Playoffs Scenarios | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs Scenarios

Weird that as much as we 'suck', the division is still up in the air with just two weeks to go.

Just sick of the usual suspects always belittling people for having a conversation. People act like they were predicting a superbowl run or something. Assholes..

The division isn’t up in the air. New England will be 11-5 and win it.

For being fans of a team who just won a game vs the best QB and coach of all time on a miracle play that will never be forgotten there sure is a lot of negativity in this thread. Yes we got our A** kicked by the vikings but so what stop complaining. We know we don't have an elite team and not a real shot at a Super Bowl. But theres still scenarios we get into the playoffs and can enjoy a playoff game and then who knows. We're already a middle of the pack draft team so you rather we lose? Or say hey, would be nice to have a playoff game before 9 months with no important football. I believe until we are eliminated officially. And ill be in Hard rock stadium this Sunday loving those throwback uni's and field screaming my A** off this Sunday. If the pats lose to the Bills this Sunday and the dolphins win this place will sound a lot different lmao GO DOLPHINS!

Reactions: Jed
Wrong if we win out and the ravens lose one we're ahead due to conference record
Does it really matter?...Captin Corrector! the Ravens lose plus Indy plus Titans..This team is going nowhere you know it, I know it, and so does everyone else. Minus the homers. So I’ll answer the question for you ..No it does not matter. sheeesh I didn’t know I was playing trivia pursuit.

Last edited:
Does it really matter?...Captin Corrector! the Ravens lose plus Indy plus Titans..This team is going nowhere you know it, I know it, and so does everyone else. Minus the homers. So I’ll answer the question for you ..No it does not matter. sheeesh I didn’t know I was playing trivia pursuit.
Hey dip stick I was just correcting your false information. Secondly I never asked you a question. Who the F are you to tell me what matters to me or doesn't

Y'all still talking about the playoffs?

I'd rather read a mock draft...

Tannehill is got to be sacked 15 times in the next games against the Bill's and jags this speculation is a moot point.

Hey dip stick I was just correcting your false information. Secondly I never asked you a question. Who the F are you to tell me what matters to me or doesn't
If you we face to face with me I’d bitch you up!

Here's an interesting scenario; it's possible after week 16 that we will be the 6th seed. And then we beat Buffalo in week 17 and don't get in.

It’s not over until it’s says it's over.

Our Miami Dolphins may be on the outside looking in on the AFC playoff picture with two games remaining in the NFL season.

But there is still hope. BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

The Dolphins, who fell to 7-7 last week while three other teams improved to 8-6, will need some help from other teams around the league to make it happen.

Miami hosts the Jacksonville Jaguars (4-10) on Sunday before finishing the season at the Buffalo Bills (5-9) on Dec. 30. The Dolphins are 1-6 on the road this season.

If the Dolphins lose to either the Jaguars or Bills, they will be effectively eliminated from playoff contention. So Miami must win out.

And if Miami wins its last two games, it would have an 8-4 record against AFC opponents, which would be the trump card in most tie-break situations.

The Ravens (at Chargers, vs. Browns), the Titans (vs. Redskins, vs. Colts) and the Colts (vs. Giants, at Titans) are also in the hunt for the sixth and final AFC playoff spot.

Here is how the Dolphins can make the playoffs if they win their last two games:

--The Ravens, Colts, Titans all lose in Week 16 (all four teams would be 8-7).

The Ravens and Colts win in Week 17. Miami would win the tie-breaker with Indianapolis (7-5 vs. AFC) and Baltimore (7-5 vs. AFC) if all three teams finish 9-7.

--The Ravens, Colts, Titans all lose in Week 16 (all four teams would be 8-7).

The Ravens and Titans win in Week 17. Miami would win the tie-breaker with Baltimore (7-5 vs. AFC) and Tennessee (6-6 vs. AFC) if all three teams finish 9-7.

--The Ravens and the Titans lose, while the Colts win in Week 16. (IND 9-6, while three teams at 8-7).

The Titans must beat the Colts in Week 17.

Miami would win a tie-breaker with Baltimore (7-5 vs. AFC), Tennessee (6-6 vs. AFC), Indianapolis (6-6 vs. AFC) if all four teams finished with 9-7 records.

--The Ravens and Colts lose, while the Titans win in Week 16. (TEN 9-6, three teams at 8-7)

The Colts beat the Titans, and the Ravens to beat the Browns in Week 17, so all four teams are tied at 9-7.

Again, Miami would win a tie-breaker with Baltimore (7-5 vs. AFC), Tennessee (6-6 vs. AFC), Indianapolis (6-6 vs. AFC) if all four teams finished with 9-7 records.

But, if the Ravens lose their final two games in this scenario, the Colts would win the tie-breaker over the Dolphins (head to head in Week 12) and Titans (both AFC South games).

And there’s this scenario: The Dolphins can still clinch the AFC East in 2018.

--There is a possibility the Dolphins could win the AFC East and clinch a No. 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs. Along with two Dolphins wins, the New England Patriots must finish the season losing their final two games.

The Patriots (9-5) will finish their schedule hosting the Bills on Sunday, and the New York Jets (4-10) on Dec. 30. New England has already beaten both teams at their home stadiums earlier this season, but miracles could happen. As we witness it 2 weeks ago.

This scenario would mean the Dolphins finish 5-1 against AFC East opponents, while the Patriots would finish 3-3, paving the way for the Dolphins to potentially host a playoff game.

But, a Patriots win Sunday they will clinch the division, and end this possibility. Then it will come down to WILD CARD. Which means,

If the Titans and Colts both win Sunday, the Dolphins will be officially eliminated no matter what they do against the Jaguars.

Miami had its fate in its own hands a few weeks ago and blew it. Now they’ve continued to need other teams to lose just so they have a chance. That isn’t winning football.

They are toast.

We basically need the Ravens, Colts and Titans to all lose a game. If any of them get to 10-6, they get in and we don't. That's about it.

--The Ravens and Colts lose, while the Titans win in Week 16. (TEN 9-6, three teams at 8-7)

The Colts beat the Titans, and the Ravens to beat the Browns in Week 17, so all four teams are tied at 9-7.

Again, Miami would win a tie-breaker with Baltimore (7-5 vs. AFC), Tennessee (6-6 vs. AFC), Indianapolis (6-6 vs. AFC) if all four teams finished with 9-7 records.

None of the options are very good but this seems like the one that has at least some possibility as I can't see Washington beating Tennessee on Saturday. Baltimore may likely lose to LAC and the Giants would have to win in Indy. The Giants apparently were horrific last week so they may come out much better. Sucks we lost in Minnesota.

Back
Top Bottom