** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat**

I don’t think anyone is saying what you are insinuating..

There is something missing in your dialogue I can’t put my finger on it.

It’s like you think we don’t know how to evaluate a QB..

We can contextualize his situation..

It’s really not hard to get another good receiver better than Albert Wilson, or another back better than Gaskin..

Or build a better oline..

There’s a lot of room to build around him.
I think you think I’m trying to argue you and say what you’re saying is wrong and I’m not at all. I fully agree that we need to upgrade some positions and some of those are around Tua. I’m 100% in agreement with everything you’re saying.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say that I think you don’t know how to evaluate a QB? I’m definitely not saying anything close to that.

I’m simply saying that we have more talent around Tua than what a lot of people are insinuating. No they’re not all pros or even upper echelon guys. I’m saying that the guys around him right now due to injuries are solid players and they’re better than they’re being given credit for. I’m also saying that some of that reason they’re better than people think they are is bc of Tua. He is elevating them to play above their head which is absolutely a fantastic thing to see bc that’s what the truly elite level QBs are supposed to do.

Would I support an upgrade at WR? Absolutely... Would I support an upgrade at tailback? Absolutely... Would I support upgrading the OL... absolutely... Not arguing any of that whatsoever.

I’m just seeing people act like what Tua is working with right now are just flat out practice squad scrubs and all I’m saying is that’s not the case. Those guys are making plays and the OL is playing better. Once again due in part to some degree bc of Tua. He’s elevating their level of play beyond what they’re actually capable of. My overall point is... Tua is not on a 4 game winning streak by himself. He didn’t put up 33 points today by himself. The guys that he’s had during this 4 game winning streak deserve some credit for this 4 game winning streak. Somebody said in another post that Tuas playing with the worst supporting cast in the league and once again... I’m saying that’s not true at all. Not even a little bit. You don’t win 4 in a row in the NFL by yourself. That’s not luck or by accident. Tua gets the most credit yes bc he’s the QB but my point once again is that he’s not doing it all by himself and it seems most here only want to give all the credit to Tua and I’m saying that’s wrong. It’s ok to credit the guys around him regardless whether we think they’re upper echelon players or not. They’re making the plays that’s helped us to a 4 game winning streak. It doesn’t take any credit away from Tua by giving those guys some of it to.

I know exactly what you’re saying. If we had better this or better that imagine what Tua could do and once again I’m not saying you or anyone else is wrong at all with that assessment. I fully agree with y’all. I’m simply saying we have to roll with what we have for the rest of this year and we should be proud that Tua is starting to really succeed with these level players bc that’s a great and fantastic sign of his development of hopefully becoming a full fledged franchise QB. The last point of mine is just saying those guys are not near as terrible as people are making them out to be. Theirs definitely a few other teams that would trade what they have for what we have at this moment. People claiming it’s the worst supporting cast in the league are obviously not paying attention to the true suck @ss teams in the league like the Texans Jets Lions and quite a few others.

We beat the Ravens with pretty much these same guys we had out their today minus DVP. And guess who got open for the game saving play against the Ravens? The same guy somebody said wouldn’t even be signed by another team in the league in Albert Wilson.

So bottom line is I’m just saying Tua doesn’t have this total steaming pile of s*it as a supporting case like some are trying to make it out to be. Could it be better? Absolutely without question... Do I hope we upgrade in the offseason around him? Absolutely without question... Are their quite a few teams that would trade their pieces for ours right now on offense? Absolute without question. That’s all I’m saying.

By the way none of this is meant in a derogatory manner towards you and I appreciate you being respectful with the dialogue.

After 55 years and three to five moves later?

Today I'm happy if I can remember my phone number (I don't call myself enough to re-enforce it) - LOL

Yea, don't let that score worry you.

They were real enough; my cousin scored a 155 and is a neurologist (not a urologist - get your mind out of the gutter) and I have two girl cousins who scored in the 160's (their dad was a mathematics professor at Columbia & was a friend of Einstein - true.

