QB at 18? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB at 18?

Just like those same teams knew about Lamar Jackson. Be honest with yourself, teams know nothing, and fans know less.
That’s not true, the Ravens knew enough to draft Jackson and the Chiefs were smart enough to trade up and draft Mahomes. So obviously there are a few teams that do know what they are doing.

I look at this way. Everyone we pick in the first round usually sucks anyhow and if we do get lucky we unload them 2 years in if they are really talented.
Yeah pretty much this...when was the last time we drafted a true impact player in the first round. By my estimation you need to go back two decades to when JJ was running the show. Meanwhile we've drafted one first round QB in the last 37 years FFS.

(Edit): Actually, I take that back...you have to go back to Marino to find a true impact first rounder. Taylor and Zach were both later rounds. LOL

Last edited:
Tua won’t be there at 18 and if he is healthy he won’t be there at 5 either. I think one of the teams needing a QB will trade up and draft Tua and I don’t think that team will be the Dolphins. I think the Raiders are most likely the team that will trade their two first round picks and a second round pick to the Lions and Tua will end up playing for the Raiders.

The Dolphins will likely draft Herbert or Love in the first round and they will use their other 2 first round picks to start building their OL and DL.
I wouldn't be opposed to that scenario at all.

I think 5 is a bit high for Herbert, but if that's their guy, he won't last much past that.

So many people are so certain about Tua's value. Nobody has the remotest idea where Tua will go right now. I'm pretty sure the low first round is in the cards, or even the top of the 2nd.

No it’s not. Chiefs moved up and got a stud. Eagles too. Same teams always hit and the crappy ones always miss.

Chiefs got lucky. Try looking back in the draft history at QBs. It is a crap shoot. Ask Washington

In all fairness Andy Reid runs a phenomenal offensive system and qbs always excel. I’m not saying Mahomes wouldn’t be great with another team but Reid takes him to another level imo

This 100%! McNabb looked like a hall of fame QB under Reid.

So many people are so certain about Tua's value. Nobody has the remotest idea where Tua will go right now. I'm pretty sure the low first round is in the cards, or even the top of the 2nd.

I'm with you. I think he'll be available in the 6th or even 7th round.

:munch:

It's like people here think franchise QB's come cheap...you can't get a Franchise QB,by putting him on lay a way..come on people!!
It isnt the high cost of excellence that bothers some of us, Instead... it is the high cost of mediocrity.

Yeah if this is true let me find a trash can to puke in.. Guy is a Jameis Winston at the next level and has Major Accuracy issues. If its just a meeting I guess thats fine but to me 3rd project to me.

If the fins are smart they need to take a look at James Morgan, That guy is alot better then he is being mocked at and if I had to pick a non 1st round QB to see success in the NFL it would absolutely be him.. Bad team but they ran an NFL style offense, He has accuracy and yes a great arm.. I could see him moving up draft boards if scouts are worth a damn.

I know everybody here has said they wouldn't be interested, but a team like the Chargers would be a good landing point for Cam Newton. Newton would make the Chargers a playoff contender day one, while it might take a few years for a rookie to reach that point.
There are several teams that are a QB away from the playoffs. There are also several QBs available. Newton, Brady for sure. Is Rivers? Others?

If we go QB at 18 because Tua is not healthy, and we decided not to take any of the other QBs at 5, then depending who is still there, I would go...

1. Herbert
2. Fromm
3. Love
4. Eason
5. Hurts
Thanks. This is the type of opinion I enjoy discussing. I do not think Tua nor Herbert will be there at 18. IF we do not have a QB yet I like Love but am open to anyone. Gordon from WSU?

I am not as high on Tua either. That opinion is not liked on this board. Even if health is “ok” I worry about his next injury. I am ok with Herbert at 5 but the other QBs I do not want above 18 and maybe even 26

Back
Top Bottom