Phinz Aren't Physical Enough.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz Aren't Physical Enough....

STs should be better with Moore and Gamble back, plus Yeremiah Bell. Coverage was poor this year.

Our defense can be physical an most of the year they are were not as physical stop yardage yes stop the run yes the pass some times when I think of physical I think about when some one gets the ball or catches the ball smack the hell out of them I hate that push them down spear there asses. Dont let the wr catch the ball put a little fear in there eyes. Perfect game: first meeting between the bills that was one of the best defensive efforts I have ever seen by the dolphins in the last 4 years.

Bad game: the Eagles there was nothing physical about our defense the offense one time comes to play and the defense stayed home lack of coaching and Chymistry.

Re: Re: I dont know who this was in response to

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS :

>This defense is one of the most physical defenses in the NFL both in pass defense and run defense..

BLITZ : No way, not even close. This defense doesn't even deserve to be among the NFL's top 10....

>Miami's CB's have always been known to be physical playing bump and run which is the montra of being a Miami CB..

BLITZ : Is that why on 3rd down and 13, I see them giving the WR's a 10 yard cushion??? CB S. Madison is over the hill. He's been getting torched very regularly lately as well. I wouldn't consider him very physical at all....

>These defensive players we have here are very physical.. The only part of this defense that lacks aggressiveness is the defensive coordinator..

BLITZ : Wrong. DC J. Bates is the only reason they have any physicality. He's a motivator, and a loud one at that. There is no evidence to prove J. Bates is responsible for the lack of being physical....

>Jim Bates is too afraid to allow Madison or Surtain or Buckley go one on one without help from their safeties and that's why he rarely blitzes..

BLITZ : I can't blame him. Too many weak links back there. DB S. Madison / S B. Marion / DB T. Buckley / DB J. Fletcher / S A. Freeman. None of them are physical enough. The only one worth anything is S. Madison, and even he's very questionable these days.....

>You should all be focusing this thread on Jim Bates instead of on the players..

BLITZ : Why??....He's had our defense near the top of the NFL almost every season he's been here. He's not the problem IMO....

>Miami defensive players are not physical?? :lol:

BLITZ : No, not physical enough. I'd trade our defense for the Panthers any day of the week....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Re: Re: Re: I dont know who this was in response to

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

>This defense is one of the most physical defenses in the NFL both in pass defense and run defense..

BLITZ : No way, not even close. This defense doesn't even deserve to be among the NFL's top 10....

>Miami's CB's have always been known to be physical playing bump and run which is the montra of being a Miami CB..

BLITZ : Is that why on 3rd down and 13, I see them giving the WR's a 10 yard cushion??? CB S. Madison is over the hill. He's been getting torched very regularly lately as well. I wouldn't consider him very physical at all....

>These defensive players we have here are very physical.. The only part of this defense that lacks aggressiveness is the defensive coordinator..

BLITZ : Wrong. DC J. Bates is the only reason they have any physicality. He's a motivator, and a loud one at that. There is no evidence to prove J. Bates is responsible for the lack of being physical....

>Jim Bates is too afraid to allow Madison or Surtain or Buckley go one on one without help from their safeties and that's why he rarely blitzes..

BLITZ : I can't blame him. Too many weak links back there. DB S. Madison / S B. Marion / DB T. Buckley / DB J. Fletcher / S A. Freeman. None of them are physical enough. The only one worth anything is S. Madison, and even he's very questionable these days.....

>You should all be focusing this thread on Jim Bates instead of on the players..

BLITZ : Why??....He's had our defense near the top of the NFL almost every season he's been here. He's not the problem IMO....

BLITZ : No, not physical enough. I'd trade our defense for the Panthers any day of the week....

You would trade them huh?

Name the three Panther Linebackers.....quick.

BTW, Dolphins have the 3rd ranked scoring defense, Panthers the 10th......

Dolphins rank better in run defense by far too......so much for "physical" huh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the words right out of my mouth

The only difference is Pat Surtain is the only DB on the miami Squad worth his weight in salt.

