Plan For Success.. Trust Gase! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plan For Success.. Trust Gase!

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's very simple. The thing about common sense is, it isn't so common. Dolphin fans are pessimists by nature. It's a perfectionism type problem.

Building a dynasty takes time. It doesn't happen over night. We got rid of four pro-bowlers in Pouncey, Landry, Suh, and Ajayi. That is a very big blow to any locker room in just a year. It needed to be done, even though I liked watching Juice on Sundays.

Always aim to win and plan for the future. This is how to make a deep seeded roster that can produce. We are still above .500 at 5-4 with Tannehill out, Sitton, Wilson headed to the IR. A Robert Quinn who lost his mojo. A rare fossil in Gore who is our stater at running back. A disgruntled Reshad Jones who is clearly upset that he may be a cap casualty next year. Parker who is made of glass. There are much more if you want to keep going.

The plan is to keep building the defense because defense always wins championships. Tannehill is a good QB, but needs an All-Pro oline to be successful. A Dallas Cowboy line. Which we are far from. Tannehill cannot elude pressure. This is his Kryptonite. That is why we need Eli Manning next year. He is not washed. Eli Manning knows they are going in a different direction and lost faith and confidence in the Giants organization. The Giants have a far worse o-line than Miami so we will look like a brick wall for him.

People will complain and say I'm a lost soul and delusional, but hear me out. Gase turned his big brother Peyton Manning to having his best career years in Denver after having his next fused back together. Peyton Manning and Dan Marino were spotted sitting together at the Bears game. Who knows what they were talking about. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have a weakness in Eli Manning. Which is a big bonus because he is clutch in the Playoffs. Plus if we draft a QB in 2020 he can sit behind Eli a future Hall of Famer and 2x Super Bowl champion and learn the ropes like Farve and Rodger/ Smith and Mahomes. Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson would be perfect. (In my opinion) We would have to trade up for him, but Kansas City did it with Mahomes and look how it turned out.

Plus if Denver keeps loosing, Vance Joseph will be fired. Which he can have a reunion with Gase. Which we all shouldn't mind at all.

The goal is to build a dynasty football team. Ross has clearly stated he wants to win Super Bowls (plural).

What do you believe is the best course of action do accomplish this task?

I can't stand being average. It messes with my gut.

"I bleed aqua and orange". - T. Mash.

Man I write to much but damn, you got a PDF version to download and study? ;-)

Good post man. I agree with...some of your thoughts there.

I wouldn’t mind Eli if he’s simply a caretaker for a 1st round QB.

Would be a nice case scenario if Tanne restructures and an Eli or a Flacco comes in- let camp sort that out.

We sell 2021 for a 2020 QB.

Realistically, you have to give Gase another 3 years.

At this point, even if we lose the remainder of our games, I’m convinced you have to give some coach much more time than 3 years.

You have to Marvin Lewis marry someone to build a franchise because you’re never going to build one cleaning house on a consistent 3 year cycle. It’s just not going to happen that way.

I’d like Gase to hand over OC to someone else and unless there is a drastic change in defensive scheme going forward, Burke has to go.

As much as many want Gase out, I din’t think it’s in our best interest to start over ONCE AGAIN.

Would be nice to have an owner that would step in and insist Gase concentrate on being a HC and bring in an OC Gase can work with.

Nice write up brother. I agree with rebuilding, it does take time.
I will elaborate a little. I like the new additions we gotten and the direction we are headed when choosing talent. "Yes we miss but what team doesn't"

Our core seems to be getting more talented at Safety and LB which has been an major issue for this team for quite some time. They are young but I think we can all already see the upgrade.
Secondary has the most talent we've had since Madison, Surtain and Marion, they aren't at that level but I'm optimistic they are growing rather than declining.

TE is still an issue.
QB is still an issue- we need to draft a QB Hopefully we find some resolution at QB or a diamond in thE 2019 draft
RB is improved
OL is a few pieces away from being legitimate.
ST is a complete package IMO
Seems like our Kicker is what we were looking for, I'm happy this has been resolved.

DL is a must in this draft,.

Overall, I bitch and moan on Sundays because we still cant get over the hump, but damnit the issues we are currently having don't seem to be the same issues we typically deal with.

Even with the shortcomings I see in Gase, I see more positives than negatives.
He is young and needs time to build his vision. In a business its not as easy as hire this guy and our problems are solved.
There is a stink fest of failures from previous regimes that are still in our locker room. It takes time to weed out all those mistakes politically.

Gase is doing fine. some of us are overachievers and tired of losing. We all want to win now, who doesn't?
Finally, I think Miami is moving forward. We still have a ways to go, but I do like the decisions that are being made in Miami by Adam Gase and Grier.

Sorry for the grammatical errors, I'm multitasking,.

Fins up!

I agree with some of your thoughts, building a team takes time and with frustration boiling over I can't blame fans. The Dolphins have been a bad team for 2 decades, everything from salary cap hell to bad drafting, we should do what the Raiders are doing this season....blow up the entire roster, accumulate draft picks and rebuild quickly.

Turnover at coach is a bad idea. You aren't just switching coaches, your changing visions again. New Coach= New Philosophy.
Yes it definitely takes more than 3 years to implement your culture and philosophy to a team in the condition ours is in.

Gase took over a madhouse and has been above average IMO, from my perspective, another 2 years and 2 more successful drafts we should be a solid football team.
Barring these injuries "Yes conditioning is part of our coaches responsibility also" we could have been legitimate this year. Not SB contenders but maybe another step deeper in the playoffs.

I don't see Reshad as a cap casualty due to his $12.1M dead cap hit in 2019....Unless reports are true about voiding his contract.

Back
Top Bottom