Phinz Aren't Physical Enough.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz Aren't Physical Enough....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
After watching all of these playoff teams, even the ones that lost, it's clearly obvious to me that the Phinz are no match in terms of being physical.....

The Pats / Cats play physical. They make plays, and hit very hard. I don't see that in Miami. I see a bunch of over-priced, over-hyped talent, that underachieves every season. I like our defense, but we don't even compare to the playoff teams in terms of playing physical.....

I thought that bringing in S S. Knight would give our secondary a big hitter. Someone who plays unpredictable, and makes WR's pay when thay come across the middle. Comparing him to Pats S R. Harrison, is no comparison. That guy is a monster, and he's constantly making big hits. He even gets on the QB. S. Knight was nearly invisible this year compared to Harrison.....

I know this is not a major subject right now, and we all know the offense needs most of the help, but after watching these other teams play, ours is soft in comparison....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
After watching all of these playoff teams, even the ones that lost, it's clearly obvious to me that the Phinz are no match in terms of being physical.....

The Pats / Cats play physical. They make plays, and hit very hard. I don't see that in Miami. I see a bunch of over-priced, over-hyped talent, that underachieves every season. I like our defense, but we don't even compare to the playoff teams in terms of playing physical.....

I thought that bringing in S S. Knight would give our secondary a big hitter. Someone who plays unpredictable, and makes WR's pay when thay come across the middle. Comparing him to Pats S R. Harrison, is no comparison. That guy is a monster, and he's constantly making big hits. He even gets on the QB. S. Knight was nearly invisible this year compared to Harrison.....

I know this is not a major subject right now, and we all know the offense needs most of the help, but after watching these other teams play, ours is soft in comparison....

I couldn't agree with you more....we were at one time a physical def...we have seemed to get away from that...our tackling has become poor and we don't seem to have the same agressiveness...but that being said...we still need to make our offense the number one priority

Completely agree. Always have. How much of that is attributable to coaching motivating the players you think? I can't believe that the only secondary players with fire play at NE and Car.

I wanted Harrison this offseason so BAD!!!!!

I really thought the Phins would land the guy.

I am happy to have Knight!!! But the two are night and day.

I disagree.

Our defense is very physical......our corners are the MOST physical in ALL the league.

I do agree in that we need a big hitter at FS though....and that the physical play we need is on the O-line.

As for your critique of our defense, I would only take the Pats D over ours of all the Playoff teams........

Last edited by a moderator:
Blitz, our defense is fine......

we need physicality on the offensive line......that is the only area we need to be more physical.

If you look at the offenses that beat our defense....(Tennesee, Philly) They did it with finesse, nobody pounded our defense.......not allowing a 100 yard rusher all year I think qualifies you as a "physical" defense.

I couldn't agree with you more

I knew I could count on you to disagree 126. As usual....

I think you may end up being the minority though.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

Man the hits I saw yesterday were earth shattering. I sincerley believe the way to beat the pats is beat up on their receivers, the way their defense beats up on other recievers. Our defense is soft, we may have physical corners, but it's not like they make you pay when you catch the ball. WE need two heavy hitters back there.

That's why I wouldn't be mad if we got a 1st and 3rd for Ogun, took a wr with one of our first 1st round pick and Sean Taylor with our 2nd 1st round pick.

Originally posted by Section126

we need physicality on the offensive line......that is the only area we need to be more physical.

If you look at the offenses that beat our defense....(Tennesee, Philly) They did it with finesse, nobody pounded our defense.......not allowing a 100 yard rusher all year I think qualifies you as a "physical" defense.

Don't get me wrong 126, I like our defense. I wouldn't say it's fine though....

This topic can be discussed at a later, more appropriate time{after we get some offensive help}. I was just stating how impressed I was with the strong physical qualities of yesterdays winning defenses....

Our defense is physical, but like the topic states, and IMO "Phinz Not Physical Enough".

Originally posted by Section126

Ya but along the opposite lines, knocking the pi$$ out of the receivers off the line prevents alot of that finesse. I didn't have the opportunity to watch the Philly game, but if it was at all the same team I've watched the past few weeks, we should be completely embarrassed they beat us.

Most of us believe we need to get more physical. One one side of the ball or both. Perhaps its the O line and safety position. In any case let me ask this: Is the need a player upgrade or coaching upgrade? Meaning, why are we soft, is it the players or coaching?

Exactly...

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Ya but along the opposite lines, knocking the pi$$ out of the receivers off the line prevents alot of that finesse. I didn't have the opportunity to watch the Philly game, but if it was at all the same team I've watched the past few weeks, we should be completely embarrassed they beat us.

This Philly teams sans Brian Westbrook seemed unstoppable when they played us, but choked a couple of weeks later against a weaker SF team. Our defense has no heart. especially later in the year. Our offense needs alot of work as well, that goes without saying, but last year our defense was more than rested with Ricky toting the rock the way he was. What happened? they couldn't stop a Vikings team or a NE team. Even though our offense played well enough to win. Look at NE, aside from Troy Brown, who's their other big name reciever? On Defense aside from Ty Law , Rodney Harrison and Ted Washington, who's a big name on their defense? Vrabel, Brushii, McGunnest? what NE has proven is they dont need big names on their team. All they need is disciplined players and players who play up to their talent in the right system. How often do you see a defensive player out of place on the NE squad? As complex as their gameplans may seem, they play good old fashion hard hitting physical football.

something Miami is built to do, but doesn't.

you gotta say it is the coaching as well since it was not like Harrison was the only one out there hitting. But Harrison being that much better than Knight was a big suprise. I again wonder if Knight w/have been that much better playing for NE and Harrison that much worse playing here....

I also agree that the OL is where we need to get stronger and more physical

yeah, our defense is fine. we locked up the league's most efficient offense for 60 minutes on the road in the cold, allowing only a looong vinateri FG.

the offense has problems, the organization needs to take a good hard look at every position except RB.

Yes, at WR the Dolphins are very soft.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom