Potential Draft Day Steals | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Draft Day Steals

Two players I like are wr Anthony Schwartz out of Auburn and rb Gerrid Doakes out of Cinncinatti. Doakes might be a developmental big back option at 5'11 230. Schwartz reminds me of a better version of Kenny Stills.
Doaks is another guy I'd like late - say if we got a less "powerful" back like Etienne, then pair him with Doaks as a short yardage guy.
If Miami think RB value is later and go, say, Kylan Hill Miss st then definitely a guy like Doaks would be a nice pairing.

I don't know what to think of Jayson Oweh.

The athlete is phenomenal. Reportedly able to run in the 4.3 range at 250 pounds.

Then there's the lack of production. Can a good coach develop this kid? I'd want to know a lot more about him, such as his work ethic, etc.

I saw one game with Rhamondre Stevenson and he really caught my eye. I have wanted to look at him a little more.
How about Chris Rumph EDGE Duke? I'm also intrigued by him.
I haven't seen Duke, but I know a lot of people here like Rumph.

Stevenson is that physical back that Miami is missing and could be there in round three or four.

I don't know what to think of Jayson Oweh.

The athlete is phenomenal. Reportedly able to run in the 4.3 range at 250 pounds.

Then there's the lack of production. Can a good coach develop this kid? I'd want to know a lot more about him, such as his work ethic, etc.

I think he's been very productive if you get away from being trapped into thinking sacks are the only thing to count as production.

I haven't seen Duke, but I know a lot of people here like Rumph.

Stevenson is that physical back that Miami is missing and could be there in round three or four.
He's awfully small.

I've included him in a bunch of my mocks... but always late on day three. I'm not sure that he'll ever be more than a situational pass rusher. There is NO WAY that this guy is gonna set an edge, and there is no evidence that he could move inside.

If he could carve out a role on special teams and get 10-12 snaps on passing downs, I think he may have reached his limit.

Would he fit in a Van Noy type of role for Miami?

I wouldn't force that. Kyle Van Noy's experience allowed him to be used like a real linebacker. On pass rush downs he was half rush and half cover. Would you want Jayson Oweh doing that? Probably not.

But the Dolphins just acquired Benardrick McKinney. That takes the pressure off them to find a straight up Kyle Van Noy replacement.

They know they need some added pass rush. Jayson Oweh is explosive as hell, strong, can play the run, and his athleticism affords him lots of chances to get at the QB. You'd more think of him as a replacement for Shaq Barrett than for Kyle Van Noy.

I wouldn't force that. Kyle Van Noy's experience allowed him to be used like a real linebacker. On pass rush downs he was half rush and half cover. Would you want Jayson Oweh doing that? Probably not.

But the Dolphins just acquired Benardrick McKinney. That takes the pressure off them to find a straight up Kyle Van Noy replacement.

They know they need some added pass rush. Jayson Oweh is explosive as hell, strong, can play the run, and his athleticism affords him lots of chances to get at the QB. You'd more think of him as a replacement for Shaq Barrett than for Kyle Van Noy.
Does he make it to round two?

Imagine how good trask might be if he’s properly developed in the NFL..like with the Saints for example..I mean, be played part of the year two years ago and all year last year..looked pretty good..now before that he last played a lot as a high school freshman..he has a lot to learn and more game experience to get..but the ceiling for him because of untapped potential is very high..but he could easily be a bust of major proportions too because he’s like a statue back there!

boom or bust player to a major degree! 💯

Back
Top Bottom