QB at 18? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB at 18?

Tua at 18, a trade up using 18 and the 20 whatever pick, sure. Not sure who we could get at 5. Odds are it will be a tackle or some other spot we dumped for this “draft capital” we have.

if teams were smart and stopped over drafting garbage qbs, I’d totally expect Tua to fall to 18. Healthy, him and burrow are better than last years entire class. The fact a bum like Rosen went as high as he did was ridiculous.

lol, it is amazing how Rosen went so high. Tons of QBs go way too high. It is a crap shoot.

lol, it is amazing how Rosen went so high. Tons of QBs go way too high. It is a crap shoot.

No it’s not. Chiefs moved up and got a stud. Eagles too. Same teams always hit and the crappy ones always miss.

"A failure of epic proportions" ????

You do realize that some think next years rookie QB crop is already better than this years, correct?

The Dolphins are not desperate. They already have a QB that Gailey can roll with in 2020, if the rookie they are targeting is not in this draft.

Kick the can down the road as far as QB goes? If I didn’t know anything else about you, I’d know you were a Dolphins fan from that philosophy alone. It’s the definition of the last 2 decades of Miami football.

Last edited:
Kick the can down the road as far as QB goes? If I didn’t know anything else about yo, I’d know you were a Dolphins fan from that philosophy alone. It’s the definition of the last 2 decades of Miami football.
It's like people here think franchise QB's come cheap...you can't get a Franchise QB,by putting him on lay a way..come on people!!

Because taking the safe route has worked out well for us in the past

there is a smart route which is what we seem to always avoid
I get the intrigue regarding Tua and the Brees analogy but we seem to have the coaching...or at least we did to build something finally and the resources to do so
I don't want to watch a 100year old QB and wait a year or so for a guy we hope recovers but also seems to have an injury history
Building around a Daniel Jones (from what I have seen) type QB is my preference

Kick the can down the road as far as QB goes? If I didn’t know anything else about yo, I’d know you were a Dolphins fan from that philosophy alone. It’s the definition of the last 2 decades of Miami football.
I don't know about kicking it down the road, we've been launching the can into another time zone.

It's like people here think franchise QB's come cheap...you can't get a Franchise QB,by putting him on lay a way..come on people!!

And even worse, wanting to rely on Fitzpatrick? His history points to him crashing back down to earth next season, and we want to rely on him? Football fans have the memory of a fruit fly sometimes.

Finding 'The Guy' is almost pure luck. KC Chiefs liked Mahomes but that they had no idea he was gonna be what he is now. No one did. Finding a special talent is almost impossible and takes a ridiculous amount of luck.
KC's only chance in the Super Bowl is for Mahomes to again be 'Jedi on a good day'. If he pulls that off, he will be the f'n 'Highlander' of the NFL.

Whatever you think you know about the Dolphins finding a QB in this year's draft, you don't know.
In all fairness Andy Reid runs a phenomenal offensive system and qbs always excel. I’m not saying Mahomes wouldn’t be great with another team but Reid takes him to another level imo

I look at this way. Everyone we pick in the first round usually sucks anyhow and if we do get lucky we unload them 2 years in if they are really talented.

You simply need to ask yourself which of the teams picking before 18 would've picked a healthy Tua. The fact he's still there for you to pick is the aggregated opinion of all those teams and how they view the risk associated with him.

Ideally the Fins want the least amount of risk possible while still maintaining a price that is not astronomical. If there were no risk, Tua might simply not be available to the Fins at any price. If he makes it to 18, he might just be to much of a coinflip to even draft...
Yeah. Either Tua is a top 5 pick or he isn't even draftable because of his health. There really is no in-between.

Yeah. Either Tua is a top 5 pick or he isn't even draftable because of his health. There really is no in-between.
I think at that point, an already established team could take a flier later on, but yeah, not a team trying to solve the position IMo...

I agree 100%. He couldn’t stay healthy in college which is slower and less physical than the NFL. That’s why I wouldn’t trade up for him. I would take him at 5 though and let him sit for a year.

With that said, I also draft Gordon in the 3rd and then another QB in 2021 if the “football gods” bless us with Trevor or Fields. Then I draft a QB every year until we get the second coming of Marino. Hell, if I had Ross’ money, I would fund cloning research to have Marino cloned
U drafting too much qb..you ain't going have time to develop maybe one or good backup..flores need qb that can help him win so he can keep his job after yr 3 or 4.. remember u still got win to keep ur job in nfl..we all know Fitzpatrick is just stop cap but next qb that start after him will tell u alot about dolphins futures.. so is Tua worst waiting on???

Tua won’t be there at 18 and if he is healthy he won’t be there at 5 either. I think one of the teams needing a QB will trade up and draft Tua and I don’t think that team will be the Dolphins. I think the Raiders are most likely the team that will trade their two first round picks and a second round pick to the Lions and Tua will end up playing for the Raiders.

The Dolphins will likely draft Herbert or Love in the first round and they will use their other 2 first round picks to start building their OL and DL.

Back
Top Bottom