Players That Overstayed Their Welcome W/Miami.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players That Overstayed Their Welcome W/Miami..

Channing Crowder was someone I hoped we would move on from every season but he kept making the roster and missing tackles everywhere

Not a player but Gase. As for players Martin and Thomas were two I was happy left.
And those giving Tannehill a pass ended up being right as it clearly was a case of the supporting cast being the problem.

I've never really cheered the release of a player. I just can't make myself hate these guys just because the weren't good enough...

Now... coaches and front office people on the other hand.

Jimmy Johnson was a cancer. He handcuffed Marino and single-handedly wrecked our offense.
Saban was a liar and completely lost the respect of every man in the building.
Gase was just incompetent, and a TERRIBLE leader.

Those three made me happy by leaving.

I've never really cheered the release of a player. I just can't make myself hate these guys just because the weren't good enough...

Jimmy Johnson was a cancer. He handcuffed Marino and single-handedly wrecked our offense.

Adam Gase firing was such a big sigh of relief, might even had been the highlight of his last awful season with Miami.

Not sure which TE was worst for Miami: Egnew or washed up Julius Thomas.
At least Thomas was only one and done here. We blew it drafting Egnew in the third round. Career 7 catches for 69 yds and he was soft as butter. Never played again for anybody after we dumped him.

At least Thomas was only one and done here. We blew it drafting Egnew in the third round. Career 7 catches for 69 yds and he was soft as butter. Never played again for anybody after we dumped him.
all facts. Sad because I don't think a single poster here liked the pick.

I give Johnson credit for building the defense with Taylor, Thomas, Madison and Surtain.

But he did handcuff Marino. And trading out of the first round and missing on Randy Moss was a big mistake. Moss with Marino could have been pretty special.

I give Johnson credit for building the defense with Taylor, Thomas, Madison and Surtain.

But he did handcuff Marino. And trading out of the first round and missing on Randy Moss was a big mistake. Moss with Marino could have been pretty special.
He had two main problems... he thought there was only one way to win, and he was one of those guys who just refused to listen to other people.

Ego.

This was also Saban's problem. Neither one of them could win unless things went perfectly, and both of them thought that when things did go perfectly, they were the ones responsible.

Just awful people.

Not only that but he "gifted" the Dolphins Wannstadt.

He had two main problems... he thought there was only one way to win, and he was one of those guys who just refused to listen to other people.

Ego.

This was also Saban's problem. Neither one of them could win unless things went perfectly, and both of them thought that when things did go perfectly, they were the ones responsible.

Just awful people.
Agree. I remember being frustrated when Johnson tried to force the ground game with Jabbar at running back.

Miami's offensive line was build for pass blocking. Had Johnson been flexible, he would have built the defense and added some weapons for Marino and the passing game.

I don't think he could envision winning with a pass first offense.

Back
Top Bottom