I'm happy to be able to understand how my 1911 internals work and can do some ballistics calculations to support my reloading efforts.
Can you share your intelligence with Grier and Flores because I’m tired of drafting players like iggy I don’t look back hesgone in the first round.

Great win against a great defense!

I wasnt able to watch this game unfortunately (too much work!)

I didn't see any serious injuries listed in the usual places, did anyone get hurt/pulled during the game?

I wasnt able to watch this game unfortunately (too much work!)

I didn't see any serious injuries listed in the usual places, did anyone get hurt/pulled during the game?
Now that you mention it, no, there weren't any injuries where players had to leave the game and not come back...at least none that I can recall.

GREAT WIN!!!

What a thrill to see the Dolphins put it all together .... we've been waiting a loooooong time to see this kind of play from our team.

Kudos to the coaching staff for a game plan that works. Changing back to the D we displayed last season makes a huge difference. Watching the players execute at such a high level against a stout defense is something we've not seen in a minute.

Watching the development of Tua is pretty cool. I never watched him in college because I never took the time to watch/follow any college teams (work schedule over the years) ... I only had highlight reels and the inspired words of those in the know ... my criticism has been more of a "wait and see" approach and from what I've seen Tua has proven he absolutely has what it takes to be a winner in this league.

I have said a few times in other posts that we have the talent on this team to compete and win against any team.... my biggest issue has been with the coaching staff ... game plan, play calling, being prepared, and the energy on the field (players attitudes and confidence in each other) .... against the Ravens we saw it and against the Panthers it was really obvious.

The next step, IMO, is consistency .... WHEN we see solid performance and swag week in and out will be the day my team has FINALLY joined the upper echelon teams as a contender from the coin flip and a team nobody wants on their schedule. For now, it's awesome to see the team starting to grow together.

I appreciate your viewpoint, but I am just not buying the sarcasm viewpoint.
Maybe he wasn't as funny as he thought he was - I could cede that - LOL

So he was like me then.

Make a sarcastic post, thinking it's funny.

Ugghh life is rough

I think you think I’m trying to argue you and say what you’re saying is wrong and I’m not at all. I fully agree that we need to upgrade some positions and some of those are around Tua. I’m 100% in agreement with everything you’re saying.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say that I think you don’t know how to evaluate a QB? I’m definitely not saying anything close to that.

I’m simply saying that we have more talent around Tua than what a lot of people are insinuating. No they’re not all pros or even upper echelon guys. I’m saying that the guys around him right now due to injuries are solid players and they’re better than they’re being given credit for. I’m also saying that some of that reason they’re better than people think they are is bc of Tua. He is elevating them to play above their head which is absolutely a fantastic thing to see bc that’s what the truly elite level QBs are supposed to do.

Would I support an upgrade at WR? Absolutely... Would I support an upgrade at tailback? Absolutely... Would I support upgrading the OL... absolutely... Not arguing any of that whatsoever.

I’m just seeing people act like what Tua is working with right now are just flat out practice squad scrubs and all I’m saying is that’s not the case. Those guys are making plays and the OL is playing better. Once again due in part to some degree bc of Tua. He’s elevating their level of play beyond what they’re actually capable of. My overall point is... Tua is not on a 4 game winning streak by himself. He didn’t put up 33 points today by himself. The guys that he’s had during this 4 game winning streak deserve some credit for this 4 game winning streak. Somebody said in another post that Tuas playing with the worst supporting cast in the league and once again... I’m saying that’s not true at all. Not even a little bit. You don’t win 4 in a row in the NFL by yourself. That’s not luck or by accident. Tua gets the most credit yes bc he’s the QB but my point once again is that he’s not doing it all by himself and it seems most here only want to give all the credit to Tua and I’m saying that’s wrong. It’s ok to credit the guys around him regardless whether we think they’re upper echelon players or not. They’re making the plays that’s helped us to a 4 game winning streak. It doesn’t take any credit away from Tua by giving those guys some of it to.

