Predicting The Dolphins 2018 Win Total | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Dolphins 2018 Win Total

8-8 is my guess. And I don't think that's a bad thing. The schedule is tough. As long as the phins are competitive and the young guys show signs of development, I'll be satisfied with the season.

I count 6 games I think the phins will/ should win and they will probably take a game or 2 off a superior team. I'm hoping the new focus on character and hard work will mean they don't drop any games they should win.

8-8 is my guess. And I don't think that's a bad thing. The schedule is tough. As long as the phins are competitive and the young guys show signs of development, I'll be satisfied with the season.

I count 6 games I think the phins will/ should win and they will probably take a game or 2 off a superior team. I'm hoping the new focus on character and hard work will mean they don't drop any games they should win.
Nice post brother!

It's funny...my predictions are identical to the OP's...with the exception of the very first game of the season.

EDIT: Strike this. I also have them beating the Pats in Miami. But I'm pretty sure I had them at 10-6. It's possible I'm bad at math.

EDIT 2: Never mind. I also have them losing the last game in Buffalo.

Last edited:
while i dont think we are a 3 win team, i think our fan base is highly overrating this team at 9-10 wins. i think the vegas line is 5.5. i'll go 6-10.

While I disagree with you, I want to just say I commend your post. It's one of the first I've seen from you that doesn't bash a certain QB.

So you don't believe that this team is better at this time than last years team?????

Why?

Landry,,,,, Amendola/Wilson can catch 100+ balls when being force feed, all without the foolish personal fouls penalties.

Pouncey,,,,, just having a center that can practice on a daily basis will be an upgrade for this O-Line.

Suh,,,, ok I get that, but its not like we had a Great run "D" w/him.

TE Julius Thomas,,,,, may have been the slowest TE I ever watched at any level, bring in Gesiki/Smythe. HUGE upgrade there.

Please tell me you don't think Cutler is better than Tanny, at least at this stage of their careers???? NOT

Not to mention the addition of Fitz, the return of Lippett and McMillan. Oh yea, don't underestimate the Sitton addition or the Quinn addition

Let us not forget what last years team went through = NO BYE (16 straight games) O-Line coach addiction(s), AWOL of top FA, NO home game till week 5, traveled half way around the world due to scheduling/Irma, Irma forcing the team to spend 10 straight days on west coast prior to season opener.

Miami will face 2 rookie QBs within the division 4 different times (can you say feast)!

If you really look into all variables involved with Miami's record last season, its a wonder they didn't end up with 3 wins last year. Seriously, these are all facts!!!!

Imo, I don't think 9 wins is overrating this teams expectations this year, certainly not 3 wins. Unless you follow the team, you may predict the same as Vegas (5.5 over/under win total). Even Vegas doesn't understand ALL the variables involved with last years schedule.

Smart $ takes the OVER 5.5 wins and laughs all the way to the bank!!!!!

Amendola is going to get injured thats his MO so we can't depend on him for an entire season. Albert Wilsons best season was 554 yards on 42 catches and 62 targets. There were 60 WR's in the last year NFL who had 550 or more yards.

Being able to practice doesn't make Kilgore better than Pouncey, playing better than Pouncey makes Kilgore better than Pouncey. This is probably a lateral move.

Not having a great run D is not solely on Suh also it could get a lot worse. None of our DT's are proven, they might step up to the plate or we could have the worst run defense in the NFL.

Agreed on Thomas he sucks.

Lippett like Tannehill hasn't played in a long time so we don't know how the injury will affect him or if he's someone we could depend on. Even without the injury 1 year of play is not enough to determine the quality of player he is. McMillan is unproven and we know nothing about him.

Cutler being our starter, having a coke addict on staff, bad free agent picks ups fall on Gase/Tannenbaum which are still employed by the Dolphins.

Preseason 4-0
Regular Season 0-16

I will loathe this team this year. All these 10+ win predictions are nuts. Your optimism is great, no offense intended here, not a personal attack, but please stop being delusional. This team is worse than last year; even with a healthy RT. Here’s my actual picks. No I don’t actually think they’ll end up 4-0 or 0-16....

Fins come out of the gate against a team taking the leap as one of the wild card teams in a loss to TN.

Fins go on to finish 1-3 the 1st qtr with a win over NY.

Pressure leads to intense focus and Fins come out the 2nd half of the year winning 2 of 4 for a total of 3 wins.

That focus, hope and motivation lead to 3 wins in the 3rd qtr of the season and are now at 6-6.

Schedule just too tough to keep this train rolling and finish the last 4 games with 2 wins and an overall 8-8 record.

Gase keeps his job but Tannenbaum gets $&!/ canned. Tannenbaum is the root of all evel doing in Miami. My optimism grows exponentially as Gase leads Miami to the playoffs in 2019.

It is virtually impossible to not take something personal when you use the phrase "stop being delusional." The problem is not other people taking it personally. The problem is you expressing your opinion as superior to that of others who can back up their opinions just as well.

