PFT now blaming Fins for media overreaction to "Bullygate" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT now blaming Fins for media overreaction to "Bullygate"

you may want to go back and read my posts when this first broke, I will expect an apology after you do.

You better hurry up and apologize to the Jets fan that's on the Dolphins fan site talking crap.....

That isn't Miami's fault, that is just how things are done. Anytime I hear in the news that a police officer shot a suspect, they usually put that officer on leave why they investigate. Doesn't mean they are not standing by their officer, just standard procedure.

From a PR standpoint they had to suspend Richie after that voicemail came out. Even though it was just a small piece of the puzzle and didn't paint the full picture, that is all Miami had to go with at that point. It was he said/she said at that point and you put the alleged "bully" on leave while an investigation is done. Miami was ready to stand behind Richie when there was no evidence against him, but once Martin released a select few vociemails, they had to make the move they did.

If Miami continued to let him play during the season the backlash against the team would have been even worse and people would have probably lost their jobs. Also, the NFL and Goodell might have looked at the Dolphins as not caring to Martin's accusations and in the end they could have used that against the Dolphins to punish them.

Trying to blame Miami for suspending Richie at this point is just childish and pushing an agenda.

This wasn't a shooting and when this first broke they didn't suspend him, they suspended him after the "racial" voicemails came out.

They showed no backbone and that's a bad message to players around the league that may be interested in Miami.

Wrong, you and Vark were going rounds on this subject. You were dead set on chastising the entire organization. I don't need to look for information that I already know.

And as far as the NFL being a regular work force, what a load of BS. In almost every job from the police force to major corporations to the military almost always is the person being accused of workplace harassment placed on paid leave until the investigation can be completed. It's corporate policy 101. Living in the cess pool you do has rotted your brain.

Please go look it up rather than looking more foolish w/ each post.

You better hurry up and apologize to the Jets fan that's on the Dolphins fan site talking crap.....

welcome to our site!

where am I "talking crap"?

I met florio once at a shopping mall in West Virginia. I wish now that I'd taken that opportunity to punch him in the face. What a smug prick. They were the ones pouring gas on the fire. Unbelievable......

The team was too quick to suspend Richie, and this story is ridiculous.

I don't think they were to quick. Incognito was named by Martin (or his agent). They did the right thing at that time. You hear that all the time that an organization suspends players while the investigation is ongoing. It is quite frequent in college football. And I believe an internal investigation was taken away because the NFL and NFLPA started their own investigation right away and took until this week to come out with a result. Just looking at the text messages Incognito should have been released of any responsibility within days and reinstated.

The fault for the suspension and all that crap going on lies with Martin and his agent and the media for - once again - not fact checking.

This wasn't a shooting and when this first broke they didn't suspend him, they suspended him after the "racial" voicemails came out.

They showed no backbone and that's a bad message to players around the league that may be interested in Miami.

Please go look it up rather than looking more foolish w/ each post.

welcome to our site!

where am I "talking crap"?

loud-noises.jpg

it's so funny how the dolphins can do no wrong. Blame it on the media, they do everything wrong. Miami never makes a mistake, whatever.

it's so funny how the dolphins can do no wrong. Blame it on the media, they do everything wrong. Miami never makes a mistake, whatever.

Well Hate to support a jet fan but to be fair.
Remember this thread
Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

How many of my fellow dolphin fans were making fun of the jets for their gm hunt last year

Come on junc, they had no choice but to suspend him at that point in time. Rememer, Martin was considered the "victim" and Incognito was the "big bad bully" in the eyes of the media. They did initially back Richie and took his word, but when evidence came out publicly that included racism that had to make a move. It was the right call by the franchise from a PR standpoint and to remove both until the investigation was complete. Imagine if they stuck behind Richie and were wrong?

No player is going to avoid Miami over this incident. The problem(Martin) will not be back next season.

Let's be honest junc, you would criticize the Dolphins no matter what the outcome was. If Martin was indeed bullied you would be saying how awful the team is for allowing this to happen. Now that it appears that Martin is just a soft individual who wanted out of football, you blame the Dolphins for suspending the person he accused. Either way, you would be toting the line that free agents might be skeptical. There was no win in your eyes for the Dolphins. Just be honest for once.

Let's be honest junc, you would criticize the Dolphins no matter what the outcome was. If Martin was indeed bullied you would be saying how awful the team is for allowing this to happen. Now that it appears that Martin is just a soft individual who wanted out of football, you blame the Dolphins for suspending the person he accused. Either way, you would be toting the line that free agents might be skeptical. There was no win in your eyes for the Dolphins. Just be honest for once.

post2.jpg

Come on junc, they had no choice but to suspend him at that point in time. Rememer, Martin was considered the "victim" and Incognito was the "big bad bully" in the eyes of the media. They did initially back Richie and took his word, but when evidence came out publicly that included racism that had to make a move. It was the right call by the franchise from a PR standpoint and to remove both until the investigation was complete. Imagine if they stuck behind Richie and were wrong?

No player is going to avoid Miami over this incident. The problem(Martin) will not be back next season.

That's not fair at all as I haven't criticized them at all throughout this whole mess and I'm not saying it is all on the dolphins but they certainly contributed.

That's not fair at all as I haven't criticized them at all throughout this whole mess and I'm not saying it is all on the dolphins but they certainly contributed.

I can agree that the franchise is not perfect, but the brunt of the blame should be placed on Martin if everything we have been hearing lately is indeed the facts. Not saying that Richie is a saint or completely innocent, but the problem appears to have originated with Martin and he used the bully excuse as a way to save face and keep alive the chance he could play in the NFL again.

The Dolphins appear to have been in the dark regarding Martin's problems and the reason they didn't notice any bullying is because it doesn't appear to be true. Between the Dolphins, Martin and Incognito, the Dolphins are the most innocent in all of this.

Takes some balls to blame the Dolphins for his pathetic behavior. Florio is a joke

what I remember most is that pompous ass Tom Jackson with his instantaneous self-righteous attitude. That pissed me off more than any of the news that was coming out. Pretty sure he was sitting on his "jump to conclusions" mat.

Me too. He looked right into the camera on Monday NFL Countdown and called Incognito a 'racist', a 'bigot', and a 'bully'. Where's the apology Tom? Still waiting... And don't get me started on Florio, rofl. What a clown. Right, its the Dolphins' fault for suspending Incognito. Whatever you say Mr. Spinmaster Lawyer.

Richie is an asshole, he should have been cut from the team when he sexually harassed a volunteer.
Jeff Ireland is the one who wanted it covered up.

And yes the Dolphins had to suspend Richie Incognito, its what all businesses do when **** hits the fan, distance yourself from the employee causing trouble. The Jets would have done the same.
And yes the media blew this whole story out of proportion, because all the news outlets wanted to be first, rather than wait for the facts to come out.

LOL

I mean...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is killing me. I'm dead.

nyjunc ACTUALLY believes in his head that the Dolphins should have kept Incognito around while the entire world was buzzing about racism and bullying RUNNING RAMPANT IN THE DOLPHINS CLUBHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one

How can anyone be so utterly retarded?

Back
Top Bottom