Playoffs Scenarios | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs Scenarios

I think the best chances we have to be alive in week 17 (still no playoffs just alive) in order are:

Ravens lose to Chargers
Colts lose to Giants
Pats lose to Bills
Titans lose to Redskins

Basically I think we are ****ed as I expect Indy, Ten and NE to all win. They all look like no brainers actually.

Did anyone really think we would beat the Vikings? I was counting it as a loss. I was just hoping the cowboys beat the colts last week and the vikings game would not have hurt that much. Then I hoped the ravens lost to the chargers and titans beat colts. We blew our chance when we lost to the colts really. I don't understand why everybody is so surprised about the Vikings game. We had no chance in that game. We are not a talented team. I am surprised we have won 7 games. Without injuries we probably win 9 games. Because our injuries were mostly to starters that killed us. The d line is overpaid and they produce nothing! The oline has struggled with stunts all year. I knew Zimmer would kill us with that. The linebackers are young and really not physical enough. We get beat by physical teams especially on the road. At home the heat must wear them down.

I thought all year before the injuries we could win 9 or 10 game at most.. After all these injuries I can't believe we won 7 so far. Not just the injuries that hurt us. I was expecting a bigger impact from gesicki when I assumed 9 or 10 wins. Nothing from him. I was expecting mikah to play safety as well. I know they didn't have a choice because of lack of corners and injuries. But I was expecting mikah to make a huge difference in the middle of the field. That didn't happen. I was expecting Sutton to stabilize the line. Without him we had two guards that were weak instead of just Davis. Maybe they are lucky or play hard for Gase. I don't know. But I don't know how we still have a shot at 8 or 9 wins.

I think the team is poorly constructed especially on defense. I blame Gase and the front office for that. I think they play extremely hard and Gase knows how to get guys open. I give Gase credit for that.
And if you still have hope for the playoffs....that is awesome. The off season is long enough. Making the playoffs with this bunch would be an accomplishment. Some people dislike the coach and front office so bad that they don't want anything to do with the playoffs. That's fine. I am hoping for it still. Probably won't happen but I seen teams like the bills and chargers get in before with weird stuff happening. They didn't say no thank you. We don't deserve it. Or the team will get routed in the game. I also seen teams with no injuries to starters. I seen teams like the steelers who have feasted on weak schedules and playing bad qbs. last year teams that played the afc south easily could defeat the colts, Texans or packers who are in another division. We play them and they have all their qbs back. So deserve has nothing to do with getting in the playoffs. There is a lot of good fortune that goes into it.

RE: Gase...

I think I know why certain peeps support Gase... They like his "try not to lose" approach and are using the same philosophy to justify keeping Gase around -- because playing to WIN is too risky and... It's better to keep Gase because some folks we've let go have went to other teams and done OK (albeit ALWAYS in lesser positions)!

Then for other folks -- who I think have higher expectations and a higher reference point -- we see Gase as a "weak HC" because the product he produces on the field is (a) inconsistent and (b) seemingly routinely blown OUT in "statement games" and/or highly meaningful games. That's called choking when it matters!!!

In support of that position -- we see a team that is too often (a) unprepared from the start and (b) incapable of making critical adjustments to offset the oppositions tactics. Evidence of this is the consistent inability to get the O up and running early (only 2 games we've scored TD on opening drives) and see the Vikings pummeling Thill like a piñata time after time with ZERO adjustments!

Counterpoint: is there a possibility Gase can "somehow" transform into a solid N F L HC?

Of course -- but that kinda speculation is NOT BACKED by what he has demonstrated for 3 years.

Bottom line -- many of "us" no longer see Gase as legit HC material.

Sure, you can always do worse. But that kinda "thinking" is not for winners!

My opinion.

Of course.

BNF

So we need either the Titans or Colts to lose this week and us to beat the Jags to have hope going into week 17. I think we do our part and beat the Jags. Probably will be an ugly game but we will pull it out. The Titans and the Colts games are what I am a bit uncertain. Both teams are 9.5/10 point favorites. With the redskins being a skeleton crew, I don't see how they beat the Titans. I think we have to be real big Giants fans this weekend to beat the Colts. I don't see them beating the Colts at home but I think its more likely than the Redskins beating the Titans. This helps us anyway because I don't think the Titans beat the colts in week 17. Titans have never beat a Luck led Colts team. Don't think that changes in week 17.

A chargers win against the Ravens would be a bonus this week. Think the ravens actually have a good chance to beat the chargers coming off that big win in KC last week.

