Raekwon Davis?? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

Raekwon named pff rookie of the week and made their Team of the Week:

ROOKIE OF THE WEEK​

DI Raekwon Davis, Miami Dolphins​

Davis didn’t have any pass-rush production at all against the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday, but he was a constant force against the run. The 2020 56th overall pick recorded the highest run-defense grade of any interior defensive lineman at 90.8. Davis finished the day with three defensive stops against the run and caused disruption for the ball-carrier a multitude of times outside of those stops. Most of which came at nose tackle — a position he didn’t play much to start the year but has been thrown into in recent weeks.

Considering Davis entered this contest carrying a season run-defense grade of 47.1, this was a promising performance for the rookie. The Chargers’ interior offensive line is perhaps the worst in the NFL, but at least Davis has now shown he can produce at a high level against poor units like L.A.’s after struggling to start his NFL career.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-10-pff-team-of-the-week-key-takeaways-player-awards-and-more

I think a lot of Davis's detractors are just unhappy because he isn't a sack guy.

...and that's okay; they can want him to be something he isn't... so long as he is good at what he actually is... a guy who eats double teams and stops the run. He's been quite good at that.

Yesterday, both Strowbridge and Benito got about a dozen snaps and each collected a TFL. They could do this, because better players (like Davis) carried most of the weight, and while it wasn't pleasant to see Ballage running fairly well, in the long run... that was more about persistence than talent. (3.75 yards/carry).

I think a lot of Davis's detractors are just unhappy because he isn't a sack guy.

...and that's okay; they can want him to be something he isn't... so long as he is good at what he actually is... a guy who eats double teams and stops the run. He's been quite good at that.

Yesterday, both Strowbridge and Benito got about a dozen snaps and each collected a TFL. They could do this, because better players (like Davis) carried most of the weight, and while it wasn't pleasant to see Ballage running fairly well, in the long run... that was more about persistence than talent. (3.75 yards/carry).
And he was from bama

I hope Iggy works out eventually too. I'd hate to have wasted that pick.

I hope Iggy works out eventually too. I'd hate to have wasted that pick.

I've been watching him since high school and I think he's going to be fine. He's just now where a kid like Sam Shields was in terms of development switching from WR to CB. Shields didn't earn a starting job until his 3rd year in the league.

DB is a tough transition from college to NFL for kids that have played DB their entire life - much less a kid that has only been doing it for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom