Qb Pick Now, Or Qb Pick Next Draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Pick Now, Or Qb Pick Next Draft?

If he doesnt get hurt, he will be a Luck type prospect. That's about all you can hope for when you draft a QB.

You do not know that. He has not played out his last season. You do not know what will happen.
Right now, based on his last year, Tua is not as good as Luck was coming out.

It's all about having options and being able to pick whoever we want. As far as the tank. There's no way we're going to lose games on purpose but with no real QB starting this year and getting rid of most of the vets we're going to lose games next year.

Personally I can't really see us having much better options than this year as piss poor as they may be for the top guy. Though there will probably be a couple more quality QB's available 2020, but don't see us being bad enough to be in a much better position as now.

Ya losing so called Vets that really didn't come through either and with the addition of possibly some damn good Defensive players (draft) our solid RB, WR, X, & Fitz, and maybe upgraded OL and a QB that most likely won't be much more of a down grade that RT ( remember Cutler) and last but not definitely least, hopefully a REAL coaching staff who actually knows what to do, should put us even playing poorly in the mid round or out of reach as now. Think if we want one of those top shelf QB we are going to have to give up a significant amount and IMO think Murray the guy and get it over now and start a year early.... JMO

You do not know that. He has not played out his last season. You do not know what will happen.
Right now, based on his last year, Tua is not as good as Luck was coming out.

Umm he puts up another year like he just did, I certainly know he will be in the realm of Luck when he came out. We are talking about a guy in his first year that put up video games stats in the SEC. He had 43 TDs and 6 picks with a 11.2 average per attempt. Luck never sniffed those numbers in the PAC 12. I am not saying Tua is better than him based on stats but that puts it into perspective with what we are dealing with.

Umm he puts up another year like he just did, I certainly know he will be in the realm of Luck when he came out. We are talking about a guy in his first year that put up video games stats in the SEC. He had 43 TDs and 6 picks with a 11.2 average per attempt. Luck never sniffed those numbers in the PAC 12. I am not saying Tua is better than him based on stats but that puts it into perspective with what we are dealing with.

"If" Tua puts up another year like he did this year, he will not be better than Luck was, or better than Haskins. We know that, at the draft time, and that's what it's about.

"If" Tua puts up another year like he did this year, he will not be better than Luck was, or better than Haskins. We know that, at the draft time, and that's what it's about.

Gotcha. So you would take haskins/lock/grier now over Tua in a year?

I agree with another poster... if Rosen is available for a 3rd and he has the potential to build around ...do it

We NEED the right signal caller for sure but we have many needs and getting a cheap starter as a (at least) stop gap could buy some time and you still can draft a developmental guy

Speculation and opinion aside...am I missing something?

Gotcha. So you would take haskins/lock/grier now over Tua in a year?

I do not want to suck for Tua for three reasons. First, we must win now, go for SB every year. there is $180 million payroll on the line, wide receivers playing for their livelihood.
Second, we do not need Tua, we need an elite quarterback and it does not need to be Tua.
Third, Tua is not a generational prospect, one in a decade, because there have been better quaterbacks to come out, quite a few. So he is not this guy that no one can do without.

I do not want to suck for Tua for three reasons. First, we must win now, go for SB every year. there is $180 million payroll on the line, wide receivers playing for their livelihood.
Second, we do not need Tua, we need an elite quarterback and it does not need to be Tua.
Third, Tua is not a generational prospect, one in a decade, because there have been better quaterbacks to come out, quite a few. So he is not this guy that no one can do without.

Exactly what I thought was coming. Good luck with finding your elite QB in this draft outside of Murray. Lets draft any QB so we can say we tried instead of using the draft capital to make this team better once we actually do have a talented QB.

I will say the one thing that worries me about Tua is his WRs are absolutely stacked, I bet 2-3 of his WRs end up being first round picks. Jerry Jeudy consistently gets wide open deep for easy big plays for Tua. With that being said I still the Tua is a great QB and he does make some special throws, but you have to at least acknowledge the fact the talent around him is much better than the other top QB prospects.

I'm taken Largo over all of yah.

I couldn't beat him so I joined him. :lol:

Oh I love dees guy.

:munch:

Yes, because it has nothing to do with what we think. It's performance based, and available to everyone.

We disagree. NFL hx is full of players who's performance based data showed a top player (any position) who lived up to performance based data. No, "we" don't "KNOW." We see a high likelihood of success.

Back
Top Bottom