Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning

I like the kid but he wasn't the fastest coming out, and then the injury….

If I am an opposing team…I am throwing to my RB's all game against McMillan and Kiko…and hope that the Fins don't start covering the backs with Minkah.

I couldn’t care less about his lack of coverage skills. He’s in there to stuff the run- they can get him out on 3rd down.

We gotta wait and see how he looks the 2nd half of the season once he settles in to the NFL game. He was never expected to be a pass defender, but its hard to complain too much when we held the jets under 50 yards in the run game. That is really what they drafted him for. Whether or not he should be on the field in passing situations is the real question.

Although he is recovered from his injury, I really don't think most guys get "that feel" back for 18 months. Lets see how he plays in the 2nd half of the season. If he is still getting abused later in the year then we might have a problem.

He is not a good linebacker...hope we draft Devin White next year and a guard center.

I'm not disappointed by his coverage skills because I had no expectations. He was poor in coverage at Ohio State. I'm disappointed in his lack of ability to read the field. I thought he would QB the defense so to speak.

He's essentially a rookie though, and I do think he played better this week. Let's revisit this discussion around mid-late season and see if there's any progression. Im optimistic because he's got great work ethic and a positive attitude.

So you’re ready to give up on a 22 year old “rookie” coming off of invasive knee reconstruction in which we are 2-0 in games he’s started?

Makes sense.
Yes, I never liked the draft pick ...too slow, not a playmaker,just a guy. So we are 2-0 because of Raekwon McMillian?.....come on now. My eyes do not deceive me I saw a slow LB in college who never flashed any big play ability had lots of help from a talented defense. Go back and read the scouting reports. He will get a little better but he will never be what he has been hyped up to be on here. His lower body is just to big which doesn’t allow him to move well.

Yes, I never liked the draft pick ...too slow, not a playmaker,just a guy. So we are 2-0 because of Raekwon McMillian?.....come on now. My eyes do not deceive me I saw a slow LB in college who never flashed any big play ability had lots of help from a talented defense. Go back and read the scouting reports. He will get a little better but he will never be what he has been hyped up to be on here. His lower body is just to big which doesn’t allow him to move well.
You lack perspective and patience.

Finheaven poster:

We need to draft and develop talent.

He's not good in his 2nd start, replace him.

Which is it?
Oh you forgot... “let’s develope sure fire hall of fame players by their second start. Cut them if they aren't

I think asking Kiko to captain the defense is asking too much. He has already played in the middle and he was not good. He is much more comfortable at SLB. Keep him there.

Kiko coming off his best game ever needs to stay put.

Back
Top Bottom