Phillip Merling out for the year, Marcus Spears could be next? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Merling out for the year, Marcus Spears could be next?

CK, if you know offhand what is Baker's Height/weight? also, is Dotson built like a fire hydrant or am I lost there? im not a fan of Douglas playing 3-4 end at 6'2. it's funny this site. i recall when the Jets had him in last year many on this site thought we could run at him. now people want him in a Phin uniform.........

Fins uniform or no you could probably still run at him. He is supposed to specialize in TFLs though.

Baker 6045 and 288 coming out of school.

Wow, that was 20 minutes of my life that I won't get back. Just watched the full complement of Lionel Dotson's 13 snaps against the Patriots, Week 9. Yikes.

Man the only time Dotson flashes or shows something is during practices, he has never played up to par when the lights come on. I prefer Baker who in limited opportunities has done the most of the chances he was given.

Well now I certainly know why Dotson played in the New England game and then never received another snap for the rest of the season. This dude's square on the cut list.

i dont know. I know Spears hasnt amounted to much, but he's huge and id like to think he could tie blockers up for Wake, Misi and whoever else.

Just got done watching Ryan Baker's snaps for the season. That dumpy dynamo can play some football! Consistent pass rush, keeps his feet moving, very strong, keeps his head up and he reads the field, able to hold his own. He pressured the passer like 3 times and also made another play in the backfield on a run, and he only had like 14 total snaps this year. Probably couldn't jump an 18 inch fence if he had raptors chasing him, but he's a good football player. Definitely a fun guy to keep our eyes on this year.

BTW Tony McDaniel isn't as bad as people insinuate. He's more of a guy you'd want in on nickel but he's not bad.

As I said on Twitter, if I were an editor and I had books on my desk from Lionel Dotson and Ryan Baker, I'd send Baker's back for some modifications. I'd burn Dotson's.

Crap, forgot about Ikaika Alama-Francis, former 2nd round pick by Matt Millen. He had like 300 snaps in 2008, too. Two big red flags immediately though. One, cut by Detroit. Ouch. Two, drafted by Millen. Double ouch. Is it even worth it?

couple things...ryan baker was playing well against a run down bills interior oline...oline period...but i do know he showed up in a big way in that game...was around the ball a lot...i was impressed...but that bills line was then and is now in shambles... eric wood was the best player i saw on that unit and when he was playing well his leg broke grotesquely prior to our game at the bills...

as for marcus spears parcells himself was in love with that guy when he was drafted...wanted him more than demarcus ware if i recall correctly...i think there's still a soft spot there...

what i think we might see happen is odrick get a hard look in camp and if he proves not ready to start from the get go big d gets a call about spears...

i don't expect much from francis...you get cut by the lions and you're a dlineman you got issues...we'll see...i thought he was overdrafted by the lions anyways...but what do you expect...jordan dizon in round 2...yeah my ***

Well I just watched one game of IAL's and I'm not sure I want to watch a second. Embodies the lesson that a great frame and great athleticism aren't enough. He plays all but blind. Doesn't get off blocks. Doesn't use his hands well. Ryan Baker was a rookie UDFA and Ikaika Alama-Francis was a 2nd round pick in his second year, and it was obvious in limited viewing which guy was a better football player. I can see what Miami's about having Ikaika play DE instead of shifting out to space, but I think they know he's a long shot regardless.

As I said on Twitter, if I were an editor and I had books on my desk from Lionel Dotson and Ryan Baker, I'd send Baker's back for some modifications. I'd burn Dotson's.

damn its that damn bad...why the hell we keep him on the 53 if they didn't see anything from him though...

i dont know. I know Spears hasnt amounted to much, but he's huge and id like to think he could tie blockers up for Wake, Misi and whoever else.

i think that's exactly what he'd do...but he just can't pressure the qb...see how he feels about playing run downs...if he doesn't like it he can go play for some crap team with no shot at winning...cause big d has been trying to unload his *** for years it seems...

why dont we try and sign about three more dt's and let them battle it out and then try to keep some depth. we had a couple of good dts a couple of years ago and we let them get and then we had some issues with depth.

i thought dotson in training camp last year (preseason games) definitely flashed some rush potential...but i also thought quentin moses showed he deserved some in regular season game snaps as well and he didn't exactly wow anyone...but he didn't **** the bed either...

Back
Top Bottom