Playoffs Scenarios | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs Scenarios

So we need either the Titans or Colts to lose this week and us to beat the Jags to have hope going into week 17

Yep. That's it. I have no idea why so many of these posts make it more complicated than that. All this talk about a joint 3-way tie at 9-7 can't happen unless either Tennessee or Indianapolis lose this week.

Those teams play each other next week, so if both have 9 wins exiting week 16 then I like somebody's chance to finish above the Dolphins, no matter what we do.

The Patriots technically could lose both games, but as I posted yesterday the theoretical odds against that are in the 40/1 range, if you use the win percentage as defined by the money line. That's only going to drop decisively if Brady can't play, in one or both of the games.

Titans and Colts would be more likely than not to both win, but it is not overwhelming. Based on the spread and aligned money lines, the likelihood that both win is something like 54%.

Again, that is theoretical, based on a large sample of two teams favored by the this amount. Obviously in any given situation both favorites could lose by 30 points.

Basically we have to win out AND Pats lose final 2 OR Colts AND Titans go 1-1 over the next 2 weeks meaning 1 team has to lose week 16 and then the beat the other week 17. So if one of those 2 lose week 16, cheer like hell for them week 17.

So if we make it as the #6 seed we get to play in probably Texas, NE, Pitt or Baltimore-good fun. If we win the division, we get to host KC or the Chargers. All of those matchups sound promising, maybe not 62-7 Jacksonville cut a** promising, but none the less.

Phins are done. Redskins was their best chance. All you gAse haters and we don’t deserve playoffs can celebrate. Baltimore game doesn’t matter. Colts are not losing to giants. Go ravens. They will lose but I rather see any team but the Steelers make it. But they will make it. **** **** ****

Hopefully pats get it together and beat Steelers in playoffs. Can’t depend on chiefs. Andy Reid hasn’t won anything in his life. Big ****ing loser. He doesn’t win **** in playoffs. Lol.

Let’s fire gase and then the new coach we can fire after the first preseason game. Then find another and fire him. Enjoy the off season. Lo forward to the draft and few agency. Nothing will change for Miami with any coach. Keep tannehill another 15 years too.

Let’s fire gase and then the new coach we can fire after the first preseason game. Then find another and fire him. Enjoy the off season. Lo forward to the draft and few agency. Nothing will change for Miami with any coach. Keep tannehill another 15 years too.

Take a breath man holy crap lol

We now need either a Colts or NE loss tomorrow or I believe we will be eliminated.

Ya I am pretty pissed. I was holding out hope for playoffs. Not happening. Each and every week I live and die with this team. I just don’t think I can do it anymore. It takes a lot out of me. At least I bet skins would cover.
I knew they wouldn’t lose by 10.

Last edited:
That PI call late against the Redskins was a joke. The ball was out of bounds .

Last edited:
Colts won’t lose. Their stat wideout isn’t even playing. Manning is awful. Colts will cover the 10 point spread

That PI call late against the Redskins was a joke. The ball was out of boiling.
Yep I agree Reminded me of a dolphin game. Well it should of because it affected Miami just as much.

Back
Top Bottom