Predict Our Record Now That We Have The Schedule | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Our Record Now That We Have The Schedule

How do we finish the season?

• Total voters
I voted 9-7. I'm banking on some amount of training camp/OTA's/pre-season games to get the rookies up to speed. I'm banking on RF to not melt down and for Tua to start at some point in the season. I think we will run much better. I think we will be much better against the run. I don't see a lot of sacks. I think we will feel LB'ing, slot receiver, and traditional in-line TE will be perceived as the big need areas to address in next years draft. Perhaps safety and even CB if X goes on IR again. Hoping we don't feel like we need to draft another three O-line guys.

Stud DE/Edge is top need but he has to be solid against the run. Heck I'd spend both my 1st on them if the right ones are there. It would be sweet if that turns out to be two Miami guys.

Went 9-7. I think there will ne some sloppy football across the league to start and the good coaches will get the wins early. I believe in Flores.

I picked 5-11 because I really think Fitzpatrick will be the starter all year and I think he is really nothing more than a decent backup QB. The young offensive line will take most of the season to develop into an average unit and the skill position players on offense are middle of the pack. The defense should be better than last year but of course the defense was terrible last year. I don’t see the defense being anywhere good enough to carry what will be a bottom tier offensive unit. So 5-11 or 6-10 is about the best I see for the Dolphins I. 2020.

Of course I have always felt this was a 3 year rebuild, so I am looking at this as another step in the rebuild. A year to let Tua fully recover from his hip surgery and a chance to have him ready to take over the QB position once the 2021 season arrIves If the young offensive line starts playing better as the season goes along and they add a pass rusher and better skill players in the 2021 draft, I can see a scenario where they are a playoff contender by 2021 or 2022 at the latest.

I should add that I picked 5-11 because that was listed as an option but of course that only adds up to 16 games. Since every team has a 17 game schedule now, I actually think they will end up going 6-11.

Last edited:
The three that voted worse than 5-11 need to go seek therapy. If they are that down on this team at this point, I recommend they become Chiefs fans.
It is not that I am down on the Dolphins. In fact I think they are doing a very good job of building the team around young players who can grow with the team over the next several seasons. I just think Tua will likely not play in 2020 as they give him the time to fully heal his hip. I also think it is going to take most if not all the season to get the offensive line to gel. I just don’t see this rebuild being a one year rebuild and I don’t see the Dolphins being a playoff contender in 2020.
I have been a Dolphin fan since 1966 , so I have no intention of rooting for any other team simply because I am willing to accept that this rebuild might take longer than some on here think it is going to take. As a fan I am willing to accept that it is going to take at least 3 years to rebuild this team. As long as they get it right this time, a couple of 5 or 6 win seasons along the way to several years of a future playoff team is okay with me.

I think 8-8 is reasonable. Providing there is a full season and no major injuries (two biggies!), I don't expect the new offensive line to really gel until about week 8 or 9, then the team starts to hit its stride. We're not a playoff contender by any stretch yet, but we'll see lots of glimmers along the way.

Here's to hope!

My guess would be 7-9 ...

The biggest challenge is all our new players on the roster ... and little time to get in synch

Up to 5 before the bye and up to 4 after the bye ... think we will be playing well post bye ...

I picked 5-11 because I really think Fitzpatrick will be the starter all year and I think he is really nothing more than a decent backup QB. The young offensive line will take most of the season to develop into an average unit and the skill position players on offense are middle of the pack. The defense should be better than last year but of course the defense was terrible last year. I don’t see the defense being anywhere good enough to carry what will be a bottom tier offensive unit. So 5-11 or 6-10 is about the best I see for the Dolphins I. 2020.

Of course I have always felt this was a 3 year rebuild, so I am looking at this as another step in the rebuild. A year to let Tua fully recover from his hip surgery and a chance to have him ready to take over the QB position once the 2021 season arrIves If the young offensive line starts playing better as the season goes along and they add a pass rusher and better skill players in the 2021 draft, I can see a scenario where they are a playoff contender by 2021 or 2022 at the latest.

I should add that I picked 5-11 because that was listed as an option but of course that only adds up to 16 games. Since every team has a 17 game schedule now, I actually think they will end up going 6-11.
No Bye Week?

I stand corrected. I thought the 17 game schedule started this coming season because they added the extra playoff team. I guess the extra game doesn’t start until the 2021 under the new CBA. So with only 16 games, I will go back to my original pick of 5-11 in 2020.

I am on record here believing we get 10 wins .....

I voted 8-8 because I think the play across the league will be affected early on due to the lack of training etc. (sloppy... penalties... turnovers)

My optimism is from seeing the difference in preparation, attitudes and discipline and the FACT that we sucked early on last season but as the season progressed ... SO DID THE FINS

we won over 50% of our last 9 games finishing with an upward trend ...

If Tua starts by week 8 I believe we will win a minimum of 5 games (opinion) ... not sure Fitz wins 5 on the first half of the schedule especially with back to back out west games ....but I believe he can win 3 minimum

I am still thinking (homerism ) 10-6 ... but realistically (paralysis by analysis lol) 8-8 is the "floor" (had to throw in the lol' "floor/ceiling" reference ... it's so in vogue)

I know we aren't the only team to improve in the off season ... but the Dolphins have the "surprise" factor working in their favor in that teams don't know what to expect from them ... slight advantage: Dolphins IMO

I see an improved team headed in the right direction with much more talent throughout the roster, but with the combination of being a very young team and a hard schedule I don't think the improvement will manifest in the win column. I see a 5-11 record, which is fine with me. Give me another high draft pick and four draft picks in the first two rounds in next year's draft combined with Tua already in the fold, and Miami should be ready to roll in 2021 and beyond.

My exact thinking.

This roster has a ton of young guys, they need seasoning. Not to mention the qb.

I predicted 9-7 when this thread started in May, I guess I'll be super optimistic and stick with it, but I can see a 1-3 start to our season.

Back
Top Bottom