Pop the champagne!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pop the champagne!!!!

If people tell me I’m not allowed to be happy about this, they probably have serious control issues.

If they tell me I shouldn’t use it in a debate any more, I can understand their point...but they might want to step up their semantic game a little. ;)

These are the same people who blame other fans for the “pointless wins.”

Yeah and I can't blame any fan of this game for feeling like this. Would any of us give a crap if this record belonged to another team?

Hell, we have Dolfans who have a hard time acknowledging that Tom Brady and BB are the best QB/coach combo of all time...and they are both in the league right now!

No one cares that this happened over 40 years ago.
For those of us that did experience that season do care, The snowflake stuff has got to stop, Next you all will want to burn the trophy.

For those of us that did experience that season do care, The snowflake stuff has got to stop, Next you all will want to burn the trophy.

Awesome. Continue living in the past and pretending like it means something to the rest of the world. LOL!

[Staff Edit: removed response to PA]

Last edited by a moderator:
This weird celebration is the saddest thing about being a Dolphins fan...

Saddest? Really?

Do you remember Cam Cameron coaching? Or Ray Lucas playing QB? Or about a million other things that are/were literally sadder than enjoying an undefeated season?

Saddest? Really?

Do you remember Cam Cameron coaching? Or Ray Lucas playing QB? Or about a million other things that are/were literally sadder than enjoying an undefeated season?

No, sad in that the only thing we can celebrate each season is the fact that 45 plus years ago this team went undefeated. That is why it is sad. Same with the constant mentions of Dan Marino, Don Shula or anything else from 25 plus years ago.

This team's glory is far in the past and the fact that this is what allows people to still hand on to being a fan is why it is sad.

No, sad in that the only thing we can celebrate each season is the fact that 45 plus years ago this team went undefeated. That is why it is sad. Same with the constant mentions of Dan Marino, Don Shula or anything else from 25 plus years ago.

This team's glory is far in the past and the fact that this is what allows people to still hand on to being a fan is why it is sad.
We could have won 10 Super Bowls since then and it would still be an honor to be the only undefeated team. Celebrating past accomplishments is part of being a sports fan for all teams. Even if we had been successful in the past 10 years I would still hold those memories close to heart as anything recent. I think you've got it wrong as to it being sad older fans hang on being a fan. If anything, it's sad the younger generation, who didn't experience the great days, still hang on to being a fan.

We could have won 10 Super Bowls since then and it would still be an honor to be the only undefeated team. Celebrating past accomplishments is part of being a sports fan for all teams. Even if we had been successful in the past 10 years I would still hold those memories close to heart as anything recent. I think you've got it wrong as to it being sad older fans hang on being a fan. If anything, it's sad the younger generation, who didn't experience the great days, still hang on to being a fan.

OK Boomer.

Awesome. Continue living in the past and pretending like it means something to the rest of the world. LOL!
We don't give a rats A$$ if it means anything to the rest of the world.
You can damn well bank on it, that if the Pats would have achieved the feat, you'd never stop hearing about it either.
Same with the 85 Bears and the 84 49ers

Back
Top Bottom