Positives from today’s game! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game!

exactly what I said but yo fitz you don’t hold your intentions pre to post snap at all. I figured that out a long time ago

Better arm strength makes that play also, I'm sure he thought he could beat the safety with that throw based on where he was and he almost did.

Better arm strength makes that play also, I'm sure he thought he could beat the safety with that throw based on where he was and he almost did.

well yeah a cannon probably does but I bet they don’t show him that far over pre snap vs a cannon. But guys get away with more with cannons when they eye bang sure

Good points. I see it as less of a reaction to one play and more of a culmination of events where he generally looked bad today (to be fair he hasn't looked amazing outside of a few plays to me in general). I guess a lot of that had to do with how poorly the offensive line played, but it seemed like they needed a spark and got one. I do kind of wish they did what you mentioned and put Tua in for that last play where the pick happened though. He probably does make that if he isn't being creamed.
Yeah I don't think the last sack did it. There were some sacks earlier that were really questionable.

well yeah a cannon probably does but I bet they don’t show him that far over pre snap vs a cannon. But guys get away with more with cannons when they eye bang sure

If he's not that far over, then yea bad call by Fitz on giving away your intentions and overestimating your arm strength.

If he's not that far over, then yea bad call by Fitz on giving away your intentions and overestimating your arm strength.

they figuring out dvp is the only real threat

If they haven’t already

oh well tomorrow’s a new day I’m gonna hope for better line play and that they start playing Calloway more.

they figuring out dvp is the only real threat

If they haven’t already

oh well tomorrow’s a new day I’m gonna hope for better line play and that they start playing Calloway more.
They had a safety on top of him for the majority of the game when he was on the boundary, Gailey has to do a better job of isolating Parker, the lack of big plays downfield is killing us, Under O'shea we were one of the best at producing splash plays.

I think that major setback is too strong right at this moment. How does the bounce back from this?
Yea It was probably over dramatic but being a full game behind Buf might mean we need some help in making the playoffs down the road.

^^^^^ True but this was a major setback in a tight playoff race.
Yeah. It was pretty devastating in that regard. Not only did we lose to an opponent that we shouldn't lose to if we wanted to be a playoff team, it's that everyone except the Patriots (basically in life support already) and Las Vegas (who we have on our schedule and who played as well as you could against the top team in the league while still losing) won, and in games they shouldn't have either. Oh, and the Ravens, but both them and the Titans had an equal record going in, so it didn't matter. Our last 4 games are an uphill battle and so our playoff chances took an absolutely terrible hit today...especially when our offense was so brutally exposed (defense wasn't great either, but we know we could have won that game with a moderate offensive effort.). That offense was just unwinnable bad...and its something that feels entirely possible could be repeated.

After today we have to confront that playoffs just aren't likely anymore. Possible, of course, but improbable. And it would have been immensely different had we won. That really sucks. Playoffs feel so special to me since I really became a true diehard in 2002, and that was the first of the choke being the rule, and 2008 and 2016 being exceptions that felt like a divine miracle.

Yea we can't really on the defense and st every game, Don't forget our pass rush was non existent our overachieving DE,s couldn't sniff the qb, It was only a matter of time before our scheme dependent pass rush got exposed and our lb just trash.
Our D only gave up 20 pts. That's nothing in today's NFL.

Back
Top Bottom