Quess who's leading the NFL in passing yards ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quess who's leading the NFL in passing yards ?

Love how people are saying its just pre-season, smh. Yeah but this is the time to get plays down, get timing down, get use to playing again. Those are pretty good stats for just preseason. Let's just hope he continues this into the season.

Now if Henne did bad in the preseason, we would have a bunch of threads like "HENNE SUCKS, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE". I guess you just can't please the Henne Haters. Scratch that, I guess you can't please fans that expect the QB to throw 5 TD no Ints, no fumbles, 400 yards, score 50+ points and have the opposing team score 0 points.

Trust me, they'll still say "it's only pre-season", "teams have vanilla defenses while the phins are gameplanning", etc. Just do what I do, start reading the post and when it sounds like one of these, you skip to the next one. You guys actually give people like this a reason to keep posting. Why? Because you give them a reaction.

I view these kinds of fans the way I view most women, you can't please em.

If we can't run the ball in the regular season:

a) it will be a clear indictment of Sparano

b) it will obscure any real judgement of Henne's talent to some degree. now if Henne ranks in the top half of the league despite a ****ty running game, I will have to give him his props

Sanchez led the league last year with 15 dropped Int's. His production is unworthy of the spot he was picked. It's comical that Jets fans continually assess the 5th pick to the 55th pick and in doing so, only solidify just how bad of a pick he was. As the 5th pick, Sanchez wipes Matthew Stafford's *** with his tongue. Funny you never hear a Jets fan compare Sanchez to Stafford.

Sanchez led the league last year with 15 dropped Int's. His production is unworthy of the spot he was picked.
15 dropped INT's? What exactly is a dropped INT? Can you show me that stat on NFL.com because I'm sure it doesn't exist? Funny thing about a "dropped INT", is that it wasn't actually an INT. Every QB has "dropped INT's", dropped passes, and INT's that weren't there fault.

They don't keep track of things that could have been, only what actually happened - and for good reason. You keep worrying about what someone(I don't know who) thinks should have happened. I'll worry about what did happen.
It's comical that Jets fans continually assess the 5th pick to the 55th pick and in doing so, only solidify just how bad of a pick he was. As the 5th pick, Sanchez wipes Matthew Stafford's *** with his tongue. Funny you never hear a Jets fan compare Sanchez to Stafford.
First of all, please review the thread and recognize who was the one to start comparing Henne to Sanchez. Here's a hint, it wasn't a Jets fan. Second, of course people will compare Henne to Sanchez, they both came into the league around the same time and are in the same division. It's what fans do. Third, it's difficult to compare a guy who is always injured to a guy who plays most every game. If Stafford can stay healthy he should be a stud.

Again, if you don't want to look beyond career numbers in a vacuum, you are missing a big part of the story. You can say Sanchez wasn't worth the 5th overall pick, but he's already tied for most road playoff wins in NFL history for any QB and he's only in his second year. He made tremendous improvement from year one to year two. Let's see what he does from year two to year three. Year three is supposed to be the year QB's "get it". Unfortunately for Henne, his third year was pretty much the same as his 2nd year, so it appears his development has been stunted. Maybe the great Brian Daboll can rejuvenate his career. I mean look, he's already leading the preseason stats with a passer rating almost as good as Sanchez' career post season passer rating!

3-1.

Which would make Sanchez record against the phins...

1-3.

Yet they're still here running their mouth about Henne, them some dumb mf'ers.
We care about the entire NFL and competing for a championship. Judging by this post, you and some other Fins fans only care about games against the Jets.

And please show me where I'm "running my mouth". I'm sorry if facts and reasoned arguments bother you. If that's the case you should probably put me on ignore.

Blind optimism is apropriate for the first game of a new season.

We get our azzes kicked and that changes quickly.

15 dropped INT's? What exactly is a dropped INT? Can you show me that stat on NFL.com because I'm sure it doesn't exist? Funny thing about a "dropped INT", is that it wasn't actually an INT. Every QB has "dropped INT's", dropped passes, and INT's that weren't there fault.

They don't keep track of things that could have been, only what actually happened - and for good reason. You keep worrying about what someone(I don't know who) thinks should have happened. I'll worry about what did happen.

First of all, please review the thread and recognize who was the one to start comparing Henne to Sanchez. Here's a hint, it wasn't a Jets fan. Second, of course people will compare Henne to Sanchez, they both came into the league around the same time and are in the same division. It's what fans do. Third, it's difficult to compare a guy who is always injured to a guy who plays most every game. If Stafford can stay healthy he should be a stud.

Again, if you don't want to look beyond career numbers in a vacuum, you are missing a big part of the story. You can say Sanchez wasn't worth the 5th overall pick, but he's already tied for most road playoff wins in NFL history for any QB and he's only in his second year. He made tremendous improvement from year one to year two. Let's see what he does from year two to year three. Year three is supposed to be the year QB's "get it". Unfortunately for Henne, his third year was pretty much the same as his 2nd year, so it appears his development has been stunted. Maybe the great Brian Daboll can rejuvenate his career. I mean look, he's already leading the preseason stats with a passer rating almost as good as Sanchez' career post season passer rating!

We care about the entire NFL and competing for a championship. Judging by this post, you and some other Fins fans only care about games against the Jets.

And please show me where I'm "running my mouth". I'm sorry if facts and reasoned arguments bother you. If that's the case you should probably put me on ignore.

The Jets did a phenominal job surrounding Sanchez with talent while the Dolphins have botched personnel decisions for more then a decade. ill be the first to recognize Sanchez has played well in crunch time but the point is that if you remove Sanchez from that lineup and put him with a middle of the pack team, his performance is not overly impressive.

Its foolish to think that only what actually happens is taken in to account performance wise.

Sancheez will be holding Henne's jock this year.

Put Sancheez in Hennings offense and he probably gets cut in preseason.

Anyone have that photo shop pic of Henne kicking Sancheez in the balls?

sanchez just threw another slant. giants covered it though. i think teams are figuring that out. Danny Devito pushed around a little.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Chase Daniel.... :D

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

I fully understand giving Henne props and I'm fully behind him.... but I think this thread was a little premature with not all teams having finished the week yet (ie prior to the Saints game last night, or the game tonight).

Back
Top Bottom