QB at 18? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB at 18?

If Tua is available at 18 do we take him? To fall that far must mean bad health news.
If Herbert available does that mean bad reports from scouts?
Is it too high for Love, Eason, Hurts, Fromm?
I have the big ten network and have seen Michigan’s QB and not impressed. Nor MSU QB.
IF IF this were to happen I am ok with another lineman, DL or OL, or a QB if staff likes someone.
Ive actually seen some mock drafts that have Tua falling to 18, where we grab him.

If Tua dont pass physical why waste draft pick...if he got beat up on college level. What you think is going happen on pro level...injury is my biggest problems w Tua.. who know he might be all right.it chance somebody will take in first rd.

In regards to the "red flags" if he's there at 18, what if the prognosis is........Too early to tell, or MAY heal sucessfully?

I was one of the few that was completely against a tank for Tua. Didn't want him at #1 or #2 before his injury because if we had either of those picks, I wanted a sure thing impact player (I know nobody is a sure thing, but I just didn't see Tua as #1 overall). At this point now, if Tua falls to #5, I would take him, assuming the medical checks out. His value is better there. I don't want to trade up and if he falls to 18, there will be good reason, and I say no thanks.

Tua won't be there. He won't make it to 5 if we sit.

Doubt Herbert makes it there either. Think the Chargers take him at 6 unless they're the team to move up for Tua (hope not). At 18 you're looking at MAYBE Jordan Love as well as Eason (yuck) and Fromm (meh).

Fromm and Hurts should be there, maybe Love. Tua will go top 10 based on reports of his rehab so far. If there's a setback that could change.

I think Herbert could go top 10 ad well.

If Tua is available at 18 do we take him? To fall that far must mean bad health news.
If Herbert available does that mean bad reports from scouts?
Is it too high for Love, Eason, Hurts, Fromm?
I have the big ten network and have seen Michigan’s QB and not impressed. Nor MSU QB.
IF IF this were to happen I am ok with another lineman, DL or OL, or a QB if staff likes someone.

LOL

While we’re at it, should I buy this Bentley that’s on sale for 2,000?

LOL

While we’re at it, should I buy this Bentley that’s on sale for 2,000?

It's more like should you buy a Bently for $2,000 at an auction nobody else is biding on it at that price? Should you be scared and figure they know something is wrong with it and it will never run. And I say it's like going to the auction planning on paying $8,000 for the car and then also giving someone an additional $2000 under the table to make sure it's yours. Then you get to the auction and findout you can keep you $8000 and just get the car for the $2000 under the table money.

Last edited:
I can see the Chargers leapfrogging the Dolphins if Tua (clean medical) and Herbert get to 4th overall - going from 6 to 4 wouldn’t cost too much and guaranteed the QB choice.

Maybe the Chargers love Tua more than Herbert.

I can see the Chargers leapfrogging the Dolphins if Tua (clean medical) and Herbert get to 4th overall - going from 6 to 4 wouldn’t cost too much and guaranteed the QB choice.

Maybe the Chargers love Tua more than Herbert.
It's hard to say, but if Rivers is out, they are going to want a guy that can definitely play next year, as opposed to Tua, who most likely sits initially.

It's hard to say, but if Rivers is out, they are going to want a guy that can definitely play next year, as opposed to Tua, who most likely sits initially.

I know everybody here has said they wouldn't be interested, but a team like the Chargers would be a good landing point for Cam Newton. Newton would make the Chargers a playoff contender day one, while it might take a few years for a rookie to reach that point.

Just like 2018 and 2019 this qb class are over hype.. I give jackson, murry,allen and Mayfield credit but rest are just qb.. espn is joke during this time ur hyping up draft...m

Finding 'The Guy' is almost pure luck. KC Chiefs liked Mahomes but that they had no idea he was gonna be what he is now. No one did. Finding a special talent is almost impossible and takes a ridiculous amount of luck.
KC's only chance in the Super Bowl is for Mahomes to again be 'Jedi on a good day'. If he pulls that off, he will be the f'n 'Highlander' of the NFL.

Whatever you think you know about the Dolphins finding a QB in this year's draft, you don't know.

Back
Top Bottom