Preston Williams | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Look, I’m rooting for him to be good, but he caught 4 balls today on 12 targets. That’s 33% no?

Yes that is 33%. Our rookie WR had a tough game just like any other rookie WR in NFL history. Randy Moss caught 31% of his passes week 15 vs Ravens, Andre Johnson caught 31% of his passes week 12 vs the Pats, Mike Evans caught 27% of his passed week 12 vs the Bears.

Rookies, vets, all pro, and HOF caliber players have bad games. Now if this continues into the season then it becomes a concern.

Williams will never become a top WR for us if he doesn't stop dropping like every other pass that hits him in the hands. He'll make one great play then follow that up with a drop when the ball hits him in the hands. It's maddening as hell.

Parker has a few drops this year, but to be fair a vast majority of the incompletes on Parker targets were not really due to poor play on his part. He's had a few really nice plays and still need to be better and more consistent but he's far from being one of the main issues on the roster. That being said I think this season is more of a 16 game audition tape for other teams to look at during the offseason.
Pff actually has a stat called catchable targets its a much better stat.

Yes that is 33%. Our rookie WR had a tough game just like any other rookie WR in NFL history. Randy Moss caught 31% of his passes week 15 vs Ravens, Andre Johnson caught 31% of his passes week 12 vs the Pats, Mike Evans caught 27% of his passed week 12 vs the Bears.

Rookies, vets, all pro, and HOF caliber players have bad games. Now if this continues into the season then it becomes a concern.

This season so far Preston Williams has caught 11 passes on 23 targets. That’s 47%. All I’m saying is if you are going to quote stats then you should at least try and be accurate. It is incorrect to say that he has caught 60% of his passes this season, that’s all I’m saying.

Look, I want him to be good too, but it’s okay to acknowledge the facts that he has had quite a few drops so far this season and to be concerned that if he continues to do that he will have a hard time being great.

It’s okay to be a fan and yet also not be afraid of acknowledging the facts or the truth which is that he has shown some promise, but he needs to clean up those drops.

Jerry Rice dropped a lot of passes in his rookie season and we know how that one turned out...

Jerry Rice dropped a lot of passes in his rookie season and we know how that one turned out...

We should start measuring Preston Williams for his yellow jacket immediately then!

He's a rookie undrafted free agent and through 2 games he is leading the team in receptions, yards, and TDs while being the only WR on the team catching north of 60% of. his passes. What is wrong with you people?? seriously??

Why is it some players get years to prove themselves and others are written out 2 games into their rookie seasons as a freaking UNDRAFTED free agent. Especially playing a position that normally takes 2-3 years to breakout.
THANK YOU!!
I swear some fans are out of their goddamn minds with expectations.

He will have 13 more games to work on consistently catching the football. Hopefully then an accurate evaluation can be made on his future with the team. As of now someone needs to tell him to wash the soap off his hands before the games.

This season so far Preston Williams has caught 11 passes on 23 targets. That’s 47%. All I’m saying is if you are going to quote stats then you should at least try and be accurate. It is incorrect to say that he has caught 60% of his passes this season, that’s all I’m saying.

Look, I want him to be good too, but it’s okay to acknowledge the facts that he has had quite a few drops so far this season and to be concerned that if he continues to do that he will have a hard time being great.

It’s okay to be a fan and yet also not be afraid of acknowledging the facts or the truth which is that he has shown some promise, but he needs to clean up those drops.

When I started typing my response saying he caught north of 60% of his passes the game was still going so I was basing on the 1st 2 games of the year.

It takes a certain amount of high IQ to realize his intentional drops are all part of the tank plan.
If this is true and your probably rite it makes you hate football , but maybe it has to be done , I just hope these guys know what there doing draft time , it’s not a fact that who ever they draft won’t be a bust

He is talented and is an undrafted rookie. Receivers take a year or two before they adjust completely to the NFL. Heck some people were still hoping Parker will come into his own after 5 years now (I forget how long its been)? Yet have already given up on a guy who is already playing better than Parker after 3 games.

He drops everything. Another all-pro practice player that sucks during games. He is this year's Legedu Naanee or Ernest Wilford.
He’s dropped balls but he has outstanding skills and has already done more than those two ever did. Three games in...yeesh. His talent is obvious.

Back
Top Bottom