QB at 18? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB at 18?

Tua won’t be there at 18 and if he is healthy he won’t be there at 5 either. I think one of the teams needing a QB will trade up and draft Tua and I don’t think that team will be the Dolphins. I think the Raiders are most likely the team that will trade their two first round picks and a second round pick to the Lions and Tua will end up playing for the Raiders.

The Dolphins will likely draft Herbert or Love in the first round and they will use their other 2 first round picks to start building their OL and DL.

I can't see Detroit or NY trading that far down. Detroit will miss out on a stud like Okudah. They would get a smaller return from Miami but still be in position to draft a stud. Gruden tend to prefer older QBs. See what happens. Best thing for Miami is for Love and Herbert to continue to have days like yesterday in Senior Bowl, combine and personal workouts.

I think only Burrow, Herbert, and maybe a fully healthy Tua are worthy of being picked in the first round. I really have no interest in any other QB in the draft beyond these three QB’s because I just don’t see any other QB in the draft who can come in and be the long term starter for the Dolphins except one of these three QB’s.
I think once you get past Burrow, Herbert, and Tua, this is a below average QB class, IMO.

I can't see Detroit or NY trading that far down. Detroit will miss out on a stud like Okudah. They would get a smaller return from Miami but still be in position to draft a stud. Gruden tend to prefer older QBs. See what happens. Best thing for Miami is for Love and Herbert to continue to have days like yesterday in Senior Bowl, combine and personal workouts.
I just don’t see the Dolphins trading up to draft Tua. They can stay at 5 and draft Herbert and still keep all their draft picks and that is what I think they will do. I have zero interest in Love and to me Tua is just too injury prone to risk giving up additional draft picks to move up and draft. In fact if he and Herbert are both on the board at 5, I think Herbert is probably the better pick simply because I don’t trust Tua being able to stay healthy in the NFL.

I think the hype about the Dolphins wanting Tua is nothing more than their way of hiding their true intentions in the draft. He may have been their selection prior to the hip injury but I think now they are
probably more interested in Herbert and they are just hoping no team trades up and takes Herbert before they select at 5.

If we leave this draft without one of those top 4 QBs, this draft will have been a failure of epic proportions. It almost assuredly has to be a QB at 5, and likely higher than that after a trade up.

Not if Rosen was the plan all along … too many unknown variables for a blanket statement like "failure of epic proportions" IMO … We really don't know the plan for Rosen or his real progress since the Washington game ... We could continue the building counting on Rosen knowing if that doesn't work out we have resources next draft for a QB ...

Brady could go to the Chargers … Chargers move up and draft Tua … Panthers panic and trade up with Dolphins for the leftover next best QB … Dolphins get more draft capital, roll with Rosen and be a player in next years draft ..
Stranger things have happened

Not if Rosen was the plan all along … too many unknown variables for a blanket statement like "failure of epic proportions" IMO … We really don't know the plan for Rosen or his real progress since the Washington game ... We could continue the building counting on Rosen knowing if that doesn't work out we have resources next draft for a QB ...
I thought Rosen might be in their long term plans until they fired O’Shea and hired Gailey. This will make the 4th OC Rosen has had in three years in the NFL and Fitzpatrick has already played under Gailey with the Bills and Jets. So it is very likely the long time career backup will once again be the Dolphins QB next year while leading the Dolphins to another 4-6 win season.

Personally I would rather see Rosen or a QB the Dolphins draft starting next year. I see no reason to waste another year giving snaps to Fitzpatrick. He is not the future at QB for the Dolphins and they need to start playing their younger QB’s at the start of next season. Fitzpatrick has proved over all his years in the league that he can win a few games during the season but he has also proved that he can not be the starter over a long period of time. I have zero interest in seeing him start for the the Dolphins next season.

‘Unfortunately Gailey does not have a good track record of developing young QB‘s and his preference is to play the older more experienced QB on the roster. Hopefully Fitzpatrick will decide to retire and Gailey will be forced to play Rosen or the QB the Dolphins select in the draft.

If Rosen is the plan, this GM and coaching staff is a failure of epic proportions.

If Rosen is the plan, this GM and coaching staff is a failure of epic proportions.
Im not saying he is, but why that conclusion? I can see a scenario where they think he can be the guy, but that putting him out there in the situation we had last year would be detrimental to his long term development. With the FO's rebuild philosophy, I would not put it past them to take a mulligan on his year in AZ and sit him for a year as if he was a rookie. Isn't he as young as some of the QBs coming out this year?

It would not be surprising to me for us to draft BPA, try to build around Rosen in 2020 (with Fitz as Plan B) and, if Rose does not develop as desired, target a QB in '21. I know that would be unpopular with a large segment of Finheaven, but I think it's a possibility.

Unfortunately Gailey does not have a good track record of developing young QB‘s and his preference is to play the older more experienced QB on the roster. Hopefully Fitzpatrick will decide to retire and Gailey will be forced to play Rosen or the QB the Dolphins select in the draft.

One would hope this conversation has been discussed in the interview lol … Fitz and company spent most of this last season working with Rosen … It may be Rosen is the plan and Fitz is the back up ... if it doesn't work out we still used the draft and FA to get better as a team and we have resources next draft for another QB ...

c'mon man … don't leave us hangin' … tell us why it would be a failure of EPIC proportions lmao

How can you have watched him in Arizona and his short stint as the starter here and walk away feeling confident about moving forward with him as the plan? He was putrid. I bet you were one of those fans advocating to give John Beck just one more season as well, weren’t you?

Im not saying he is, but why that conclusion? I can see a scenario where they think he can be the guy, but that putting him out there in the situation we had last year would be detrimental to his long term development. With the FO's rebuild philosophy, I would not put it past them to take a mulligan on his year in AZ and sit him for a year as if he was a rookie. Isn't he as young as some of the QBs coming out this year?

It would not be surprising to me for us to draft BPA, try to build around Rosen in 2020 (with Fitz as Plan B) and, if Rose does not develop as desired, target a QB in '21. I know that would be unpopular with a large segment of Finheaven, but I think it's a possibility.

I would be very surprised if that’s the case. And I worry about anyone who would advocate bypassing our best chance to draft a true franchise QB since Marino in order to see if maybe this QB who has shown very little will somehow show up at training camp a completely different player than he has shown up until now.

I would be very surprised if that’s the case. And I worry about anyone who would advocate bypassing our best chance to draft a true franchise QB since Marino in order to see if maybe this QB who has shown very little will somehow show up at training camp a completely different player than he has shown up until now.
Im not a Rosen fan myself but I think Burrow is gone and I would not trust Tua's durability. If the team has that concern, do they see Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason, whoever as a definite upgrade over Rosen...granted Im going a little hypothetical here but I can see the scenario where we don't go QB in round 1.

The medical will be the same for everyone on Tua so it’s who can afford to roll the dice or who has the patience to stash a number one pick for the season after. It’s a win now league and many will coach up a Love now over a chance you are picking a chip for your successor. Tua is not in any position to call the shots at this moment. If he has a personal showcase that blows the roof off and the team medical green lights him, he does have a chance at being the first pick, but that’s a case of everything going his way. And if he has any set back he could totally fall off the draft board. If rehab looks good and everything is on schedule, a fifth pick is a good slot for him.

Yeah if this is true let me find a trash can to puke in.. Guy is a Jameis Winston at the next level and has Major Accuracy issues. If its just a meeting I guess thats fine but to me 3rd project to me.

People complain about the Tua cultists on this board but the Love cultists are even worse. Tua at least has a resume. This guy has zilch! But... but... but.... dat upside!

Back
Top Bottom