Raekwon Davis?? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis??

Sure would be nice if he would finish on something. Stack the guy but looks like he’s blown a tire trying to finish if he has to move more than 3 feet to either side.

no range

Sure would be nice if he would finish on something. Stack the guy but looks like he’s blown a tire trying to finish if he has to move more than 3 feet to either side.

no range
Shows his SPARQ score...lack of range explained by really bad shuttle and 3-cone, really only elite size and good strength/explosion for the size. Seems like it will be hard to overcome, I'm a bit puzzled by selecting a space-eater in the 2nd given that these #'s almost put a hard ceiling on how good he can become. Analytics don't account for everything but in this case seems hard to dismiss

Last edited:
Shows his SPARQ score...lack of range explained by really bad shuttle and poor 40-yard dash, really only elite size and above average strength for the position. Seems like it will be hard to overcome, I'm a bit puzzled a selecting a space-eater in the 2nd given that these #'s almost put a hard ceiling on how good he can become

he’s just gonna have to dominate in a 3 foot box cause like I said he can’t get to anything and he doesn’t look like he has the physical gifts to change that.

he’s just gonna have to dominate in a 3 foot box cause like I said he can’t get to anything and he doesn’t look like he has the physical gifts to change that.
In passing game, I guess having a guy get straight-line push up the middle is still valuable...reduces escape angles, creates chaos in the pocket + allows other guys to clean up. Remember the days of Robert quinn getting like 50 pressures but 3 sacks on pure outside speed rushes? That's what you can avoid if you pair multiple types of pressure together (original observation by the great CKParrot). A pocket-collapser, combined with the clever blitz disguises/quick-twitch personnel we have now is formidable. If he dominates to the fullest in this way + limited-range run game, I take it back, maybe worth a 2nd

Last edited:

Did that with 0 pressures.
His run defense and hand usage was very nice in the game
He looked gassed in the 4th but he is taking on doubles and shedding the center with quick moves now..
Hoops is right on the lateral ability but his game keeps growing so I would not rule it out

Gassed in the 4th?

This is why you need 2-3 good backups even for a dominant D-Line. You've got to have depth guys to rotate into the game.

I thought Davis looked more comfortable on the left side of center, which is opposite of where he normally plays. He seemed slightly more aware on that side and sliding to his right instead of left caused him to keep his head up, for whatever reason.

Not a drastic difference but it was evident early. Maybe he should switch sides with Wilkins when both are on the field. I don't see anything in Wilkins' game that would make him less effective on the right side.

Davis is anything but a playmaker. The backs mostly ran into him on Sunday. I'll continue to assert he needs to charge and disrupt straight ahead instead of angled sideways. By far the most pivotal play of the Chargers game from a defensive tackle perspective was 4th and goal at the 1 when the Dolphins led 14-0. Stop that play and the Chargers are demoralized. It probably never becomes a tight game at all. I expected Raekwon Davis to play over center and do everything in his power to shove the center backwards. Instead for some inane reason we had the tackles split and nobody over center. That aspect was bad enough without ignoring what Raekwon Davis did on the play. He took a tulip step to his left and never got low at all. In fact, he stood up throughout the play, never coming close to threatening the ground. Davis might as well not have been on the field at all. Herbert crashed into the end zone as if we wanted it to happen. Check the replay and you'll see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom