Potential Trade Partners To Move Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Those are the three spots I see as well.

Atlanta dealing up one spot could happen if the Falcons are sold on Wilson or Fields. But they could be okay with Lance, or waiting a year or two.
I could see the Falcons IF there's a bidding war. That would be great, it would mean we could trade down again.

Although the Bengals don't trade up, maybe they're sold on Sewell? I haven't seen enough of Sewell against elite competition to determine wether or not they or anyone else is willing to trade up for him.

All I know is that outside of him or a QB I really don't see a player that warrants a move up to #3. It's really too bad there isn't a can't miss D prospect in the draft that warrants a trade into ( or selection in ) the top 5, at least in my humble opinion.

4) Atlanta if they really are hot for a QB, might be able to get them to move, would guess not.
5) Cincy should look to trade up to 5 for Sewell or even for Chase to go with Burrow, but history says that has not much, if any,
chance of happening
6) Philly looks like they are riding with the QB they have, so they have no real need to move, unless they love Sewell maybe.
7) Detroit probably does not trade up for a QB, but just maybe.
8) If Carolina trades for Watson, looks to me to be the front runner, and maybe only real player for him, there goes that spot.
If no Watson for them, then they are the best place to try to back up to
9) Denver maybe, best bet if Carolina gets Watson.
10) Dallas nope
11) NYG don't think they have any reason to move up that far
12) San Fran yes, but is it to far back for Miami ? don't really want to go back that far

I could see the Falcons IF there's a bidding war. That would be great, it would mean we could trade down again.

Although the Bengals don't trade up, maybe they're sold on Sewell? I haven't seen enough of Sewell against elite competition to determine wether or not they or anyone else is willing to trade up for him.

All I know is that outside of him or a QB I really don't see a player that warrants a move up to #3. It's really too bad there isn't a can't miss D prospect in the draft that warrants a trade into ( or selection in ) the top 5, at least in my humble opinion.
If Miami signs someone like Golladay, it takes the pressure off getting a wide receiver early. Not saying Miami still couldn't draft one, but it could set it up for Parsons with that first pick, or a slight trade down. I think he's the best defensive player available, but got to be okay with character checks and potential risk.

Cincinnati could gauge the cost of trading up, but I don't see that either.

As of now, Trevor for 1st, Zach Wilson for 2nd, and not much hype for Field.
it's not likely blockbuster deal for Field at 3rd, then I would deal with Carolina or Denver for 2nd round pick.

Cincy is down to Sewell and Chase. They are happy with either. They’re not trading a first next year. Not to mention, they never do it. Ask their fans. They almost never make moves during the draft.

I want Pitts but am afraid Philly might take him. But I would rather trade back, miss out on Pitts and have to “settle” for Chase/Waddle/Devonta. Would expect to get a 1st next year in the trade back.

The Bengals, Eagles and Lions will never throw an extra #1 pick into a trade to move up 2, 3 or 4 spots, especially Cincy who would not be moving up for a QB.
I like the idea of a Panthers, Broncos or Niners trade.
I agree that you can charge a mark up, if the other team is trading up for a QB, but I don't know if those 3 other teams would be stupid enough to pay an extra #1 when they could call Atlanta, Cincy to get ahead of Philly or Detroit to get ahead of Carolina. And the price would be cheaper.
We will have leverage if the Jets don't draft Wilson, But if they do Draft Wilson our leverage is almost zero.
I just don't see GM's begging for the chance to draft Fields or Lance. I mean Fields ran from the SEC because he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm. That would scare the hell out of a competent GM. Lance isn't ready for the NFL. That experiment isn't going to end well at all. He should have transferred to a Power 5 school and dominated there B4 trying the NFL on for size. I just don't see NFL GM's paying multiple # 1's and putting their jobs on the line for either one of those 2 players.

If Miami signs someone like Golladay, it takes the pressure off getting a wide receiver early. Not saying Miami still couldn't draft one, but it could set it up for Parsons with that first pick, or a slight trade down. I think he's the best defensive player available, but got to be okay with character checks and potential risk.

Cincinnati could gauge the cost of trading up, but I don't see that either.
Parsons is still my top defensive player for us. I do doubt however he's the first off the board as CB is a more premium position.

