** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat**

The Arizona game last year was Tuas most flashy performance, but this was his most impressive showing to date. Let’s hope the young guy keeps progressing. Great job by the whole team today that was the best we’ve looked in a year.

Tua completed 84.3% of his passes last over the last 2 games. That is dang impressive.

He keeps this up and even the haters/lemmings will be saying Deshaun who?

I wasn't able to watch the game, just highlights of Tua pretty much, but did the coaching staff do anything notably different with Phillips yesterday that contributed to his production? Or did he just have a great game?

Good game time worry about giants next..there offense terrible but there defense good..sound like we playing another good def coach.

I think you think I’m trying to argue you and say what you’re saying is wrong and I’m not at all. I fully agree that we need to upgrade some positions and some of those are around Tua. I’m 100% in agreement with everything you’re saying.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say that I think you don’t know how to evaluate a QB? I’m definitely not saying anything close to that.

I’m simply saying that we have more talent around Tua than what a lot of people are insinuating. No they’re not all pros or even upper echelon guys. I’m saying that the guys around him right now due to injuries are solid players and they’re better than they’re being given credit for. I’m also saying that some of that reason they’re better than people think they are is bc of Tua. He is elevating them to play above their head which is absolutely a fantastic thing to see bc that’s what the truly elite level QBs are supposed to do.

Would I support an upgrade at WR? Absolutely... Would I support an upgrade at tailback? Absolutely... Would I support upgrading the OL... absolutely... Not arguing any of that whatsoever.

I’m just seeing people act like what Tua is working with right now are just flat out practice squad scrubs and all I’m saying is that’s not the case. Those guys are making plays and the OL is playing better. Once again due in part to some degree bc of Tua. He’s elevating their level of play beyond what they’re actually capable of. My overall point is... Tua is not on a 4 game winning streak by himself. He didn’t put up 33 points today by himself. The guys that he’s had during this 4 game winning streak deserve some credit for this 4 game winning streak. Somebody said in another post that Tuas playing with the worst supporting cast in the league and once again... I’m saying that’s not true at all. Not even a little bit. You don’t win 4 in a row in the NFL by yourself. That’s not luck or by accident. Tua gets the most credit yes bc he’s the QB but my point once again is that he’s not doing it all by himself and it seems most here only want to give all the credit to Tua and I’m saying that’s wrong. It’s ok to credit the guys around him regardless whether we think they’re upper echelon players or not. They’re making the plays that’s helped us to a 4 game winning streak. It doesn’t take any credit away from Tua by giving those guys some of it to.

I know exactly what you’re saying. If we had better this or better that imagine what Tua could do and once again I’m not saying you or anyone else is wrong at all with that assessment. I fully agree with y’all. I’m simply saying we have to roll with what we have for the rest of this year and we should be proud that Tua is starting to really succeed with these level players bc that’s a great and fantastic sign of his development of hopefully becoming a full fledged franchise QB. The last point of mine is just saying those guys are not near as terrible as people are making them out to be. Theirs definitely a few other teams that would trade what they have for what we have at this moment. People claiming it’s the worst supporting cast in the league are obviously not paying attention to the true suck @ss teams in the league like the Texans Jets Lions and quite a few others.

We beat the Ravens with pretty much these same guys we had out their today minus DVP. And guess who got open for the game saving play against the Ravens? The same guy somebody said wouldn’t even be signed by another team in the league in Albert Wilson.

So bottom line is I’m just saying Tua doesn’t have this total steaming pile of s*it as a supporting case like some are trying to make it out to be. Could it be better? Absolutely without question... Do I hope we upgrade in the offseason around him? Absolutely without question... Are their quite a few teams that would trade their pieces for ours right now on offense? Absolute without question. That’s all I’m saying.

By the way none of this is meant in a derogatory manner towards you and I appreciate you being respectful with the dialogue.

Agree with the bolded. I posted in the game thread how fun this season would be if MIA had an average OL. Yes, there is no big RB and, yes, too many receivers are injured, but it's clear talent is there

I wasn't able to watch the game, just highlights of Tua pretty much, but did the coaching staff do anything notably different with Phillips yesterday that contributed to his production? Or did he just have a great game?
They did run a few "games" with him, but mostly it was speed and relentless aggression.

The whole front had a good day. Phillips was the beneficiary of that as well.

I'd love for the people trying to take the stance of "objectivity" regarding Tua's offensive supporting cast not being as bad as described give an example of other teams that have worse players on offense around the QB.

The Dolphins have the worst pass blocking rate in the NFL. As of two weeks ago they had THREE offensive lineman tied for the league lead in pressures allowed. Take a look at yesterday as an example as to how this line kills the offense time and time again by snapping two passes into the dirt to knock us out of field goal range 2 separate times and multiple other times where they followed up a hold with a false start to kill more chances.
They have the 2nd worst rushing attack in the NFL in both yards per game as well as average. In short, this is the worst offensive line in the NFL objectively speaking.
They have exactly ONE WR doing anything on a regular basis because their two high priced WRs never play.
Their TEs are pretty good.

If you don't think this is a bottom 5 offense that is being propped up by the play of a QB who has less than a season under their belt, then I don't know what to tell you.

Relax about what? I totally gave him a world of credit. I wasn’t putting Tua down in any way I was just addressing the post to me. I didn’t mean it in a bad way at all.

17th start is exactly my point. He’s had enough time now. We drafted him top 5. In the NFL you’re hardly ever going to have you’re full team at your disposal much less every week. Franchise QBs find a way to get around that and still make plays with what they’ve got. As I said in that post Tua is starting to show that.

I honestly don’t understand what I should relax about when I’m giving the kid all the credit in the world.
I recommend a "chill pill".
You are getting too "wound around the axle"!

Back
Top Bottom