Phinz Aren't Physical Enough.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz Aren't Physical Enough....

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
After watching all of these playoff teams, even the ones that lost, it's clearly obvious to me that the Phinz are no match in terms of being physical.....

The Pats / Cats play physical. They make plays, and hit very hard. I don't see that in Miami. I see a bunch of over-priced, over-hyped talent, that underachieves every season. I like our defense, but we don't even compare to the playoff teams in terms of playing physical.....

I thought that bringing in S S. Knight would give our secondary a big hitter. Someone who plays unpredictable, and makes WR's pay when thay come across the middle. Comparing him to Pats S R. Harrison, is no comparison. That guy is a monster, and he's constantly making big hits. He even gets on the QB. S. Knight was nearly invisible this year compared to Harrison.....

I know this is not a major subject right now, and we all know the offense needs most of the help, but after watching these other teams play, ours is soft in comparison....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

I couldn't agree more.Another thing to add is how Patriots WR adjust to the ball and don't give on a pass.Tom Brady passes are off alot too but his receivers adjust very well.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Phinz Aren't Physical Enough....

Originally posted by rhadaddy

If we were so poorly coached why have we gone 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 in the last four years, and if i'm not mistaken, all of those teams aside from the 9-7 team grossly overachieved if anything. Two of our past four years we had no o-line, and no running game. We have a mediocre qb and aside from CC, no wr's. Unlike Baltimore and Carolina, we didn't have a stud o-line and viable wr threats.

Don't get me wrong coaching is a big part but even Danny boy himself convinced WH that our team grossly over achieved and DW's coaching is not the issue. It's more, his personell decisions. that's a liabilty. Trust me, had Danny not liked DW, DW would've been gone. WH trust his confidants enough and mistrust his own football judgement enough not to make a rash descion without consulting his collegues, mainly Dan Marino, Don Shula, Rich mckay, etc.. They all said the same thing DW coaching is not at fault, but his personell decisions is questionable and the team isn't as talented as they are made out to be. Especially in the offensive side of the ball. And there are some overpriced, washed up indivduals on defense. It's been well documented.

We are poorly coached because we never can finish a season. The best team in September doesn't mean crap in December. There are no Lombardi trophies for best regular season teams.

Look at all the players NE lost this year, yet they showed up & performed.

Motivation IS part of a coach's responsibility. To be honest, I'm glad we didn't make the playoffs at the end because I couldn't bear another blowout.

Well this season we weren't even the best team in September.

Stop making excuses saying Tom Brady sucks. He is a good QB period.

Originally posted by Jaj
Stop making excuses saying Tom Brady sucks. He is a good QB period.

Tom Brady is good QB but his ain't very accurate either.His receivers adjust well for the ball and fight for it.None the less Tom Brady makes very good desicions.

No he isn't pin point but he throws around the area atleast, but ya his receivers are better.

if you want a headhunter Sean Taylor is the man to draft.

Re: I dont know who this was in response to

Originally posted by rhadaddy
But crying over officiating in NE's favor is rediculous. How about all of those year when Miami was the leagues least penalized team in the NFl and Don Shula was on the comp commitee.

I agree our run defense was nothing short of awesome, but our pass defense on the other hand was our achillies heal the entire season.

BTW, none of those hits I saw yesterday dished out by NE, were dirty, They were just good bonecrushing hits. And NE defense has been known to punish receivers especially that come across the middle.

The only illegal hit I saw yesterday was the late hit on McNabb and according to the officials the whistle wasn't blown.

Just face it our defense is overpriced and under achieving. Timbo is on the decline, but still effective, ZT and JS are on the decline but still effective. Greenwood is at best solid, but not a gamebreaker. PS is all pro. SM is on the decline, still has something left in the tank. Brock Marion is on the decline and needs to retire. Sammy Knight is either in the wrong Scheme for us or he's not playing up to his head hunter heavy hitting potential. All those core players that are on the decline, tend to wear down in late in the season. When we need them the most. It's time for some core defensive changes. Along with the obvious offensive changes.

This defense is one of the most physical defenses in the NFL both in pass defense and run defense.. I already explained how Miami's run defense is physical.. Miami's CB's have always been known to be physical playing bump and run which is the montra of being a Miami CB..

These defensive players we have here are very physical.. The only part of this defense that lacks aggressiveness is the defensive coordinator.. Jim Bates is too afraid to allow Madison or Surtain or Buckley go one on one without help from their safeties and that's why he rarely blitzes..

You should all be focusing this thread on Jim Bates instead of on the players..

Knight, Madison, Marion and Surtain made hard hits for pretty much the whole year.. It's so simple to forget after the season is over though.. I will tell you this, this is the best year I've seen this secondary play when it comes to giving the hard hits.. The same goes with the LB play and our D-line is always holding their own rarely getting pushed back..

Miami defensive players are not pphysical?? :lol:

Laughable

He won't though. At this point it is Manning, Fitz, Big Ben, Gallery, Winslow as Gibbs loves TEs, and then to the Lions Sean Taylor.

What I would like is the Phins to put their first two picks into the offense. Then with their fourth rounder get a pass rushing DT like Lewis Kelly from Miss St. that can put pressure on their downs and be groomed behind Bowens. Don't scream at me enough defense. A fourth round pick like that can really help the D become even better.

Originally posted by Jaj
What I would like is the Phins to put their first two picks into the offense. Then with their fourth rounder get a pass rushing DT like Lewis Kelly from Miss St. that can put pressure on their downs and be groomed behind Bowens. Don't scream at me enough defense. A fourth round pick like that can really help the D become even better.

Should be no reason we can't go for D in the 4th round.

If we can't fix most if not all of our offensive woes by a combination of trades/FA/early round picks, we have issues.

Back
Top Bottom