I can see the Bengals trading up, or Atlanta. Just don't expect a Bears/Trubitsky type of return.

Then again, trading back once more could net another premium pick making it all worthwhile.

Parsons is still my top defensive player for us. I do doubt however he's the first off the board as CB is a more premium position.

I can see the Bengals trading up, or Atlanta. Just don't expect a Bears/Trubitsky type of return.

Then again, trading back once more could net another premium pick making it all worthwhile.
Then it could really match your moniker!

I don't know the interest level in Lance. I've seen him mock top 10, but sounds like there is a considerable drop from top three quarterbacks.

I wonder if SF could be interested in Lance at 12?

Then it could really match your moniker!

I don't know the interest level in Lance. I've seen him mock top 10, but sounds like there is a considerable drop from top three quarterbacks.

I wonder if SF could be interested in Lance at 12?
Really we have about as much of a clue as any of the prominent mockers out there. I sure as hell hope we build a dynasty:woot:

The question I ask you is this, and it's the way I like to look at any proposition.

What does SF have to gain from drafting Lance at 12? Could it pan out? Absolutely.

However there are no guarantees. They lost to the Chiefs in an epic comeback 13 months ago and were among the favourites going into last season. They're likely in a position to grab a top CB which they just lost in Sherman. Would you roll the dice on a developmental QB or are you going to keep adding to what you have? I'm not convinced Lance hits Sanders either. I'd probably be more inclined to grab Jones in RD 2 if he's available.

Really we have about as much of a clue as any of the prominent mockers out there. I sure as hell hope we build a dynasty:woot:

The question I ask you is this, and it's the way I like to look at any proposition.

What does SF have to gain from drafting Lance at 12? Could it pan out? Absolutely.

However there are no guarantees. They lost to the Chiefs in an epic comeback 13 months ago and were among the favourites going into last season. They're likely in a position to grab a top CB which they just lost in Sherman. Would you roll the dice on a developmental QB or are you going to keep adding to what you have? I'm not convinced Lance hits Sanders either. I'd probably be more inclined to grab Jones in RD 2 if he's available.
I do think SF needs to move on from Jimmy G. Rumors have it that they are interested in Sam Darnold if the Jets decide to move on from him.

I think the 49ers are doing their due diligence, including quarterbacks in the draft, cost to trade up etc.

SF desperately needs corners as well.

If I’m trading back one of the requirements would be the teams second rounder this year. 1st rounder next year is obviously nice but I also need an extra second this year, especially if it’s a team drafting top 10. That early second rounder is prime spot for a running back or receiver.

I do think SF needs to move on from Jimmy G. Rumors have it that they are interested in Sam Darnold if the Jets decide to move on from him.

I think the 49ers are doing their due diligence, including quarterbacks in the draft, cost to trade up etc.

I think Darnold could be very good in San Fran. They always have a nice running attack to take the pressure off their QBs and Darnold would certainly have a lot more to work with there. You might see a Tannehill-like jump from him.

Maybe they move up, it's possible. I do believe however they're more likely to stay put and draft a CB. Then again, what do I know. I'm just a hick in Canada that loves the Dolphins for some reason. :hclap:

Been saying it for months. Atl 4, 35, 68. All this QB movement and talk is making them nervous...

While we really need to move down, i don't think the payout is going to be wildly interesting.

Teams can miss out on Sewell knowing there's a seam of Slater/Darrisaw/Vera-Tucker et al right behind. Tackle depth is massive. I would have Darrisaw level with Sewell personally.

How big is the gap, if at all, from Fields/Lance to Jones/Mills, maybe even Trask?

Rousseau? Paye? They don't look like cant-miss top picks to me. Barmore? Nobody is trading up to 3 to be guaranteed to get him. Parsons? Could be there's a risk prone GM who would do it but I can't see it. Surtain or Farley at 3? Personally I rate Horn higher, i can't see a trade up for them either.

So, it's going to be for Fields, Lance or Sewell (or one of the guys Miami prob wants in Pitts or Smith). Nobody is overpaying for those choices, imo.

The return will be modest and the Fo will have to weigh the return against the risk of missing out. I'd do it one way or another, but not expecting a bonanza.

Back
Top Bottom