Pro and Con list of Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro and Con list of Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa

After rewatching every snap of his from rookie year and last year. Wanted to put a list of his pros and cons from my own point of view. Everyone may have a different view, but thought to post them.

PROS
  • Top level pocket presence. Can move in and out of the pocket with finesse and usually is always feeling pressure before it gets there. Rarely gets sacked even though he has one of the worst lines in NFL history.
  • Very decisive when he makes a decision. Doesn't question himself and throws with confidence when he understands and knows the ask of the scheme and the defense he's going against.
  • Extremely instinctual and can read defenses presnap at a high level. Knows how to attack different leverages and coverages.
  • Sneaky athletic and can get cheap first downs with ease.
  • Very aggressive downfield passer, even though media doesn't believe it and his offense didn't allow it last season because of Flores, the offensive line and lack of weapons. Even his OC said they cant go deep because the o-line can't protect.
  • Accuracy is top level.

It's just crazy when people say Tua can't go deep or downfield. That was literally his game at Alabama mixed with intermediate and short passing.

He doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL but you don't need that if you have accuracy and anticipation at a high level.

All in all, he needs to hone his mechanics, footwork, and keep getting better with his presnap and postsnap reads. He needs to trust his ability and coaching, which the last 2 years was the worst possible environment to do that.
The analysis you provide is interesting, but I disagree that his accuracy is at the top level. This is false, and Tyreek Hill didn't make things easier for Tua by saying he was more accurate than Mahomes. In terms of accuracy, it's the trait that puts QBs in a class of their own by placing the ball on the numbers, or only where the receiver is. At the beginning of the training camp, Tua said the following:

"I sat down with the head coach and we went over about 150 clips of throws," he said. "Throws that need to be better, throws that were good, all sorts of throws. The reason as to why he showed me that is it transitions to the way he kind of schemes up the offense. Really, the biggest thing for us is YAC (yards after catch). We want to YAC the heck out of teams."

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-q...t-feel-more-pressure-after-offseason-upgrades

Tua even acknowledged that ball placement was an area of focus during his interview when he talked about ball placement by putting the ball in front of the receiver, so I am confused about why you would say his accuracy is top-notch.

As a Pacific Islander, making fun of his name even if it’s just a stupid ass joke isn’t funny and makes you look ignorant. Idiot.
Spk Engrish? - LOL
Whoops, didn't see the period - it should have occurred much earlier - LOL

I think having offensive coaches whose skillset is above a Pop Warner level will help Tua immensely.

I can't believe the co-offensive coordinator tactic didn't work!

It's like the old football saying, "if you have two quarterbacks, you have none". Same thing applies with offensive coordinators.

The analysis you provide is interesting, but I disagree that his accuracy is at the top level. This is false, and Tyreek Hill didn't make things easier for Tua by saying he was more accurate than Mahomes. In terms of accuracy, it's the trait that puts QBs in a class of their own by placing the ball on the numbers, or only where the receiver is. At the beginning of the training camp, Tua said the following:

"I sat down with the head coach and we went over about 150 clips of throws," he said. "Throws that need to be better, throws that were good, all sorts of throws. The reason as to why he showed me that is it transitions to the way he kind of schemes up the offense. Really, the biggest thing for us is YAC (yards after catch). We want to YAC the heck out of teams."

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-q...t-feel-more-pressure-after-offseason-upgrades

Tua even acknowledged that ball placement was an area of focus during his interview when he talked about ball placement by putting the ball in front of the receiver, so I am confused about why you would say his accuracy is top-notch.
Two seconds to throw - how did you factor that in?

The heck you even talking about? Everyone acknowledged his accuracy. The fact that you are saying otherwise is asinine. This dude is the best rpo player which requires accuracy and quick release. It's what he is best at. How the hell did you even attempt to flip this...

I can't believe the co-offensive coordinator tactic didn't work!

It's like the old football saying, "if you have two quarterbacks, you have none". Same thing applies with offensive coordinators.
I felt it could have worked if there had been any consistency in the:

1) Game Plan
2) Play Calling
3) A coordinated offensive line
4) A HC who wasn't "undermining", or whatever it was he was doing with the players and the limited # of coaches we had.

I have no idea as to the degree of "negative player development" that had occurred with our offense over the last two years, except that it was getting worse - not better.

Dude, you’re going to hell.
Let me see, the Marine Corps, a lot of ineffective Presidents, Senators, members of Congress (the opposite of progress), the failure of my favorite Head Coach to succeed in the NFL and "Lemmings" - and you "threaten" me with hell?

See, the way it would work would be if hell was a worse situation, then any or all of my stated experiences.
So, your threat about hell is pretty "lame" from my point of view. - LOL

The heck you even talking about? Everyone acknowledged his accuracy. The fact that you are saying otherwise is asinine. This dude is the best rpo player which requires accuracy and quick release. It's what he is best at. How the hell did you even attempt to flip this...
You can watch the press conference again. His accuracy needs to be improved if the focus is on after the catch. He needs better ball placement consistently if he wants to succeed! A better placement increases the percentage of yards after the catch. There's a big difference between having 3rd and 5 and having 3rd 3 if your ball placement is off. It's not asinine when Tua even admits it.

Two seconds to throw - how did you factor that in?
I know the offensive line struggles, but what is one of Tua's strengths? He has a quick release, so I'm not sure what your point was. Do you not realize how we build our offense? The offense is designed around Tua's strengths, which means the ball is coming out quick, he is not standing in the pocket holding onto the ball, they brought in Hill for a reason, which brings us back to the root problem of the ball placement. Tua needs to improve in this area.

Back
Top Bottom