QB at 18? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB at 18?

If Tua is available at 18 do we take him? To fall that far must mean bad health news.
If Herbert available does that mean bad reports from scouts?
Is it too high for Love, Eason, Hurts, Fromm?
I have the big ten network and have seen Michigan’s QB and not impressed. Nor MSU QB.
IF IF this were to happen I am ok with another lineman, DL or OL, or a QB if staff likes someone.

If we go QB at 18 because Tua is not healthy, and we decided not to take any of the other QBs at 5, then depending who is still there, I would go...

1. Herbert
2. Fromm
3. Love
4. Eason
5. Hurts

If we go QB at 18 because Tua is not healthy, and we decided not to take any of the other QBs at 5, then depending who is still there, I would go...

1. Herbert
2. Fromm
3. Love
4. Eason
5. Hurts

There will not be a top QB prospect at 18. Tua, Herbert and Love will all likely be off the board by then. If we leave this draft without one of those top 4 QBs, this draft will have been a failure of epic proportions. It almost assuredly has to be a QB at 5, and likely higher than that after a trade up.

There will not be a top QB prospect at 18. Tua, Herbert and Love will all likely be off the board by then. If we leave this draft without one of those top 4 QBs, this draft will have been a failure of epic proportions. It almost assuredly has to be a QB at 5, and likely higher than that after a trade up.

Though I believe Tua is a much better QB then Herbert (As well as all the others) if healthy, I believe of those three, the only one Guaranteed that will not be there at 18 if Miami does not take Tua at 5 is Herbert.

If Miami does not take Tua at 5, it will be only because Tua's health will still be very uncertain, so him reaching 18 or beyond will be somewhat possible.

When someone throws as many INTs as Love this year compared to the TDs he threw, reaching 18 or beyond might be a much better possibilty then not.

As far as I'm concerned , even if a team decided to gamble, and take Love early, If
Fromm is still there, even better as far as i'm concerned.

man, you're lucky hate speech laws aren't enacted...

"A failure of epic proportions" ????

You do realize that some think next years rookie QB crop is already better than this years, correct?

The Dolphins are not desperate. They already have a QB that Gailey can roll with in 2020, if the rookie they are targeting is not in this draft.

If Tua is available at 18 do we take him? To fall that far must mean bad health news.
If Herbert available does that mean bad reports from scouts?
Is it too high for Love, Eason, Hurts, Fromm?
I have the big ten network and have seen Michigan’s QB and not impressed. Nor MSU QB.
IF IF this were to happen I am ok with another lineman, DL or OL, or a QB if staff likes someone.

Too early to tell....

Tua at 5, He wont be there at 18. At 18 we take the BPA at CB, DE, OT, G or S. If Tua isnt there at 5, I would take Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round.

If the plan is to draft Herbert I could see him possibly slide but to me I see solid but not greatness from Herbert and we all know good is not good enough around here.

If Tua is good to go we take him at 5 (or 3, or whatever it turns out to be).

If Tua drops to 18 it's because there are significant medical concerns. Herbert will be gone by 18, especially if Tua hasn't.

So if we're at 18 without a QB taken the options could be Tua with serious concerns, Love (although he may be gone, again especially if Tua doesn't and Herbert goes early) or then we're looking at Eason, Hurts and Fromm, who all have questions at at least two of them should be available later, maybe even in the second round.

That's not a great position to be in to get a franchise QB and value with the #18 pick.

No you take Tua at 5. If needed, he can sit a year behind Fitzpatrick. Hopefully he works out, he possibly won’t. But we can’t afford to not take a chance

Geez a 38 year old losing QB for a full year and one with a major injury recovery coming...sorry, not my preference

OP, just stop!

Tua will 100% be gone before 18. “I’m not in the Tua cult and still realize this”

Fromm...WTF are you thinking! This bum is in no way a 1st round pick. Seriously, do you watch football.

I would take Tua at 5. No way would I trade up. If Tua is gone before 5, I’m trading down.

Tua at 18, a trade up using 18 and the 20 whatever pick, sure. Not sure who we could get at 5. Odds are it will be a tackle or some other spot we dumped for this “draft capital” we have.

if teams were smart and stopped over drafting garbage qbs, I’d totally expect Tua to fall to 18. Healthy, him and burrow are better than last years entire class. The fact a bum like Rosen went as high as he did was ridiculous.

If Tua dont pass physical why waste draft pick...if he got beat up on college level. What you think is going happen on pro level...injury is my biggest problems w Tua.. who know he might be all right.it chance somebody will take in first rd.

I agree 100%. He couldn’t stay healthy in college which is slower and less physical than the NFL. That’s why I wouldn’t trade up for him. I would take him at 5 though and let him sit for a year.

With that said, I also draft Gordon in the 3rd and then another QB in 2021 if the “football gods” bless us with Trevor or Fields. Then I draft a QB every year until we get the second coming of Marino. Hell, if I had Ross’ money, I would fund cloning research to have Marino cloned

Back
Top Bottom