Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones

I dont think Jones is a great RB, however he is better than anyone we currently have at RB. I still think we need to draft a RB and take a chance at being great.

I would rather draft a running back in the first rounder (which I think is dumb) rather than pay a 26yr old running back a big second contract.

If Grier signs this dude there is no hope for this team long term unless he knocks this draft out of the park.

Aaron Jones would give us a lot of draft flexibility. If we can get him on a good structured deal that doesn’t have a lot of gurantees on back end of the deal I’m all for it. He’s dynamic. If we sign Jones and let’s say Ty Hilton then draft Sewell and a WR in round 2 like a Terrace Marshall or Rashod Bateman we could have a pretty potent offense

I wasn’t trying to be insulting. I was only messing with you guys.
I know. I understand why you would want Green Bay to keep Jones. He is a big part of their team and they are close to being a Super Bowl contender. I just don't want Miami to spend money on a free agent running back. I don't think it's a wise allocation of their money.

It's a double edged sword for me ...

I believe a quality RB like Jones would help Tua Immensely by way of consistent proven talent ... experience, leadership at the RB position would give a comfort zone IMO
A FA RB like Jones would allow the tam to focus on another area of need (especially if we need multiple players at the same or a supportive position (WR ... LB/Edge ... OL/TE)

BUT
having a rookie RB AND a rookie WR (or 2) may make things a tad touch and go for the offense to click ... especially early on ...

I like our chances of snagging Javonte Williams to team with Gaskins AND snag a veteran WR in FA ... like Robinson...

On another (but related) note ... IF we draft offensive play maker @3 then I would be leaning heavy towards drafting offense @ 18 ... I would like to see what FA Robinson and Parsons @3 and trade up for Pitts ... no trade up? then best offensive weapon available @18 ... In that scenario I wonder if Javonte Williams would be available for us in the 2nd...

FA Robinson (veteran WR to help Tua and newer WR's)
Parsons ( add a strong piece to a strong unit)
Pitts (or the best WR available @18) ... (building an attacking offense)
Williams (strengthening our run game with a rookie contract)

Color me in the crowd that isn’t overly impressed by Aaron Jones.

I’d rather draft a rookie and have that player on a 4-5 year rookie deal. Probably get an equal if not better player that way too.

I’ll be much more excited to have Najee, Javonte, Etienne, or Carter than Aaron Jones. And they’ll be cheaper.
I want a back with some size. We already have a bunch of undersized guys. Give me a guy with size and power.

With two first round picks and two running backs possibly three in this draft that are considered stud running backs I think it would be dumb to spend $12 million a year on a veteran. I do not like this move and hope that they don’t do it. I would rather allocate that money towards a receiver such as Godwin or fuller and draft Etienne or Najee with that 18 pick

Back
Top Bottom