Originally posted by Section126
BTW, Dolphins have the 3rd ranked scoring deense, Panthers the 10th......

Dolphins rank better in run defense by far too......so much for "physical" huh?

Gee, that sure proved to be a worthless response.....:rolleyes:

The Panthers are going to the Super Bowl, and here we are missing the playoffs for the second straight season. It must be something other than NFL ranking that got them there. Maybe it has something to do with the way they play on game day???....

.....huh???:lol:

I'm not going to debate with you anymore 126. You have you're opinions, and I have mine. Have a nice day...

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

That's been Maimi's problem

You would trade them huh?

Name the three Panther Linebackers.....quick.

So What if you can't name their linebackers or their d-linemen for that matter. Those unknown have been playing their a$$es off all year and it's paying dividends for them now. On the other hand look at miami, full of big time well known prowbowlers, who couldn't tackle to save their life against Philly, when the offense put up alot of points.

When the defense is taking up two thirds of the salary cap, I expect that they be dominant and play all year not just in September and October. Especially since it's a given that our offense is designed to not make mistakes moreso than score a ton of points. This defense has failed us the last few years and we have a bunch of overpaid pre madonnas on this team that need to be traded or out right released, because they've become more of a liability than an asset.

Gee, that sure proved to be a worthless response.....:rolleyes:

The Panthers are going to the Super Bowl, and here we are missing the playoffs for the second straight season. It must be something other than NFL ranking that got them there. Maybe it has something to do with the way they play on game day???....

.....huh???:lol:

I'm not going to debate with you anymore 126. You have you're opinions, and I have mine. Have a nice day...

The Panthers are going to the Super Bowl because they have better QB play, better O-Line Play, and a softer conference than we do.

Come on Blitz......The Fins D IS better than the Panthers.....it just is......Panthers have a more complete team.

Re: That's been Maimi's problem

Originally posted by rhadaddy

So What if you can't name their linebackers or their d-linemen for that matter. Those unknown have been playing their a$$es off all year and it's paying dividends for them now. On the other hand look at miami, full of big time well known prowbowlers, who couldn't tackle to save their life against Philly, when the offense put up alot of points.

When the defense is taking up two thirds of the salary cap, I expect that they be dominant and play all year not just in September and October. Especially since it's a given that our offense is designed to not make mistakes moreso than score a ton of points. This defense has failed us the last few years and we have a bunch of overpaid pre madonnas on this team that need to be traded or out right released, because they've become more of a liability than an asset.

Great call Daddy!!!.... :D

Re: That's been Maimi's problem

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Who are the pre madonnas that need to be traded or out right released? Name them.

The NFC may be a softer Conference

The Panthers are going to the Super Bowl because they have better QB play, better O-Line Play, and a softer conference than we do.

Come on Blitz......The Fins D IS better than the Panthers.....it just is......Panthers have a more complete team.

But guess what the panthers played Philly in the NFC Championship and held them to three friggin points. THREE POINTS. Miami played Philly and we all know how well that went. So there goes you're theory.

btw, There's no doubt in my mind that had Miami been in the NFC, they would have made the playoffs, but if you can sit here with a straight face and tell me Miami would've beat Seatle, Greenbay, or The Rams, not to mention Philly and Carolina.... To make it to the superbowl, then you need to pass me some of that good stuff you're smoking.

126, I hope you meant to say division....

The Panthers softer division than ours???...

Don't think so.

The Bucs, Saints, Falcons, and Panthers are all pretty tough. The Bucs were the SB Champs last season, and now the Panthers appear to be the next. That's two SB Champ teams coming out of the same division in consecutive seasons. That's what you consider soft???...

The Saints are the only team in that division that I would consider soft, and even so, they've got an offense that would give us serious problems IMO....

The Phinz defense is not better than the Panthers. It has more "names", but it doesn't have as many "playmakers"....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

CONFERENCE, BTW, NE was 14-2 last time I checked.....what were the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs?

As for them beating Philly and us losing to them.....They lost to Dallas and we BLEW Dallas out.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom