Pop the champagne!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pop the champagne!!!!

Unless this game magically becomes easier, that 72 record will remain intact for most of our life time...as it has been.

I'm just tired of hearing about it. Alot of us weren't even alive back in 72 to enjoy this.

If I could make a deal with the devil, I would absolutely be okay watching another team tie that perfect season record if it meant that I could watch this albatross of a team win a championship in my life time.

: WARNING. WARNING. Code Negative Nancy activated.:

We are the only ones that care anymore. You can't even bring it up in a debate anymore.

While it's a beautiful thing, it's just as sad.

Yeah and I can't blame any fan of this game for feeling like this. Would any of us give a crap if this record belonged to another team?

Hell, we have Dolfans who have a hard time acknowledging that Tom Brady and BB are the best QB/coach combo of all time...and they are both in the league right now!

No one cares that this happened over 40 years ago.

I love the fact that we and only the Fins hold this record.
I find it ironic that we won our first ever SB by achieving this great feat yet people don't care but now can't wait for us to win another.
I get the fact that for a fair portion of fans it was before their time but it is still part of the history of the Fins and still the only perfection.
Thus should be celebrated every season it lasts.

I was 10 in 72 and went to my first Fin game that year, we beat the Pat's 52-0.

The 17-0 was great but the Super Bowl was greater for me. It wasn't until later on did I appreciate the undefeated season and still wait every year for the last team to fall.

Do not care what others think - I as a long time fan love the record.

I was 10 in 72 and went to my first Fin game that year, we beat the Pat's 52-0.

The 17-0 was great but the Super Bowl was greater for me. It wasn't until later on did I appreciate the undefeated season and still wait every year for the last team to fall.

Do not care what others think - I as a long time fan love the record.
We have a similar history.....was 9 in 1972 and my father and I enjoyed every minute of that season. Definitely popping a cork on something tonight to celebrate another year!

Yeah and I can't blame any fan of this game for feeling like this. Would any of us give a crap if this record belonged to another team?

Hell, we have Dolfans who have a hard time acknowledging that Tom Brady and BB are the best QB/coach combo of all time...and they are both in the league right now!

Actually, nobody cares what you think!

It's cool that the franchise is the lone example of that distinction, and I have no problem with the nostalgia of it.

It really is just a "curiosity" with most ppl, though, and not particularly relevant to anything.

I agree most people don't care but what does it matter? It's still cool and deep down it bothers Patriots fans that they were so close and blew it and I know it bothers the players from the 07 squad because Tedy Bruschi said as much on the radio a couple of weeks ago. Honestly, once NE lost I knew we had it. I didn't feel good about the Niners or Patriots doing it this year but would hate it if it was the Patriots.

On another note I really hope nobody uses this is ammo in any debate. Someone said earlier it doesn't hold water anymore but I would hope Dolphins fans were smart enough not to even mention it at this point.

If people tell me I’m not allowed to be happy about this, they probably have serious control issues.

If they tell me I shouldn’t use it in a debate any more, I can understand their point...but they might want to step up their semantic game a little. ;)

Back
Top Bottom