Peter King on AFC East | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on AFC East

The players understand all this. They understood it in the first meeting this monday morning.

i mean, hello capt. obvious.

If we lose ugly to the bills this week, I would lay even money the pats still win the division.

This is the key for me this Sunday.
Miami needs to get better against hungry teams. We can pull upsets seemingly quite often when we've got the underdog label, but give us an opponent that's earnest to overcome mediocrity, and we underperform.

Underperforming against the Bills will only bring doubt about our chances in the wild-card race.

Why do I have this sick feeling of going to OT and Sturgis misses an easy?

I like our chances. They don't have Lewis at QB this year and he seemed to be a step ahead of us in both our losses last year. I think Wake, Vernon and McCain will eat Manuel's lunch on Sunday.

Last year we were in the driver seat to go to the playoffs under Philbin and ended up driving into the ditch

you mean when TANNY drove us into the ditch. right?

funny how everyone talks about how we were going to the playoffs at one point [no mention of the great job the coach did getting us even considered for it], then when tanny couldnt buy a td pass in the two final games, it is PHILBIN who is to blame!!

gonna be a sight to behold on this board if we lose to buffalo this weekend. philbin will be even MORE vilified and hickey and lazor and benton will be bums who have no place in the nfl.

its just amazing. if ANYONE did a good job last year it was philbin!! coaching big babies who cant clean up after themselves and a major scandal brewing behind the scenes. AND was handed a draft that produced no one making any significant plays or even being on the field in most cases. plus having one of the nfl's worst "talent" pools.

then it was all derailed by 2 horrific back to back qb performances from being in the playoffs. THAT is a great coaching job, not a guy who "drove the team into a ditch".

way, way, WAY off base with that KTOWN.

The idea of losing momentum after a win at home when then going on the road is legit. I feel better with guys like Jarvis Landry and Knowshon Moreno in the offensive huddle (Albert and James have been real pros too) and Finnegan and Delmas added to the D. One thing to give Hickey immense credit for, he realized that this team lacked intensity and natural leaders. I forget how many team captains we drafted, but I'm hoping that emphasis will show in situations like this.

The idea of losing momentum after a win at home when then going on the road is legit. I feel better with guys like Jarvis Landry and Knowshon Moreno in the offensive huddle (Albert and James have been real pros too) and Finnegan and Delmas added to the D. One thing to give Hickey immense credit for, he realized that this team lacked intensity and natural leaders. I forget how many team captains we drafted, but I'm hoping that emphasis will show in situations like this.

I remember being pretty happy with who Hickey signed in FA...all guys with intensity/fire. Been lacking around this team for too many years.

you mean when TANNY drove us into the ditch. right?

funny how everyone talks about how we were going to the playoffs at one point [no mention of the great job the coach did getting us even considered for it], then when tanny couldnt buy a td pass in the two final games, it is PHILBIN who is to blame!!

gonna be a sight to behold on this board if we lose to buffalo this weekend. philbin will be even MORE vilified and hickey and lazor and benton will be bums who have no place in the nfl.

its just amazing. if ANYONE did a good job last year it was philbin!! coaching big babies who cant clean up after themselves and a major scandal brewing behind the scenes. AND was handed a draft that produced no one making any significant plays or even being on the field in most cases. plus having one of the nfl's worst "talent" pools.

then it was all derailed by 2 horrific back to back qb performances from being in the playoffs. THAT is a great coaching job, not a guy who "drove the team into a ditch".

way, way, WAY off base with that KTOWN.

Yeah that week 17 game was effectively a playoff atmosphere for me. When the Bengals go one and done every season who do we look at as the culprit from our point of view? Andy Dalton right? Pretty much everybody blames Andy Dalton for playing like **** in big games, and they are right. Aside from Tannehill's horrific stats just watch the game and you see terrible QB play. Sliding a yard short of the first. Missing a wide open Wallace (AGAIN!!!) for a walk in TD. Picks galore. Statistically it was almost as bad as his first game as a pro and he sure as **** didn't pass the eye test either.

