pick 1 qb for 06' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

pick 1 qb for 06'

A lot of people are picking McNair. Why?? He has injury problems and is in his 30s. We need a QB that is young so we can build around him. I really like Quinn, but I agree he is a system quaterback so he is a gamble, especially for a first round pick. I think we should attempt to trade for Schuab. He has proven he can play in the NFL.

Why in the world are people saying "If we dont draft anyone: McNair" What sense does it make to pick up an old guy when we are rebuilding.

I say draft, or young guy in free agency (Carr, Rivers). We need someone to rally behind for more than 4 months.

Aqua and Orange said:
Why in the world are people saying "If we dont draft anyone: McNair" What sense does it make to pick up an old guy when we are rebuilding.

I say draft, or young guy in free agency (Carr, Rivers). We need someone to rally behind for more than 4 months.

Rivers and Carr havnt proved anything at this level

Mcnair can still make all the throws and is a veteran QB, the type of guy that can lead you to the playoffs

i say mcnair and draft a young QB, we can have Mcnair teach the young guy

nolefin said:
If you had your choice of these qb's assuming all are available who would you have, just pick 1 and consider the picks we would have to give for some players.

1.quinn- we would have to give up next years #1 and maybe more
2.lineart- we would have to give up next years #1 and maybe more
3.vince young
4.cutler
5.jacobs
6.croyal
7.hackney
8.shockley
9.clemens
10.olson
11.pinegar
12.rivers- we would have to give up this years #1
13.kitna- f/a
14.mcnair-f/a
15.collins-f/a
16.garrard- 3rd 17.carr-f/a
18.ramsey- we woud give up a pick, maybe a 3rd
19.grossman- we would give up a pick,maybe a 3rd
20.schuab- we would give up a pick, they will want a 1st or 2nd
21.a.brooks-f/a

me i dont want to give up picks so i would say cutler, remember just pick 1

We need to draft a QB, there is no doubt about that... However, we also need to get a journeyman for next year to mentor the draft pick...

You can dream all you want... but finding a Marino, Elway, Rothesberger, or Vick that can play out of the gate is HIGHLY unlikely!!!

Marino didn't start his first game until the mid-season of his rookie year... He lost it! Rothesberger was thrown in during the 2nd game of the season... Had it not been for the running game and the "D" the Steelers had, he would of failed... Brady was on the bench for almost 2 years before Bledsoe went out with a spleen/rib injury... He had his troubles as well!

Point is, we need a solid starter at QB before we throw picks at a rookie QB!!! How many busts have there been at QB since 2000? How many teams depended on that pick to get them out of trouble and have failed?

The Jills released Bledsoe because they thought their rookie LOST MAN would be great out of the gate! I would give my left nut for Bledsoe right now!!! Why do you think the Jills have struggled this year after finishing so strong with DREW last year?

Now that I have all that S@#$ Out of my system, I say we go for KITNA or COLLINS!:D

They were saying tonight on NFL Total Access, that if Cutler has a good showing at the combine, he will be drafted before Leinart. I myself have not seen him play, but I have heard nothing but praise for him.

DJ Shockley with a side of rex grossman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex22 said:
Rivers and Carr havnt proved anything at this level

Mcnair can still make all the throws and is a veteran QB, the type of guy that can lead you to the playoffs

i say mcnair and draft a young QB, we can have Mcnair teach the young guy

Young will never be more than a good WR unless a miracle happens.

Back
Top Bottom