Pitts and Chase Pro day | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts and Chase Pro day

I'm a long-time unbeliever when it comes to the importance of 40 times.

More so now that almost all of the prospects train for this.

One, it isn't really a football skill, and two... there are so many variables-- track, wind speed, electronic or hand timed... bias...

So when I see entire thread bloviating about whether some prospect or another is 'off my board', or 'moved up on my board' because of something that happened on a track... I mostly just laugh.

I'll repeat this Pitts played 10 lbs heavier lighter at College, he didn't put weight on to improve his 40 time !

Edit: Fixed my mistake lighter not heavier

Last edited:
I don’t got time for y’all’s bait bs today. Learn the game
If "the game" is how to gaslight people by dragging people down for not running in a combine, but ignore the fact that Parsons and Chase chose to sit out an entire season and spend the entire last year training to get a pretty number, then I don't play "the game".

Let us know when they start handing out trophies for standing on scales or running around in your underwear.

Barkevious Mingo would have a bunch of 'em.

so would your offensive tackle from auburn that got cut what 2 years in.

seriously slimm find folks that actually think you know what you are talking about. It’s not me

add an extra tenth. That’s rich but expected 😂

Pitts and Chase are gone by 6.

Get used to Waddle or Smith.

Hope it works out.
Maybe, I really think Cincy will take Sewell. Atlanta is kind of a wild card. If they keep the pick don't be surprised if they go defense. Top 3 are qbs.

He jumps like dj metcalf and close to Julio I guess those numbers are bs too. This place never fails with the bs

Pitts and Chase are gone by 6.

Get used to Waddle or Smith.

Hope it works out.

I'm not ready to write it off just yet, despite all this the best route for CIN is to take Sewell and ATL may kick themselves in the future if they don't snag a Ryan replacement at 4 or trade back for a bounty.

Well you have to add a tenth to any pro day times to get an apples to apples comparison. Any comparisons for Ja'Marr Chase to Julio Jones are off by quite a bit.

Julio was 6'3", 220 and a ran a 4.39 at the combine with a broken bone in his foot. It wasn't a pro day time it was an official combine timed 40 yard dash.

Chase is 6'0", 201 and the 4.38 pro day time equates to about 4.50 at the combine. You don't see 4.3 speed on the field with Ja'Marr Chase. Guarantee you don't.
I believe they’re being laser timed now.

I'm not ready to write it off just yet, despite all this the best route for CIN is to take Sewell and ATL may kick themselves in the future if they don't snag a Ryan replacement at 4 or trade back for a bounty.
Agreed. Also, Atlanta could trade back with a QB team not named Carolina

I'll repeat this Pitts played 10 lbs heavier at College, he didn't put weight on to improve his 40 time !
Umm... I made no reference to Pitts exactly, nor did I draw any conclusions other than I reject most of these pro days and their value.

He jumps like dj metcalf and close to Julio I guess those numbers are bs too. This place never fails with the bs
Metcalf is also multiple inches taller, 20+ pounds heavier, and is built like a house.

Miami sports haven’t drafted any superstar potential players in recent memory other than maybe Barkov in NHL. Not NFL, NBA, MLB, etc..

We had a chance at 3 to draft Pitts but we instead trade the pick and now he’s about to get drafted by the Falcons. Dolphins will never be a TOP 10 offense for awhile.

Pitts played at 10 lbs heavier than what he weighed in today ! That's pretty darn impressive, clearly not been training to run a fast 40.
You don’t think losing 10lbs improves speed time?

Of course it isn’t just 40, it is all the drills.

Back
Top Bottom