They're opinions. Not facts. And you don't have a clue any more than anyone else does.

Here's an example: "Anyone who thinks a RT led team with the 2018 roster is worse than the 2017 Jay Cutler led team is mentally deficient."

But hey...don't take it as a personal attack.

People are underrating the Dolphins while overrating teams like the Titans, Raiders and Bengals. I am sticking with my 11-5 record prediction for the Dolphins. People hyping up the Titans and Raiders as two juggernauts are going to be looking quite foolish in weeks 1 and 3.

Blind optimism in my opinion. They're still the team to beat out there. Last time we won at their place? 2008. Last time we swept them? 2000.

They seem to get beat 4 or 5 times a year.

Usually we are one of the teams that beats them. What happened last year was more than a win, it was a total beat down. We did it with three of our key players out for the year. This was not a game the Pats backed off from, they just had their butt's handed to them.

The conference has gotten stronger while they remained the same, which was pretty strong. This is likely to be a year they don't win due to better conference play by their opponents and the fact that their internal organization had some major adjustments due to the loss of some key coaches.

No guarantees, but I see at least two of the conference teams beating them this season, and maybe more than once.

The rest of the NFL has also gotten much better. Lets see if the Patriots get 9 wins this season. They may not get that many. They won't collapse, but I see them getting beat more often and especially in our conference.

I can't put into words how ready I am for this season to start.

It is flawed logic believing that something won't happen because it hasn't happened in a long time. It is also flawed logic believing that someone will continue to defy the laws of nature when history has shown that most men who played the same position started to decline when they hit a certain age.

People are underrating the Dolphins while overrating teams like the Titans, Raiders and Bengals. I am sticking with my 11-5 record prediction for the Dolphins. People hyping up the Titans and Raiders as two juggernauts are going to be looking quite foolish in weeks 1 and 3.

I mean the Titans made the playoffs and won a playoff game even with a significant down year from Mariota who had 13 TD's and 15 INT's. If here returns to his rookie/sophmore form they could be a tough team. Strong OL with a good run game.

If Derek Carr returns to form which is exactly what we are hoping Tannehill does, I don't see why they can't be in contention for at least a WC spot.

Travis had a good take on the start of the season.....

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/the-fortuitous-miami-september-schedule/

Titans week 1: Jack Conklin may miss week 1 (ACL). That puts Dennis Kelly vs Cam Wake. Lewan is holding out for a new deal. Rookie head coach. Rishard Mathews is still their best WR.

I'll take the W here in the Miami sun.

Week 2: @ Jets....Brandon Shell vs Cam Wake (who?)....Kelvin Beachum vs Robert Quinn. Who the QB? Josh McCouch, Bridge(over troubled)water or Joshin Allen?

W here as well.

Week 3 Oakland:

Week three invites the Oakland Raiders to fly across the country for an early kickoff. Operating on a west coast body-clock, the wake-up call comes around 4:30 AM for teams traveling east for the 1:00 EST kickoffs.

That's 3-0 Phin fans. Slow starts are a think of the past. Tannehill is champing at the bit and will pick up where he left off pre-Calais Campbell.

Week 4 @ NE: L
@ Cincy W
Bears W
Lions W
@ Texans L
Jets W
@ Packers L
@ Colts W
Bills W
Patriots W
@ Vikings L
Jaguars W
Bills L

11-5

I mean the Titans made the playoffs and won a playoff game even with a significant down year from Mariota who had 13 TD's and 15 INT's. If here returns to his rookie/sophmore form they could be a tough team. Strong OL with a good run game.

If Derek Carr returns to form which is exactly what we are hoping Tannehill does, I don't see why they can't be in contention for at least a WC spot.

The 2017 Titans remind me of the 2016 Dolphins. They played a weak schedule while only beating one team with a winning record. Also the Titans had a negative 22 point differential on the year. Difference is the Titans had their starting QB for the end of the 2017 season and faced a weaker opponent known for choking in the playoffs in the 1st round. When they had to play in Foxboro they got crushed just as expected. The Titans are a flawed team. Mariota is overrated IMO. Still has a lot more to prove than even Tannehill. Their defense is good but not great. Their offense is one dimensional until proven otherwise.

Derek Carr played 15 games in 2017 and for the most part he was below average. His career stats are very similar to Tannehill's other than turnovers but Carr has had the benefit of a much better offensive line. Tannehill missed the 2016 season and the Dolphins went 6-10. Derek Carr played 15 games in 2017 and the Raiders still were only able to win 6 games. Adding a declining Jordy Nelson and a most likely to be suspended Martavis Bryant isn't going to move the needle much on that offense. Their defense still has more question marks than even the Dolphins defense. I expect that defense to still be in the bottom half in the NFL. John Gruden hasn't coached in a decade yet people are expecting him to turn a below average team into a serious playoff contender. I am not buying it.

Back
Top Bottom