with everything on the line those types of things have the opposite effect on the team compared to whatever energy Moreno was able to provide for the team.
So when we see players celebrate after a play, high five each other, swarm to the ball on defense, not lagging to the huddle, playing with energy, that is just some sort of figment of our imagination?? We are not really seeing that and it really isn't real, it all just comes down to whether a QB is accurate?? But then you say Moreno DOES bring some energy to the team but not as much as a QB not getting a first down?

Well as usual with you, I disagree. Football is a game of emotion, and one player on defense can change the whole culture of that defense. Look at Ray Lewis and the way he fired up that defense, or LT back in the day. On offense a RB, TE, even a FB who runs over a guy like Mike Alstot used to do for Tampa, or Czonka did for us, changes the way the whole offense plays. I personally don't think a QB not getting a first down rushing the football will have an equal affect as a RB trucking a LB or safety. But what's new, me and you have never agreed on much of anything any way. I've tried but some times it is best to agree to disagree. If we all agreed all the time this MB wouldn't be as much fun.

Personally I'm glad you're here even if we rarely agree. :up:

Last year, when we went to Buffalo after beating the Pats, Tannehill was 10 of 27 for 82 yards. He was sacked 7 times, hit 3 times, and hurried another 16 times. Think about that. He dropped back 27 times, and was pressured on 26 of them. Buff also ran 51 times for 203 yards.

IF this "Twilight Zone" type of a game happens again, we are dead. Anyone, in their wildest drams think it will? Reality will come back into play, and we win by 7 or more. JMO

There were some excellent pics flashed in there while he was talking.

All the media hacks will be high on the fins this week because they are stunned that the Pats lost.

The Bills probably played a better game, AWAY and had a tougher win.

The Pats O-line is a major liability. The Dolphins still almost managed to give the game away in the first half.
This will be a MUCH tougher game on Sunday

That's funny because no one was saying that BEFORE the game. The Pats were being touted as an elite team and many media pundits had them as the SB representative from the AFC.
The Bears are an unpredictable and enigmatic team and they weren't held in the echelon as the Pats before last Sunday.

There were some excellent pics flashed in there while he was talking.

All the media hacks will be high on the fins this week because they are stunned that the Pats lost.

The Bills probably played a better game, AWAY and had a tougher win.

The Pats O-line is a major liability. The Dolphins still almost managed to give the game away in the first half.
This will be a MUCH tougher game on Sunday

LOL. where were you last week saying the Oline for Pats was a "major liability".

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Last year, when we went to Buffalo after beating the Pats, Tannehill was 10 of 27 for 82 yards. He was sacked 7 times, hit 3 times, and hurried another 16 times. Think about that. He dropped back 27 times, and was pressured on 26 of them. Buff also ran 51 times for 203 yards.

IF this "Twilight Zone" type of a game happens again, we are dead. Anyone, in their wildest drams think it will? Reality will come back into play, and we win by 7 or more. JMO

There is only one thing that will make it equally as bad as last year, and that is if we turn the ball over numerous times all game long. thats it in my mind.

The biggest difference this year is Benton and Lazor. That is why Miami will win the game.
Throw in Hickey as well.

Back
Top Bottom