Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not

Is Grier a genius or a dumbass?

• Total voters
Why? We aren’t the experts. We don’t get paid to pick players. I o obviously don’t know how this draft will turn out but the last 2 we’re completely trash

Ok

In the middle for sure... warming up to him again. Need to see how he wraps up the off-season. I'm loving this draft so far! I'm sure he will find a udfa gem for us too!

I don’t mind people being neutral on him - although I don’t necessarily agree.

But to be a FAN of his is strange. He’s been mediocre overall all things considered and really horrible at a few things and great at a few things… and overall, we haven’t been even remotely successful in the 20 years he’s been here and oddly haven’t had better than a mediocre OL that entire time too.

Now I don’t pretend to know **** about the college players but everything I’m reading is none of these players are ready to start right away… ok not the end of the world, I get it I get it… good value spots…

But then a trade up, using next years 3rd for… a running back? I guess another steal but again not something we need, right?

I dunno, I’m just thinking that the last two years have been THE best we’ve been in the last 30 years and so typically when you’re in a window like we are in, we should be getting the best, most contribution ready players possible…. And we haven’t. Of course you must look to the future… but we are Super Bowl competitive ready NOW. Play for right now with these draft picks a bit.

Just my opinion.
Atila this is by far the best response of any on the board and you nailed it 100%.

Building for the future is great but when you’re in win now mode… you need players that are ready now… not players being put in the game bc they have to bc of injuries.

Theirs a difference in a guy on the field bc he earned it and a guy on the field bc he has to out of necessity. Sure these guys hopefully develop and in 2/3 years are starters and all pros but Tua needs help now. Our OL needs help now. Our defense needs help now.

Most of these picks just don’t make sense for a team that’s literally in win now mode.

I don’t mind people being neutral on him - although I don’t necessarily agree.

But to be a FAN of his is strange. He’s been mediocre overall all things considered and really horrible at a few things and great at a few things… and overall, we haven’t been even remotely successful in the 20 years he’s been here and oddly haven’t had better than a mediocre OL that entire time too.

Now I don’t pretend to know **** about the college players but everything I’m reading is none of these players are ready to start right away… ok not the end of the world, I get it I get it… good value spots…

But then a trade up, using next years 3rd for… a running back? I guess another steal but again not something we need, right?

I dunno, I’m just thinking that the last two years have been THE best we’ve been in the last 30 years and so typically when you’re in a window like we are in, we should be getting the best, most contribution ready players possible…. And we haven’t. Of course you must look to the future… but we are Super Bowl competitive ready NOW. Play for right now with these draft picks a bit.

Just my opinion.
Faie enough. I do not think the team currently has enough depth of talent to win a SB, but it is heading in the right direction. I see these developmental high ceiling picks as the faster way to contention vs drafting for readiness and having to accept a lower ceiling or attitude issues or significant injury risks or off the field character questions. There are always trade offs like that especially when picking at the back of the rounds as winning teams tend to do. The ideal end state is having enough elite talent and depth that we can trade them to lesser teams and get back premium picks to speed up our reloading. It is a process that takes time. Apologies to fans who have terminal conditions but for most fans the methodical building of a sustainable contender will be worth the wait.

Right, because the last 25 years we've doing doing things correctly... and we've won so much, and we've been playing in the playoffs and we've been close to the big game... oh wait
Actually this type of drafting for potential and character moreso than readiness, emphasizing the rarest most expensive positions and qualities, is a fairly new approach for this team and it seems to already be payiilng dividends. So i vote the Fins stay the course.

How can people say he’s even a good GM?

We haven’t won a playoff game in 25 years!!

Do yall think Baltimore/Philly/SF/KC/GB would stand for that for 25 years?

I know he hasn’t been the actual GM for 25 years but he’s been the GM long enough that we should have at least won 1 playoff game. He also been in the building whether GM or another title for how long?

If at your job you failed for 25 years would you still be employed? Again I get he hasn’t been the actual GM for 25 years but he’s been in the building.

People honestly wonder why GB/KC/Pittsburgh/Baltimore/SF are good almost every year and why we’re mediocre to above average all the time. It’s bc those other front offices are smart and attack their weaknesses.

Meanwhile we’re worried about trading away a future 3rd round pick for a running back the caliber of a guy we could have sit still and taken. Oh but he’s so fast says Mike… well Mike what has all that speed gotten us these last 2 years? First round playoff exits and our QB killed bc we can’t protect him.

Everyone in the league knows Miamis weakness is OL and what do we do? Completely ignore it. Again… people wonder why those other teams always stay good and we never get to that level. It’s not a mystery yall.

I've actually liked all of the picks since Chop, ironically.

Paul was more intriguing later but he was the best of the bunch who were left at a position of need and has great potential. I would not have traded a pick for a RB but I like the player so whatever. Got pretty solid value after the 1st round. Grier is very slowly but surely getting better at this whole draft thing.

Don't tell anybody. :out:

Why does everybody keep saying win now mode?I want to win now,later etc...
Tyreek leaving in a year or two isnt the end of the world.Dare I say we will
be a better more complete team.We are young everywhere

Back
Top Bottom