PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PTI on ESPN bashing Gase for onside kick......

Trey and Mike had the exact opposite viewpoint. If Gase wins nobody will care, if Gase lose badly, it will follow him.

Winning cures all

But if the Dolphinsite lose out and get shutout. Gas seat gets warm

Last edited:
Of all the things to bash about the Fins or the NFL in general they pick an onside kick in a meaningless game. LoL.

Glad I dont watch these ESPN talking head shows.

For so long our fans were upset when we would jump out to a lead only to let the other team catch up because we went to conservative. Frankly, I loved it. Its refreshing to knock an opponent down and then step on their throat. And I'll be honest, when I read we did an onsides kick and recovered it, you're damn right I cheered. I wanted a 40 burger on the board.

More of a flavor of the week type of topic than anything that will actually "come back to bite" Gase....

Kind of a silly take, as if there is some sort of judiciary system implied or otherwise that hands out punishment for giving home fans a beat-down they rarely get to see.

Give me a break, and let's move on to the Patriots.

If this had been done to us.....we would be pissed. I don't condone it being done to the Broncos....I wouldn't have done it.

However, if this was done to help motivate his team, excite the fans, show our dominance for once this year in a game as well as build confidence in his players.....great! I'll get over the bush league nature of it if that was the motivation. On the flip side, if this is some petty feud with Elway or VJ, then no, he shouldn't have done it. He embarrassed them enough without having to do this.

We shall see if this comes back to haunt us.

There are two sides. One one side, I agree, it was unnecessary, PARTICULARY as a trick play. OTOH, this is a classic BB decision - 'not my job to slow down.'' I don't think going for it bothered me as much as the trick play at 33-9.

Being an old school guy it's hard to see any value in that onside kick. I think the younger generation may not see it as a big deal and maybe the opposing players don't either.

My son loves the touchdown celebrations and I'm warming up to them. But, admittedly even that is a little hard coming from a culture/time period where that was considered bad sportsmanship.

I would have done it to get practice in for a Patriots team coming in that we essentially have to beat by any means necessary and you can't duplicate game play in practice.

I think it's pretty much the opposite of this TBH. I didn't dislike the onside kick because I thought it was rude or classless. I disliked it because it was meaningless and now that we've done it other teams will be looking out for it. We recovered that because Denver wasn't expecting it... so why break it out at that point in a game when we could have used it in another game that was close, or we needed every break possible to get an edge(pats). It just didn't make any sense.

I think it's pretty much the opposite of this TBH. I didn't dislike the onside kick because I thought it was rude or classless. I disliked it because it was meaningless and now that we've done it other teams will be looking out for it. We recovered that because Denver wasn't expecting it... so why break it out at that point in a game when we could have used it in another game that was close, or we needed every break possible to get an edge(pats). It just didn't make any sense.
I can agree with that notion though... but will we really NEED it at any point this season? At least Gase got his revenge I guess. No wins mean anything at this point

Back
Top Bottom