Week 17 (Under the assumption the Colts Lose to the Giants), would obviously need to beat the bills and ravens lose to the browns and colts beat the Titans.

Is all this possible? Yes. Not really likely but there is hope. I am still excited to see what we can do. All I can really ask.

Giants have no shot. Best chance is skins upset titans. Titans shoulda lost to jets. Titans usually play close games. Josh Johnson is a running qb. He might provide a spark.

Did anyone really think we would beat the Vikings? I was counting it as a loss. I was just hoping the cowboys beat the colts last week and the vikings game would not have hurt that much. Then I hoped the ravens lost to the chargers and titans beat colts. We blew our chance when we lost to the colts really. I don't understand why everybody is so surprised about the Vikings game. We had no chance in that game. We are not a talented team. I am surprised we have won 7 games. Without injuries we probably win 9 games. Because our injuries were mostly to starters that killed us. The d line is overpaid and they produce nothing! The oline has struggled with stunts all year. I knew Zimmer would kill us with that. The linebackers are young and really not physical enough. We get beat by physical teams especially on the road. At home the heat must wear them down.

I thought all year before the injuries we could win 9 or 10 game at most.. After all these injuries I can't believe we won 7 so far. Not just the injuries that hurt us. I was expecting a bigger impact from gesicki when I assumed 9 or 10 wins. Nothing from him. I was expecting mikah to play safety as well. I know they didn't have a choice because of lack of corners and injuries. But I was expecting mikah to make a huge difference in the middle of the field. That didn't happen. I was expecting Sutton to stabilize the line. Without him we had two guards that were weak instead of just Davis. Maybe they are lucky or play hard for Gase. I don't know. But I don't know how we still have a shot at 8 or 9 wins.

I think the team is poorly constructed especially on defense. I blame Gase and the front office for that. I think they play extremely hard and Gase knows how to get guys open. I give Gase credit for that.
And if you still have hope for the playoffs....that is awesome. The off season is long enough. Making the playoffs with this bunch would be an accomplishment. Some people dislike the coach and front office so bad that they don't want anything to do with the playoffs. That's fine. I am hoping for it still. Probably won't happen but I seen teams like the bills and chargers get in before with weird stuff happening. They didn't say no thank you. We don't deserve it. Or the team will get routed in the game. I also seen teams with no injuries to starters. I seen teams like the steelers who have feasted on weak schedules and playing bad qbs. last year teams that played the afc south easily could defeat the colts, Texans or packers who are in another division. We play them and they have all their qbs back. So deserve has nothing to do with getting in the playoffs. There is a lot of good fortune that goes into it.
Love everything you said there bro. To add to what you wrote about luck, we have not faced one backup QB all year. How many other teams can say that

So we need either the Titans or Colts to lose this week and us to beat the Jags to have hope going into week 17. I think we do our part and beat the Jags. Probably will be an ugly game but we will pull it out. The Titans and the Colts games are what I am a bit uncertain. Both teams are 9.5/10 point favorites. With the redskins being a skeleton crew, I don't see how they beat the Titans. I think we have to be real big Giants fans this weekend to beat the Colts. I don't see them beating the Colts at home but I think its more likely than the Redskins beating the Titans. This helps us anyway because I don't think the Titans beat the colts in week 17. Titans have never beat a Luck led Colts team. Don't think that changes in week 17.

A chargers win against the Ravens would be a bonus this week. Think the ravens actually have a good chance to beat the chargers coming off that big win in KC last week.

Week 17 (Under the assumption the Colts Lose to the Giants), would obviously need to beat the bills and ravens lose to the browns and colts beat the Titans.

Is all this possible? Yes. Not really likely but there is hope. I am still excited to see what we can do. All I can really ask.

Basically we want the Ravens, Colts and Titans to all end up 9-7. It doesn't matter how they get there. If we are all tied at 9-7, the Dolphins will get the 6th seed.

The other dream scenario is for NE to lose against the Bills and Jets and we win the division. :-)

WHO CARES IF WE SCRAPE INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!

If by some miracle we get there we will get destroyed and be the laughing stock of the league all over again.

WHO CARES IF WE SCRAPE INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!

If by some miracle we get there we will get destroyed and be the laughing stock of the league all over again.

haha i dont think you have to worry but if we did make the playoffs my first thought wouldn't be "oh **** we maybe the laughing stock of the league"

win 2, pats lose 2, we win our first game in the wildcard round to whoever, then get **** stomped on the road in the 2nd round/ still don't care, we made the playoffs and won a game. so screw the pats, tell them to lose two more games that should be winnable for them.

Back
Top Bottom