Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones

If he's willing to play for $8M per..Anything beyond that is too rich.

Jones will be expensive. As Pro Football Focus suggested, a deal for Jones could require a salary somewhere around $12 million per year. That is extremely high for a running back, with only seven players at or above that mark according to OverTheCap.com - Christian McCaffrey ($16 million), Ezekiel Elliott ($15 million), Alvin Kamara ($15 million), David Johnson ($13 million), Dalvin Cook ($12.6 million), Derrick Henry ($12.5 million), and Joe Mixon ($12 million). After those seven, the next highest salaried running back is Kenyan Drake at $8.5 million.

Not a chance the FIns pay Jones what he wants. Not when drafting a RB is cheaper. Their free agent focus will be on a LB, Edge rusher and WR.

I am not a draft expert, and if something comes up in later rounds and works out for a team then great. But I am disappointed at this forum for not even giving Gaskin the benefit of the doubt. I really hope he is the starter next season so he can shut some people's mouths.
Gaskin is fine, but he isn't a 300+ carry per guy. Anyway, if you like him, why do you want to see him take that kind of beating.

TBH, I think he will be the starter early in the year, with a rookie getting worked in, as Flo gains confidence in his pass pro ability.

Nobody's getting big snaps, if they can't block.

Gaskin is fine, but he isn't a 300+ carry per guy. Anyway, if you like him, why do you want to see him take that kind of beating.

TBH, I think he will be the starter early in the year, with a rookie getting worked in, as Flo gains confidence in his pass pro ability.

Nobody's getting big snaps, if they can't block.
We dont need anyone to carry the ball that much. We need him to be multifunctional catching and running.

I think Bell got much less with the Chiefs. I don't think Miami would have been offer anywhere near the $40 million that it's rumored Jones will cost.
The report was that Bell took much less than what we offered for the chance at a championship. But we definitely offered big money.

We dont need anyone to carry the ball that much. We need him to be multifunctional catching and running.
Lol..... You're the one banging the table for Gaskin to be the lead back.

I think he is best used in a platoon system. Give both him, and the rookie some series', with Gaskin being the 3rd down back initially, and go with the hot hand during games.

Lol..... You're the one banging the table for Gaskin to be the lead back.

I think he is best used in a platoon system. Give both him, and the rookie some series', with Gaskin being the 3rd down back initially, and go with the hot hand during games.

Training Camp is there, I am not necessarily saying he is the next coming of Walter Payton but I hate when people in here start throwing his name as if he was trash of a player. He can be useful for this team, and at this moment we don't really know how anyone fits in the offense. He's not your every down back, but he can at least be a playmaker.

Training Camp is there, I am not necessarily saying he is the next coming of Walter Payton but I hate when people in here start throwing his name as if he was trash of a player. He can be useful for this team, and at this moment we don't really know how anyone fits in the offense. He's not your every down back, but he can at least be a playmaker.
MEH, some ppl don't know what they are talking about. Some ppl think Brieda was a good back, simply because he had rare speed. Nevermind the fact that we picked him up for a song, as an afterthought. Guy had no vision, no power, and was a piss poor blocker.

MEH, some ppl don't know what they are talking about. Some ppl think Brieda was a good back, simply because he had rare speed. Nevermind the fact that we picked him up for a song, as an afterthought. Guy had no vision, no power, and was a piss poor blocker.
Who is Breida? That is what I thought lol. It was also Flores too.

"This is a very explosive, young running back. Good vision. Can create a lot of big plays. He's also tough. He's also smart. He's also has a lot of the qualities that we look for in our players," Flores said.

That 5th round draft pick could have been someone we needed.

Who is Breida? That is what I thought lol. It was also Flores too.

"This is a very explosive, young running back. Good vision. Can create a lot of big plays. He's also tough. He's also smart. He's also has a lot of the qualities that we look for in our players," Flores said.

That 5th round draft pick could have been someone we needed.
I doubt it. I have no complaints with giving it a shot. The miss with Howard was a bigger deal to me.

Back
Top Bottom