PFT now blaming Fins for media overreaction to "Bullygate" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT now blaming Fins for media overreaction to "Bullygate"

Hell 17-0 is so long ago very few writers hate us because of that. I don't even buy that the media hates us , we have just became an easy target.
As a dolphin fan Im tired of the only way of thumping my chest is to mention something that happened almost half a century ago

Sort of like 'hell yeah, we won the American Revolutionary War, in your face rest of world, merica #1, who's your Daddy?

Ah the joys and anguish of living one's life vicariously...

They are pretty much right, if he didn't do anything wrong why suspend him?

It was solely for PR. Don't you remember the uproar over this whole thing? It would have been more of a circus than it already was. All the PC pansies demand things like this before the whole story has time to come out. Knee jerk reactions are the worst.

It was solely for PR. Don't you remember the uproar over this whole thing? It would have been more of a circus than it already was. All the PC pansies demand things like this before the whole story has time to come out. Knee jerk reactions are the worst.

that's Miami's fault, if you know the guy didn't do anything wrong be strong and support him.

STFU Junc you were all over this story like flies on **** chastising the Fins organization from the players to the coaching staff to the front office the second this story first broke. Now you wanna play the "if he didn't do anything wrong why suspend him card". It was a media driven story and you lapped it up just like all of the other Pavlonians. I don't mind you in threads where you actually have a point, but threads like this where you just try to peddle your pro-Yets/anti-Dolphins psychobable bull-**** is ridiculous.

You can blame that on Ross. He has absolutely no pulse on this team. I've seen sea cucumbers with more presence than him, so it wasn't surprising to see him quickly capitulate to the media-fueled tsunami of public opinion.

blame everything on ross Skape go right ahead

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Im reminded that PHILBIN didn't ant Cogs on the team IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!

It's a lose-lose situation for whatever company this happens too.

Suspend someone too quickly because the media is on a witch hunt for the next cover page article and you get bashed for not allowing proper investigations to go through.

Don't suspend someone when media is on a witch hunt and now the COMPANY becomes the target as well. "The Miami Dolphins are supporting racists Richie Incognito and stand behind him during bully and racial alligations". That is what will stick in peoples minds regardless of if 5 months down the road Incog is found not-guilty of said acusations.

Dolphins made a strict PR move that had to be done. Suspend the player and keep your mouth shut. Dolphins did not show support or attacked Incog the FO just shut up and let the PR and lawyers handle the politics. Media are the ones that took the bully/racists KEY words and ran....ran, ran, ran, ran, ran with it.

In todays sensitive world this made media big money and brought in alot of viewers. Toss in every high profile retired NFL players crying on TV about memories past being bullyed or the vicitm of racism and you start to pull at the general publics emotinal strings.

It's the tried and true classic case of accuse first, facts come later. Look at every major court case in the past few years. Public "vote" and opinion caused uproars and even after people are found not-guilty by the courts people still hang onto their initial belief.

that's Miami's fault, if you know the guy didn't do anything wrong be strong and support him.

Yeah dude, you're so right. Cause nobody in the regular work force gets put on paid leave while investigations are conducted to dig up actual facts to come to the proper conclusion. Same...bloody...thing.

STFU Junc you were all over this story like flies on **** chastising the Fins organization from the players to the coaching staff to the front office the second this story first broke. Now you wanna play the "if he didn't do anything wrong why suspend him card". It was a media driven story and you lapped it up just like all of the other Pavlonians. I don't mind you in threads where you actually have a point, but threads like this where you just try to peddle your pro-Yets/anti-Dolphins psychobable bull-**** is ridiculous.

you may want to go back and read my posts when this first broke, I will expect an apology after you do.

Yeah dude, you're so right. Cause nobody in the regular work force gets put on paid leave while investigations are conducted to dig up actual facts to come to the proper conclusion. Same...bloody...thing.

This isn't the regular workforce.

That isn't Miami's fault, that is just how things are done. Anytime I hear in the news that a police officer shot a suspect, they usually put that officer on leave why they investigate. Doesn't mean they are not standing by their officer, just standard procedure.

From a PR standpoint they had to suspend Richie after that voicemail came out. Even though it was just a small piece of the puzzle and didn't paint the full picture, that is all Miami had to go with at that point. It was he said/she said at that point and you put the alleged "bully" on leave while an investigation is done. Miami was ready to stand behind Richie when there was no evidence against him, but once Martin released a select few vociemails, they had to make the move they did.

If Miami continued to let him play during the season the backlash against the team would have been even worse and people would have probably lost their jobs. Also, the NFL and Goodell might have looked at the Dolphins as not caring to Martin's accusations and in the end they could have used that against the Dolphins to punish them.

Trying to blame Miami for suspending Richie at this point is just childish and pushing an agenda.

Pretty sure the media blew up and were outraged that Incognito was still playing despite the bullying scandal before he was ever suspended. We played a game with Incognito while Martin was in California with mommy and daddy and then Martin came out and said he was bullied....then the media came out and said Incognito molested someone at a charity golf event....then he was suspended. I call that justification on the alleged molestation charge alone.

But make no mistake...the media blew this up well before Incognito was suspended. Plus Schefter came out with a lie about Incognito punching a bouncer which was completely false.

You can blame that on Ross. He has absolutely no pulse on this team. I've seen sea cucumbers with more presence than him, so it wasn't surprising to see him quickly capitulate to the media-fueled tsunami of public opinion.

The court of public opinion is fickle at best and sometimes its better to get ahead of the curve.

lmao. and if Miami didn't suspend Richie, they'd be saying Miami is a horrible organization for letting a racist bully continue to play!

Agreed. The phins were in a no win situation regardless of what they did.

I think I rip those fake journalists in every thread :lol: The media is just a sad joke now. More entertainment and shock value than actual information.

True journalism is a dying profession soon to be completely overtaken by teen magazine ripoffs and gossip artist.

Agreed. Charlie Rose > TMZ

you may want to go back and read my posts when this first broke, I will expect an apology after you do.

This isn't the regular workforce.

Wrong, you and Vark were going rounds on this subject. You were dead set on chastising the entire organization. I don't need to look for information that I already know.

And as far as the NFL being a regular work force, what a load of BS. In almost every job from the police force to major corporations to the military almost always is the person being accused of workplace harassment placed on paid leave until the investigation can be completed. It's corporate policy 101. Living in the cess pool you do has rotted your brain.

Back
Top Bottom