PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick......

I like the show. I never get the chance to watch it because I’m usually at the gym when it’s on. That being said, they are entitled to feel how they feel. As with anything that happens when there’s a report on sports, it really makes no difference what is said in reality.

Why do you disagree?

Interested to hear your opinion on the opposite side to this cententious topic.

Good word, but I think you spell it with an "S" (I had to look it up lol). Because in high school, quite often there is a huge disparity in talent between 2 teams, in all sports....take for instance the sport I am involved with coaching, fast pitch softball. There are a few teams, that if I don't have my players "step off" ( meaning leave the base they are at before pitcher releases ball ), it would never end. I mean, we are still scoring 20+ runs in 3 innings ( its a win if a team is leading by more than 15 runs before the end of the third inning )...and we would still do that at the end of each inning...I mean not once did they ever "earn" the 3 outs. Same in all the area high school sports. When it becomes so lopsided, you have to remember that these are still kids, it's still sports, and it's still suppose to be fun. Beating a team 40-0 in softball is not fun for either team. And I am no " everyone gets a trophy" kind a guy, but you can still show mercy and still be respectful while doing it.

Stupid IMO. Never want to give your competiors a edge.

I don't know why Denver is so upset. They couldn't have faced a better team trying to run up the score than Miami. In typical Dolphin fashion, they are even inept when it comes to trying to embarrass their opponent. They recover an onside kick and promptly go three and out :laugh plus they failed to score another point on offense.

Wilbon despite himself is more often than not transparent in his biases and his antagonism ramps up accordingly. I would wager that if the HC was Marvin Lewis he'd be extolling his competitiveness and quoting Herm's "you play to win the game.". I lost all respect for him when I noticed how judgmental he was in his selective condemnations and am still waiting for him to condemn his good buddy Barkleys Scottsdale drunk driving stop being on his way to commit adultery with a tranny telling the cop that "she" gives the best BJs!

Long way of saying I can give a flying **** what he thinks about Gase and in a way, his opinion validates him.

I like the show.

It's a great show on a tremendous network. Naturally lots of simplistic angry males are now scared of ESPN and think they have to condemn it any time the topic shows up, so fellow simplistic angry males can pat them on the back.

It's a great show on a tremendous network. Naturally lots of simplistic angry males are now scared of ESPN and think they have to condemn it any time the topic shows up, so fellow simplistic angry males can pat them on the back.
Is that your professional opinion doc? Perhaps you can prescribe me some meds for my anger issues?

Two loud idiots proclaiming their opinions as facts. Yep, there's some Emmy worthy television right there. Maybe your just have shitty taste in TV? No, must be the simplistic angry males! Lol

I thought the os kick was bush league but if Gase needed to do that due to a personal vendetta against Elway or the Horses I'm behind him. Truthfully, i can't wait dor the day we have a winning record and put 40 plus on teams.

1) Miami was only up 24 pts, with 10:21 left in the 4th quarter. That's only 3 scores, which can be quickly erased.

In 1987, Bucs were ahead by 25 points in the 4th qtr against the Cardinals. The Cardinals scored 28 points in 10:41, to win a huge 4th qtr comeback..

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-11-09/sports/sp-14469_1_deficit

2) Onside kicks are most likely to succeed when they're not expected.

When Miami did the 4th qtr onside kick, the game was still in play. The onside kick was simply the dagger in the heart, to finish off the opponent, to win the game.

why aren't they worried more about the Pats and Cowboys like usual?

I thought it was a terrible decision but not in the name of sportsmanship but because when you are already up big against a team that is struggling and had given up at that point why on earth would you risk giving that team great field position?

Practice for the Patriots? You just showed it to them then!

If he did it to show Elway who’s boss then Gase’s ego is out of control and he is even less cut out to be a head coach than I had already feared.

Back
Top Bottom