Pretty sure McDaniel is our new head coach by this time tomorrow. That's all. | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pretty sure McDaniel is our new head coach by this time tomorrow. That's all.

Jags get Pederson. We don’t even interview him. Ross is a ****ing loser.
Do you know that the Dolphins asked Pederson to come in for an interview!? Maybe Dan told his buddy, Pederson, to stay away from this hot steaming pile of sheite called Ross.

I was all in on Pederson early. But how does Ross hire him after being accused of tanking?

I agree that if the two coaches were considered equal, an extra incentive of a high draft pick might influence the selection of one coach over the other.

Yet I wonder how many times that actually happens. I tend to think that most of the time the owner and GM go into the interviews already with a bias toward one of the coaches. It not like they have no knowledge of these coaches before they eventually hire them. Most of the new head coaches have a long history of coaching in the league and the owners and GM’s all talk to one another.

The Dolphins right now might be in the situation you are presenting here. Moore is a white assistant who has had success in Dallas and actually calls the plays. McDaniel is the more experienced assistant and while he is listed as the teams OC, the head coach actually calls the plays.

Yet McDaniel is considered a minority and that could be a factor in them possibly selecting McDaniel over Moore. As for me, I don’t care what their ethic classification might be. My preference between the two is McDaniel because of his years of experience over Moore and I believe Moore has the advantage of working with an offensive unit which is loaded with talent.
That would open Pandora's box and unleash the opportunity for reverse discrimination suits. How do you accurately quantify the more qualified between 2 coaches? You can't, some will work out, most don't. It's a literal roll of the dice, we should know that more than most. That would lead to a disaster from a PR standpoint for the NFL.

Kind of disappointing, as I was hoping they'd go on Rekieta or some other lawyer-run channel and get nailed to the wall.
Yeah exactly, the hosts didn't really go deep enough. They had opportunities to do so but backed off when the opportunity presented itself. Give em some credit, they were more inquisitive than every other pandering interview out there. They would have had their lunch handed to them if they were interviewed by a competent attorney, but they wouldn't risk killing their case before it even got started, these amateurs made them look bad enough...

That would open Pandora's box and unleash the opportunity for reverse discrimination suits. How do you accurately quantify the more qualified between 2 coaches? You can't, some will work out, most don't. It's a literal roll of the dice, we should know that more than most. That would lead to a disaster from a PR standpoint for the NFL.
I would point out that they have already started down that road. If the commissioners statement can be taken at face value, I'm not sure what other options there are.

Also, if you look at the history of affirmative action policies, very very few cases of reverse discrimination suits ever see the light of day. I know you are old enough to remember the "quota systems" enacted during the 70's.

I would point out that they have already started down that road. If the commissioners statement can be taken at face value, I'm not sure what other options there are.

Also, if you look at the history of affirmative action policies, very very few cases of reverse discrimination suits ever see the light of day. I know you are old enough to remember the "quota systems" enacted during the 70's.
Yeah I do remember them, old farts... :wnkr:

I’d question their decision making in hiring a white guy with zero coaching experience. At least Gannon from the Eagles has coaching and defensive coordinator experience. McCown has nothing. So it does kind of help Flores make his point that owners are willing to give less experienced (and zero experienced) white candidates head coaching positions while more experienced black and minority coaches get passed over for opportunities.

Like I said, I wouldn’t hire Flores because I’m three years he never got our offense right. Maybe things would have been different had he found a good OC, but he didn’t, and frankly that would be my concern if I owned a team. So I’d look elsewhere for a head coach, but I’d certainly pick him over McCown.
Flores had no experience as a HC when he was hired. Like you, I’m not sure how McCown qualifies as a HC candidate when he has no coaching experience at all but that doesn’t mean he is entitled to be interviewed for the position.

I will just be surprised if they end up hiring McCown or Flores in Houston.

It's Sunday now .... when do we think we'll make an offer? When do we think we'll get an answer? If it's not McGanial do we think Moore accepts? Any ideas on timetables at this point? I realize this is all 100% speculation and we have zero knowledge or control over it, but I'd still like to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom