QBR Data Charts: Tannehill in "Bell Curve" group along w/ Palmer/Dalton | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QBR Data Charts: Tannehill in "Bell Curve" group along w/ Palmer/Dalton

He still had 10 Y/A passing and 107 yards rushing at 7.6 Y/A, accounting for 280 yards total in the game against the Giants. And the other game was against the Raiders. You don't exactly need the greatest team on the planet to beat the Raiders...

Wilson has 4 games of 10+ Y/A this season, guess how many Ryan Tannehill had?

Wilson has 10 games of 10+ Y/A in his career. Tannehill has one. Dalton has 7 total and even he had 3 this season.

not sure if that's a knock on Wilson or not...:lol:

He still had 10 Y/A passing and 107 yards rushing at 7.6 Y/A, accounting for 280 yards total in the game against the Giants. And the other game was against the Raiders. You don't exactly need the greatest team on the planet to beat the Raiders...

Speaking of that, Wilson has 4 games of 10+ Y/A this season, guess how many Ryan Tannehill had?

Wilson has 10 games of 10+ Y/A in his career. Tannehill has one. Dalton has 7 total and even he had 3 this season.

10+ YPA is much easier when:

1. You get more than 2 seconds to throw
2. You get good YAC from your receivers
3. The defense is focused on stopping the run

All three statements are true and Wilson gets the benefit of all three. Look it up.

Interesting that for 2013 his similarity is Andrew Luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes his stats are closer to Lucks this year than Dalton's which is a great sign. Your original source was comparing careers. This site has last 2 years and the last year. Career and last 2 years are very similar to Dalton but this past year is more like Luck. I hope he turn out more like Luck.

I would say he has more potential than Dalton and this year he did surge ahead in statistical categories. His improvement curve from year to year seems to be higher than Dalton's. In the end I think he is going to be a better QB than Dalton. Next year will be the big test to see if he can sustain his improvement curve or he levels off like Dalton has.

Hopefully next year those comparisons to Dalton are gone and it is replaced with one of the upper tier QB's in the league.

Holy crap, went to the bar for a few beers after work and 5 more pages appear. This thread has a life of its own.

Sorry if I got under your skin too hoops. We just aren't on the same page. You see things your way and I see them a different way and we probably will never agree what is most important in a football game.

I sure hope you right about Tannehill.

I don't see 2014 in that data, only 2012 and 2013. So in his rookie year he was most similar to 2012 Dalton and in 2013 he was most similar to 2013 Luck. I'd be interested to see who they have for 2014

I don't see 2014 in that data, only 2012 and 2013. So in his rookie year he was most similar to 2012 Dalton and in 2013 he was most similar to 2013 Luck. I'd be interested to see who they have for 2014

Didn't notice that. I'll have to look again. Maybe they will update it soon after season ends.

Junc, I cannot quote your post from my phone..
As much as I agree with many of your posts and you seem to understand football more than the stat column.
But, the same excuses you get on the tannehill fluffer a for U make for Sanchez.. There are only around half the teams in te league with capable starting qb right now, and mark can't get a starting job. He is not a starting caliber qb. Sure he had a nice 2 year run and made a handful of okays on a good team, not to mention some teams tanking for him to et in the playoffs and sd kicker lol.. But, he simply isn't any good.
I know you usually don't bring him up. I know it's posters that come back at you for your evaluation on tannehill with shots at sancheZ.. But he simply is not a good qb. He isn't te worst in the league, but he isn't a legitimate starter either

the difference is Mark has helped team get to and win in the playoffs and I never called Mark great. I think he is a decent QB a team can win with w/ the right pieces around him and I think Ryan can be that too but he hasn't been so far and FA hasn't begun, you are speculating he can't get a starting job. He will be a starter unless he loves Chip Kelly and Philly so much he wants to stay.

10+ YPA is much easier when:

1. You get more than 2 seconds to throw
2. You get good YAC from your receivers
3. The defense is focused on stopping the run

All three statements are true and Wilson gets the benefit of all three. Look it up.

1. he gets more than 2 secs to throw b/c he buys time w/ his legs.
2. gets good YAC b/c he is accurate and makes good decisions
3. Not Wilson's fault Miami is stupid enough to trust Ryan Tannehill to throw 30+ times a game and not rely on a very capable run game.

and you forgot #4:

can actually throw an accurate deep ball to lesser receivers than Ryan has in Miami.

AGAIN. 2013 week 17. Ryan was HORRIBLE, threw 3 INTs yet team only down 20-7 late- just 2 scores. where was his Russell Wilson performance?

The facts are it was a rainy, ugly day dominated by BOTH defenses. Both QBs made plays late but Wilson made more and when he had a chance to end it he did and didn't give Rodgers another shot.

This is why you 4-5 guys get nowhere with anyone. your arguments are absurd. The guy gives you facts about multiple gameS, and you come back with "well this one game RT played like garbage too".
Next, should we point out that game where Tannehill only threw for 55% completions? I'll start it for you.....

Remember those couple games that he was like 22 for 38?? I mean what kind of legit QB misses on 16 passes in ONE game??? He is mediocre and we are going nowhere with him.

This is why you 4-5 guys get nowhere with anyone. your arguments are absurd. The guy gives you facts about multiple gameS, and you come back with "well this one game RT played like garbage too".
Next, should we point out that game where Tannehill only threw for 55% completions? I'll start it for you.....

Remember those couple games that he was like 22 for 38?? I mean what kind of legit QB misses on 16 passes in ONE game??? He is mediocre and we are going nowhere with him.

it was more about the game the other day and many times I have seen "if this happened to Ryan we'd have lost by 30". Simply correct that incorrect point w/ a real life example. There may be others but that was the biggest game of Ryan's career and it jumped out at me.

Not a single person has said Wilson doesn't have a better team or isn't in a better situation but that doesn't mean Ryan is in a bad one.

it was more about the game the other day and many times I have seen "if this happened to Ryan we'd have lost by 30". Simply correct that incorrect point w/ a real life example. There may be others but that was the biggest game of Ryan's career and it jumped out at me.

Not a single person has said Wilson doesn't have a better team or isn't in a better situation but that doesn't mean Ryan is in a bad one.

Well certainly, he's obviously in a fantastic situation. NFL record sacks and hits in the last 2 seasons is as ideal as it gets.

Well certainly, he's obviously in a fantastic situation. NFL record sacks and hits in the last 2 seasons is as ideal as it gets.

what NFL records in sacks do they have? not all sacks and hits are on OL, Wilson gets sacked at higher rate than Tannehill and manages to survive and thrive.

Well, there is the 32 points per game allowed by the defense down the stretch to make up for the poor OL......

Well at least he didn't throw a game sealing int to knock us out of the playoffs. :chuckle:

Well at least he didn't throw a game sealing int to knock us out of the playoffs. :chuckle:

neither did Mark. after bringing his team back down 10 on the road(w/ 2 missed FGs) in the 4th qtr(has Ryan ever done this?) he threw an INT on his 50th pass attempt. D didn't have to allow Washington to score and had they won they would have missed playoffs anyway.

Back
Top Bottom