Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning

Yes I've posted his scouting report stated he is weak in coverage was projected as a 2 down SAM at the NFL level. I've read at least 3 scouting reports that were pretty consistent with this. He's possibly been over projected on here but the word is he's a smart hard working kid and we should give him a shot to develop. Time will tell.

he not only looks bad in coverage he looks sloooooow to react and can't make the angles work at his speed

we need another LB in the draft.

Outside of the Powell touchdown he played fine. Made a couple tackles at the LOS and was always in the right spot.

He’s a hard working kid whose only 21. To think this is his best you’re fooling yourself.

Correct. His detractors will not give him any credit for the Jet’s paltry 2.2 ypc
They will focus on the one play where Powell beat him for a TD. A play that only a handful of MLBs could have made.
Very few MLBs can cover a good RB running back downfield.
It appears some have already written his career epitaph

Correct. His detractors will not give him any credit for the Jet’s paltry 2.2 ypc
They will focus on the one play where Powell beat him for a TD. A play that only a handful of MLBs could have made.
Very few MLBs can cover a good RB running back downfield.
It appears some have already written his career epitaph
I honesty can’t tbink of an active MLB that could’ve stopped that TD. Powell exploded up field.

Maybe Foster? Luke probably could. That’s all I got.

Outside of the Powell touchdown he played fine. Made a couple tackles at the LOS and was always in the right spot.

He’s a hard working kid whose only 21. To think this is his best you’re fooling yourself.

HE also played zero football last season. It is one thing to come in as a rookie and try to learn an NFL defense, but to do it without playing any football the year before is extremely difficult. The one thing that should make people feel better about him is he has looked better every week. His play and his intelligence has also elevated the play of Kiko who has been outstanding.

Yeah I don't think folks realize how difficult LB is in this day. Strong enough to take on lineman, fast and quick enough to cover shifty RB's. Not many can do both really well. Getting an LB in coverage is a mismatch virtually across the league. There is a reason we lie in nickel.

HE also played zero football last season. It is one thing to come in as a rookie and try to learn an NFL defense, but to do it without playing any football the year before is extremely difficult. The one thing that should make people feel better about him is he has looked better every week. His play and his intelligence has also elevated the play of Kiko who has been outstanding.

Exactly. He’s a big reason Kiko can be Kiko.

Hopeful he gets better.

If you compare him to Jamal Adams-( who gets ton of praise from the press) and how he lost Gore on that 3rd and 19 to end the game, you understand that every player has
those miscues from time to time. Agreed with most posts. He plays a tad stiff, but is young, playing in his 2nd nfl game......

lets try baker at middle its worth a shot, but at the same time nick vigil is 5th in tackling and had a decent year fro the bengals last year, he was with us and we released him, i guess it takes time for a mlb to fully get comfy and play the position well at run stopping and def covrage
We had Zach Vigil, Nick Vigil is a 3rd round pick who has been with the Bengals his whole career.

He's getting better, has done an excellent job with the calls, and his teammates have his back. It's basically his rookie year, he'll get better. The defense is strong enough (for now) to cover up his weaknesses some.

Range and cover are not good enough but we don’t have any other options. So pray for health

New England’s gonna try to expose this. You can set your watch to it. Try to get him iso’d in space or cover.

Baker is too late to read things but that’s expected right now.

Back
Top Bottom