Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
I just rewatched the game & his coverage skills are very concerning at covering RB's & TE's he is slow to react & doesn't have that closing speed. I wonder if he is still not 100% back from the ACL injury. I am concerned about him being put in a matchup with Jared Cook next week.

Kiko was the best linebacker today & I saw Baker make a couple of good plays also.

He was roasted on the Powell TD. I didn’t think he was supposed to be a good coverage backer coming out of college, no? Remember, he’s basically a rookie so hopefully he keeps getting better.

He looks like a very stiff 2 down jag. Don’t see any real high level read and diagnose or athleticism. Still early in his career, but it’s usually you either have it or you don’t with LB’ers

dare we put kiko back at middle, move RM to slb and baker to wlb. or is that too much shuffling

dare we put kiko back at middle, move RM to slb and baker to wlb. or is that too much shuffling
the latter. Let him be good at one position first before moving him around.

I know it's hard to deal with but he is essentially a rookie being thrown into leading our defense while recovering from past injuries s

Did he really look that bad?
i thought he had a normal/decent game

i thought when we drafted him he was saying one of his strong points were covrage....i dont know if theat rookie injury slowed him down but he cant cover, hes a great tackler for run defense......hes not gonna last as a starter witht he way this nfl is going with explosive RB, TE and Slot WR....maybe we could try him at olb

lets try baker at middle its worth a shot, but at the same time nick vigil is 5th in tackling and had a decent year fro the bengals last year, he was with us and we released him, i guess it takes time for a mlb to fully get comfy and play the position well at run stopping and def covrage

Last edited:
Coverage skills were a weakness coming out of Ohio State. As for Kiko, his issue was trying to do to much because of how weak the LB corps was. He now has confidence in his defensive partners and is playing like he played his rookie season in Buffalo.

I must admit I was a little disappointed with McMillan had high hopes for him. His coverage does not look good but I still think he will grow into things as stated its really his rookie season but for me the most concerning thing would be I don't see him as the leader we have been told he is. (again I could be wrong on this)

lets try baker at middle its worth a shot, but at the same time nick vigil is 5th in tackling and had a decent year fro the bengals last year, he was with us and we released him, i guess it takes time for a mlb to fully get comfy and play the position well at run stopping and def covrage

We released Zach Vigil, Nick’s brother.

Back
Top Bottom