PFF Mock Draft Sim | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Mock Draft Sim

I see a lot of people are in love with Becton but I really think he will struggle more than some of the other top OL.

If he is still there in the 2nd, it would be hard to pass him up.

For the record, Wills is my favorite to start and be very effective right away.

Yeah, of the Top 4, I think Becton easily carries the most risk, but I think that says more about how good Wills, Wirfs, and Thomas are. Becton has so many positives that he'll likely develop into a good pro, and he obviously has a really high ceiling. He's just not the relative slam dunk that the Top 3 are. I'd be happy with him at 18.

My first try with no trades.

View attachment 44000

While I'm lower on Jones, I love this mock. Much better than I'm seeing from 99.9% of media mocks.

What settings you guys using for the draft board?

I keep getting some wild outcomes, i.e.

5. Tua
18. Becton
26. Wills
39. Chaisson

Did one where I got Lamb at 39 ffs.

I'm not. I showed my draft earlier, all RBs. Got a great grade too! :ponder:

I've done so many mock drafts on different websites and to be honest, trying to get Wills with one of our first 5 picks is usually problematic.

Hell, pick 5 is problematic - draft Tua or Burrow, it goes one way - don't draft either one of those two, it goes another.

I can certainly make a list of players who I would be happy with no matter where they go in our first 5 picks. There are plenty to choose from!

In fact I may just do that so as not to hijack this thread.
I've done quite a few now. The top four OT's are almost always off the board by pick #18, sometimes Jones as well. The Wr's fly off the board as well. The #56 seems like the sweet spot for RB, although if you want Swift or Taylor, usually have to get them at #39.

What's that all mean? Nothing, really because these are all simulations. But Miami may have to trade up from #18 to get a LT.

While I'm lower on Jones, I love this mock. Much better than I'm seeing from 99.9% of media mocks.

Thank you J-off-her-doll. I consider that quite a compliment. I saw the poor grades for picking Becton at 18 so I decided to see how it liked Jones.

The problem with these sims is they give some fans a totally unrealistic expectation.

I do wonder if we can get any idea of reality at all from these sims.

If so I would say the top OT's are going early. A team might need to decide if they want two of Jones/Jackson/Cleveland/Wilson/Niang VS one of Thomas/Wills/Becton/Wirfs.

There looks to be decent IOL talent in mid to late rounds. By decent I mean better than Dieter. All things equal I'd roll with Davis at ROT rather than move him inside to RG due to where I think we could draft a RG.

In a very weak TE class you might find someone late. Smythe just hasn't developed into what I hoped.

You can get a very nice #1 WR late first/early second. It wouldn't hurt to have one. It looks like you can get very nice slot/possession WR's late in the draft and IMHO we really need them. If I can get a Landry and healthy Wilson in the 5-7 round range I'm all over that.

Like OT's you probably have a top tier of RB's that will go fairly early. Still, there are guys that didn't test "off the charts" yet were very productive in college that should be there in the 4th and past. I'd be happy to add a Zach Moss to my team and some are acting like he would be lucky to be picked in the 4th.

The Draft Network is another one to play with. I was originally going for a "See what happens if I pick Jalen Hurts" draft, but look what happened, lol... I don't think we could do much better than something like this:

MockDraft.jpg

The funny part is that all the other teams in the first few rounds really did get picks that made a ton of sense for them. The only head-scratcher was that Tua wound up in New England since I think passing on him for Wirfs triggered a run on OTs. San Diego picked up Bekton and wound up with Love in round 2.

What settings you guys using for the draft board?

I keep getting some wild outcomes, i.e.

5. Tua
18. Becton
26. Wills
39. Chaisson

Did one where I got Lamb at 39 ffs.
There are some wild variations. In one, I got Young at #5, Brown at #18, Jefferson at #26 and Love at #39.

I did this one at PFN

Tua Tagovailoa
QB Alabama
MIA
18.Jedrick Wills
OT Alabama
MIA
30.Cesar Ruiz
C Michigan
trade icon
MIA
39.Grant Delpit
S LSU
MIA
56.Laviska Shenault Jr.
WR Colorado
MIA
70.Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB LSU
MIA
94.Matt Hennessy
C Temple
trade icon
MIA
127.Davon Hamilton
DT Ohio State
trade icon
MIA
153.Antonio Gibson
RB Memphis
MIA
154.Justin Strnad
ILB Wake Forest
MIA
210.Damien Lewis

Traded up for Hamilton and Damien Lewis.

Traded down from 26 with Gb and got a late 3rd, still got Ruiz.

Went heavy on the OL and got 2 of my favorite late round sleepers in Gibson and Strnad

Got my safety and 2 weapons for Tua.

Pretty happy with this one but I doubt Wills slides to 18 which made a lot of my moves possible.

Back
Top Bottom