PFN Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFN Mock Draft

I would love to land John Michael Schmitz and then move Williams back to LG.That would really tighten up the OL.

I fear he will be off the board before the Fins pick though.

Obviously the Defense needs a lot of work this off season so I would expect some solid vets signed in FA on the cheap and then we see what the Draft holds.

I really enjoy the draft. Have gotten to it a little late this year, partly due to work and the fact that Miami started out so great. But glad to talk about it with other fans.

Anyway, I love Achane. I know he's probably a luxury pick considering the Dolphins have bigger needs. But he'd immediately solve the return game and has that electric speed that McDaniel seems to collect.

This is a really talented TE draft IMO. Tucker Kraft reminds me a little bit of Gronk and he can block. Darnell Washington is interesting. Probably the best blocker among the TE's. A little slow, but makes tough catches. I think he's about 6-7 too so basically always open. Kincaid is another good one. He's the YAC guy from the group. Maybe the most like George Kittle.
Devon Achane is a flat out home run hitter. He’s got legit real speed. Like if he gets to the 2nd level 1 on 1 he’s going to house it kind of speed. He also has great vision and cutback ability. He actually runs surprisingly well between the tackles for a guy known for his speed. I was surprised by that watching his tape. My favorite tailback in this class.

Tucker Kraft is an interesting guy. Nice size at 6’5 250. A nice combo of blocking/receiving ability but his athleticism concerns me. Will he actually be able to create any separation and get open at the NFL level or will he just be in as a blocker on running downs?

Obviously as you know I love Darnell Washington. That kid is going to be something at the NFL level. I think this will be a case where he’s considered one of those guys that are a better pro than he was college player but a lot of people don’t understand how good he really is at the college level. I won’t go as far as to say dominant blocker but man he’s close. When he locks on he just controls defenders and they rarely get free. Not a really quick guy but knows how to use his size to shield defenders from the ball like a box out in basketball. Surprisingly athletic for his size. But he just doesn’t get the attention bc his teammate Brock Bowers (also a TE) is a 2024 prospect who is considered the best TE in America by most. Bowers catches EVERYTHING.

I really really like Dalton Kincaid and think he’s a solid 2nd round type of guy. The concern for me with him is his lack of bulk bc he’s definitely going to need to add some weight at the NFL level. But the main thing with him is I just don’t think he’s a scheme fit. I think he’s just like what we have now in Gesicki. The right team will need to select him bc he’s much more WR than an actual TE. Though I will say he played at Utah and definitely has experience with blocking. You say George Kittle and I’ll say ok I could see that down the road but it’s going to take a couple of years and he’s got to be willing to commit to the weight gain UNLESS he’s just going to be a bulked up WR.

Devon Achane is a flat out home run hitter. He’s got legit real speed. Like if he gets to the 2nd level 1 on 1 he’s going to house it kind of speed. He also has great vision and cutback ability. He actually runs surprisingly well between the tackles for a guy known for his speed. I was surprised by that watching his tape. My favorite tailback in this class.

Tucker Kraft is an interesting guy. Nice size at 6’5 250. A nice combo of blocking/receiving ability but his athleticism concerns me. Will he actually be able to create any separation and get open at the NFL level or will he just be in as a blocker on running downs?

Obviously as you know I love Darnell Washington. That kid is going to be something at the NFL level. I think this will be a case where he’s considered one of those guys that are a better pro than he was college player but a lot of people don’t understand how good he really is at the college level. I won’t go as far as to say dominant blocker but man he’s close. When he locks on he just controls defenders and they rarely get free. Not a really quick guy but knows how to use his size to shield defenders from the ball like a box out in basketball. Surprisingly athletic for his size. But he just doesn’t get the attention bc his teammate Brock Bowers (also a TE) is a 2024 prospect who is considered the best TE in America by most. Bowers catches EVERYTHING.

I really really like Dalton Kincaid and think he’s a solid 2nd round type of guy. The concern for me with him is his lack of bulk bc he’s definitely going to need to add some weight at the NFL level. But the main thing with him is I just don’t think he’s a scheme fit. I think he’s just like what we have now in Gesicki. The right team will need to select him bc he’s much more WR than an actual TE. Though I will say he played at Utah and definitely has experience with blocking. You say George Kittle and I’ll say ok I could see that down the road but it’s going to take a couple of years and he’s got to be willing to commit to the weight gain UNLESS he’s just going to be a bulked up WR.
Great summary on those players. Yeah, Georgia is absolutely stacked at tight end. They have two NFL caliber tight ends, both could go 1st round.

I agree with you on Kincaid. He probably needs to put on some weight. If he can do that without losing speed, he could be really something.

I'm also not 100 percent sure Miami actually needs a tight end. I get that Gesicki isn't a fit due to his lack of blocking, but I expected him to have a big year catching the ball. I also wonder if Long has the ability? But if the Dolphins need a tight end this is a really exciting group.

Great summary on those players. Yeah, Georgia is absolutely stacked at tight end. They have two NFL caliber tight ends, both could go 1st round.

I agree with you on Kincaid. He probably needs to put on some weight. If he can do that without losing speed, he could be really something.