As for Philbin getting to 10 wins would have been one of the greatest coaching performances maybe of this century with everything considered. And it was right there for the taking with two more good performances from the QB. Even 9 wins and playoffs would have still been excellent, and that almost certainly would have happened If Tannehill just played to his crapola 80 passer rating average in both games. So I ask, where is the buffer between excellent and terrible?

Yeah that week 17 game was effectively a playoff atmosphere for me. When the Bengals go one and done every season who do we look at as the culprit from our point of view? Andy Dalton right? Pretty much everybody blames Andy Dalton for playing like **** in big games, and they are right. Aside from Tannehill's horrific stats just watch the game and you see terrible QB play. Sliding a yard short of the first. Missing a wide open Wallace (AGAIN!!!) for a walk in TD. Picks galore. Statistically it was almost as bad as his first game as a pro and he sure as **** didn't pass the eye test either.

As for Philbin getting to 10 wins would have been one of the greatest coaching performances maybe of this century with everything considered. And it was right there for the taking with two more good performances from the QB. Even 9 wins and playoffs would have still been excellent, and that almost certainly would have happened If Tannehill just played to his crapola 80 passer rating average in both games. So I ask, where is the buffer between excellent and terrible?

In all my debates concerning RT/MW, I have made it clear I hold Tannehill to a higher bar of acceptable than those making excuses for him. But those last two games, were Miami chickens coming home to roost. The oline was out classed and out matched by our divisional opponents.

Tannehill must improve, if he does so will every piece of the offense. This is year 3, he must elevate his play, which in turn will elevate the team around him.

Last years last two games RT did stink it up, no doubt, period.By the same token, Brady looked very ordinary this past game. Two fumbles, bad ball security, missing wide open receivers, horrible accuracy.Was this because Brady sucks, or because Wake et al beat him up. Extreme pressure from front seven=bad quarterback play most of the time even the "great" tom lady.

Hartline did not help RT out against Buforillo last year either. Very critical drop in crucial part of the game.

I think the importance of the QB position is still underrated if anything. When the QB misses a wide open receiver for the umpteenth time or slides a yard short of the first down week 17 with everything on the line those types of things have the opposite effect on the team compared to whatever energy Moreno was able to provide for the team.

They are no more important than the umpteenth drop or poor effort by a WR or a pathetic inability to convert on 4th and short. Moreno and the OL convert on 4th in that situation and the ridiculous whining about sliding to avoid getting crushed never happens.

Last year, when we went to Buffalo after beating the Pats, Tannehill was 10 of 27 for 82 yards. He was sacked 7 times, hit 3 times, and hurried another 16 times. Think about that. He dropped back 27 times, and was pressured on 26 of them. Buff also ran 51 times for 203 yards.

IF this "Twilight Zone" type of a game happens again, we are dead. Anyone, in their wildest drams think it will? Reality will come back into play, and we win by 7 or more. JMO

The weather wasn't all the great last year in buffalo, hopefully it's decent weather tomorrow. If it is all encouraging, it seems miserable o-line play like last season didn't break Tannehill like it did other qb's like David Carr so i think he will have a much better day than last year. I think he's playing with more confidence knowing it cant get much worse than last year, and he survived. Buffalo is going to be pumped up tomorrow for this game so we can't turn the ball over 3 times in the first half like last week or the flood gates will open. I think the fins are the better team, lets hope they go out tomorrow and prove it. Somewhat related: i think tomorrow Tanny and Wallace finally connect on a deep one.

I see a team that through one week is good in the trenches and was riding an emotional wave similar to what I've seen from a ravens team years ago. I don't think we can emphasize enough what happens when you not only bring in leaders , but emotional leaders. Welcome to the team knowshon and finnegan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkq

Back
Top Bottom