Pitts and Chase Pro day | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts and Chase Pro day

Chase is very impressive with his strength, using his arms to keep defenders at a distance, tracking the ball, and making contested plays.

But I simply do not see 4.38 speed when I watch him play.

Atlanta isn’t going QB there unless they have Trey Lance rated that high (which I doubt). It just doesn’t make sense. They really have to explore a trade down. Period. They need a CB in the worst way and 4 is way too high for Surtain. If they have to make the pick at 4 it’s going to be Pitts or Chase guaranteed.

As for Cinci, they HAVE to take either Sewell or Slater. A receiver won’t help protect their #1 overall investment from last year. I heard that Burrow is begging for Chase. To me....That would be a bad move on their part.

So, the way I see it, thinking logically...... We will get either Chase or Pitts depending on what Atlanta does. If Atlanta does trade down, we are going to have our choice between the two.

The absolute worst thing that happens is that we have our pick between Waddle or Smith. Things could definitely be worse.

Last edited:
yeah but he’s a flex and iso split primary yeah he can play some in line he won’t make a living tbere. You need to clear snaps which is gesicki

Crabbs had him at 261 out of 409 snaps last season, with his hand in the dirt, 79 from the slot.

I think he'll be very good at that, too. He improved a lot from 2019 to 2020, so he's shown the desire, and he obviously has the tools. Dude's just 20.

Hopefully he goes to a place where fans will allow him time to grow in that department.
He's a worst block coming out than Gesickie was and you saw how quickly people wanted to get rid of him as a 2nd round pick.

Sounds like some very generous home-filed cooking on Chase. He doesn't show that fast in games anyway. Maybe he did spend the whole year just running track and working on speed....
I've been thinking this as well. Weird how there's no combine this year and everyone is running 4.4 on pro day...even lineman.
Don't know if we can trust some of these 40 times.

Marco Wilson is a sneaky late round pick, 26 on the bench. Forget about the shoe throwing thing, kid can play, get him in the late rounds, could have a steal there.

Crabbs had him at 261 out of 409 snaps last season, with his hand in the dirt, 79 from the slot.

ok you can take the bet too

🤝

but realize split iso is basically boundary usage it just won’t be where he makes his living. Kelce is basically a flex that also plays in line. Usage will be similar

Atlanta isn’t going QB there unless they have Trey Lance rated that high (which I doubt). It just doesn’t make sense. They really have to explore a trade down. Period. They need a CB in the worst way and 4 is way to high for Surtain. If they have to make the pick at 4 it’s going to be Pitts or Chase guaranteed.

As for Cinci, they HAVE to take either Sewell or Slater. A receiver won’t help protect their #1 overall investment from last year. I heard that Burrow is begging for Chase. To me....That would be a bad move on their part.

So, the way I see it, thinking logically...... We will get either Chase or Pitts depending on what Atlanta does. If Atlanta does trade down, we are going to have our choice between the two.

The absolute worst thing that happens is that we have our pick between Waddle or Smith. Things could definitely be worse.

How about they need to replace their 100 year old QB and start a rebuild.
You think ATL is a CB/TE/WR away from a championship run?

Any competant GM sees the writing on the wall. They're window has closed! Stop the nonsense and start rebuilding now.

Shocked by Chases 40. Looks like a 4.5 guy to me. Which by the way is still high first draftable with his skill set.

Would love that. Gonna be hard to pull it off though. Think there is a chance we can get one of these guys plus one Bama guys though. If you want to that you should pick Pitts first then move up once Chase then Waddle/Smith goes off the board.

Ya I mean it’s a possibility. I hate the idea of giving up picks but at a certain point we need to be great too.

I’m typically hesitant on pass catchers early in the draft but this group seems ultra talented.

If you get Pitts and any one of those WRs, Belichek might explode on live TV, Robert Saleh will ask to go back to San Fran and Josh Allen might hold off on signing long term in Buffalo. Obviously kidding, kinda.

Even Waddle would fit exceptionally.

Tua is going to be a happy guy on draft night.

That his versatility makes him more valuable doesn't mean he's not good enough to dominate from any set position.

that’s not what I’m saying and I get it. I’m saying tbough that he’s gonna be drafted as a primary flex tight end who also plays in line and splits. Like kelce usage for example. Just with a little less ideal in line frame but capable of holding his own with a lot of in line ask. Just probably not taking on des at the poa etc.

starting boundary wr he’s not getting drafted for. That’s my point. And if I’m wrong well you win

Marco Wilson is a sneaky late round pick, 26 on the bench. Forget about the shoe throwing thing, kid can play, get him in the late rounds, could have a steal there.

He's trash at corner. I bet you'd keep trying to line him up on the Slim Reaper and get beat by 40 wouldn't you.

Back
Top Bottom