I'm also not 100 percent sure Miami actually needs a tight end. I get that Gesicki isn't a fit due to his lack of blocking, but I expected him to have a big year catching the ball. I also wonder if Long has the ability? But if the Dolphins need a tight end this is a really exciting group.
Since we’re talking TE… a guy that I really really like is Sam LaPorta from Iowa. Something about Iowa bc those jokers produce NFL TEs constantly. Exactly what you’d expect from an Iowa TE. He’s every bit as good a blocker as Darnell Washington but his actual athletic ability would be the question with him.

You mentioned Tucker Kraft reminding you of George Kittle but I actually think LaPorta is the comparison for Kittle. I believe LaPorta is a little bigger and Kittle is a little more athletic but they look exactly the same on tape from a playing the position standpoint. LaPorta is absolutely a fit for us and if we couldn’t get our hands on Washington I’d be more than ok with having to settle for LaPorta. I think he’s the 3rd best TE in this class behind Michael Mayer and Darnell Washington.

Since we’re talking TE… a guy that I really really like is Sam LaPorta from Iowa. Something about Iowa bc those jokers produce NFL TEs constantly. Exactly what you’d expect from an Iowa TE. He’s every bit as good a blocker as Darnell Washington but his actual athletic ability would be the question with him.

You mentioned Tucker Kraft reminding you of George Kittle but I actually think LaPorta is the comparison for Kittle. I believe LaPorta is a little bigger and Kittle is a little more athletic but they look exactly the same on tape from a playing the position standpoint. LaPorta is absolutely a fit for us and if we couldn’t get our hands on Washington I’d be more than ok with having to settle for LaPorta. I think he’s the 3rd best TE in this class behind Michael Mayer and Darnell Washington.
Absolutely yes on LaPorta. That 2nd round range should have a few TE's available to Miami.

Take on Long? I know Miami didn't use him much, which is disappointing for his second year.

Absolutely yes on LaPorta. That 2nd round range should have a few TE's available to Miami.

Take on Long? I know Miami didn't use him much, which is disappointing for his second year.
I’m not really sure considering we haven’t seen much of him specifically in the passing game. I’m sure I’ve told you I’m a big Clemson fan so obviously I watch the ACC a ton and saw Long quite a few times while he was at BC and I was never overly impressed. He’s a big guy that was obviously asked to block a lot at BC when they were running that pro style running scheme but I’m not sure if it’s just taking awhile for him in the pros or if he’s struggling with his assignments or what but no way Durham Smythe should be getting snaps over him unless he’s struggling mentally.

He was the leading pass catcher at BC his last year but I don’t think that says much considering BC rarely has any NFL level WRs even though they do have one right now in Zay Flowers. So I’m not really sure what to make of Long. If by this time next year he still hasn’t made an impact in some way then he’ll probably be gone anyway. I know this really isn’t an actual answer to your question but I’m just really not sure.

I’m not really sure considering we haven’t seen much of him specifically in the passing game. I’m sure I’ve told you I’m a big Clemson fan so obviously I watch the ACC a ton and saw Long quite a few times while he was at BC and I was never overly impressed. He’s a big guy that was obviously asked to block a lot at BC when they were running that pro style running scheme but I’m not sure if it’s just taking awhile for him in the pros or if he’s struggling with his assignments or what but no way Durham Smythe should be getting snaps over him unless he’s struggling mentally.

He was the leading pass catcher at BC his last year but I don’t think that says much considering BC rarely has any NFL level WRs even though they do have one right now in Zay Flowers. So I’m not really sure what to make of Long. If by this time next year he still hasn’t made an impact in some way then he’ll probably be gone anyway. I know this really isn’t an actual answer to your question but I’m just really not sure.
Fair response. If you just look at production, you'd certainly assume that TE is a huge need for Miami. And maybe it is.

Gesicki will be gone for sure leaving Smythe, Long and the UDFA whose name I can't remember. He was promising in training camp.

I would guess that McDaniel would want a Kittle type, but with the usage of Hill and Waddle maybe a blocking first TE is more in order?

Fair response. If you just look at production, you'd certainly assume that TE is a huge need for Miami. And maybe it is.

Gesicki will be gone for sure leaving Smythe, Long and the UDFA whose name I can't remember. He was promising in training camp.

I would guess that McDaniel would want a Kittle type, but with the usage of Hill and Waddle maybe a blocking first TE is more in order?
I actually think the same thing you do in regards to MM. I think he knows Waddle/Hill are #1&2 and a TE may not be near as important in the actual passing game.

I think if we can acquire that blocking TE that actually fits the scheme well start to see those creative running plays that we saw in SF. I think MM would prefer a couple different types of players on the OL and TE to completely employ his real running scheme.

• MIA

Henry To'oTo'o
    LB Alabama

• MIA

Dawand Jones
    OT Ohio State

• MIA

Devon Achane
    RB Texas A&M

• MIA

Payne Durham
    TE Purdue

• MIA

Max Duggan
    QB TCU

Texans won and now the Bears hold the #1 overall pick in the draft. Will the Bears get a haul from somebody for that #1 overall, or will they draft a QB?

Texans won and now the Bears hold the #1 overall pick in the draft. Will the Bears get a haul from somebody for that #1 overall, or will they draft a QB?
I would expect them to auction the pick to a QB needy team and stick with Fields.

That could help the Bears build some talent around him very quickly as they have a sh*t ton of cap Space as well.

Back
Top Bottom