I know exactly what you’re saying. If we had better this or better that imagine what Tua could do and once again I’m not saying you or anyone else is wrong at all with that assessment. I fully agree with y’all. I’m simply saying we have to roll with what we have for the rest of this year and we should be proud that Tua is starting to really succeed with these level players bc that’s a great and fantastic sign of his development of hopefully becoming a full fledged franchise QB. The last point of mine is just saying those guys are not near as terrible as people are making them out to be. Theirs definitely a few other teams that would trade what they have for what we have at this moment. People claiming it’s the worst supporting cast in the league are obviously not paying attention to the true suck @ss teams in the league like the Texans Jets Lions and quite a few others.

We beat the Ravens with pretty much these same guys we had out their today minus DVP. And guess who got open for the game saving play against the Ravens? The same guy somebody said wouldn’t even be signed by another team in the league in Albert Wilson.

So bottom line is I’m just saying Tua doesn’t have this total steaming pile of s*it as a supporting case like some are trying to make it out to be. Could it be better? Absolutely without question... Do I hope we upgrade in the offseason around him? Absolutely without question... Are their quite a few teams that would trade their pieces for ours right now on offense? Absolute without question. That’s all I’m saying.

By the way none of this is meant in a derogatory manner towards you and I appreciate you being respectful with the dialogue.
Got it…

The defense is the main reason for the streak imo and Tua managing the game and being super accurate is stabilizing the offense..I think what most people are excited about at that He is essentially learning the position while being under unprecedented pressure..

I wrote this on oct 20th when all the **** was going down.

“TUA.

Just wanted to write about why I think he will get us through this mess.

couple things real quick before I bring up the intangible part.

2 things I've noticed about Tua.

1) He doesn't compute pressure on critical down and distances, business as usual..The parker rep vrs the pats to seal the game, and the 4th and 2 to Hollins on that deep slant last sunday..you can seem him unfazed with a great release, with strength and follow thru...It's pure man. Like when you hit a beautiful 7 iron 180 yards.

2) When Tua can plant his back ft and go one beat forward onto his right foot, he's deadly.When he can step up thru the traffic he sees it clearly and fires accurately. with velocity and good mechanics.

You know what I love about the team around Tua being this bad.?

If gives me great insight to his ceiling. Watching him operate with that ****show in front of him was a clear picture of what could be.Hi level stuff.

Kid was done wrong last year, imo he was not ready in his heart to lead while the team was under Fitz's spell, but now, this is when Tua will shine the most, he has great leadership traits. I believe he is the type of guy that has so much respect for people, its got to come on his time and last year he didn't want it.

I think we're in real good hands with him, and once we get a decent oline, i'm excited to watch the exceptional talent in his left arm put full display. I'm excited to watch him navigate the chaos happening around him to we can get that clear pic of his ceiling, its about the toughest task a young qb could be thrown into, if he pulls it off, the ceiling is real high:-) :)

" I'm actually very intelligent" Really?

My "IQ" test in high school was only a 146. My dad sent me to a psychologist and had me tested because he didn't believe the results from High School. The psychologist was not allowed to reveal my score, but he made one little mistake. He said I was in the top 2% in each of the 7 or 8 areas an "IQ" test looks at. Well guess what, the top 2% represents the "Genuis" level and it equates to a score of 145. Looks like my High School "IQ" test was actually a little low.

I tested 125 on the military's test that requires a minimum score of 120 to become an officer or go to electronics school (My secondary MOS was a 2901, I think), a Radio Relay Repairman. Even the Corps thought we were important, because they offered all technicians a quadruple shipping over bonus for guys to re-enlist. The only other group so well thought of were the truck drivers.

Are you that smart? - LOL

Were you an Officer or any type of electronic (not electrical) technician in the service?

As far as I'm concerned, an IQ test is only an indicator of what someone might be able to do. My experience in life tells me that drive and commitment are the most important factors in achieving anything in life.

That's smart enough for me - LOL

Back
Top Bottom