Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning

MacMillan's solid enough to allow Alonso to play at a high level. Only thing I'd change is to not have him cover RBs or TEs and let Baker take those snaps instead.

I don't believe Raekwon lacks the athleticism. He looks a little hesitant to me, is all. He's reacting slower than he needs to, which from my pov is pretty understandable, given his experience.

In the meantime he's playing what's in front of him very well.

Too early to draw judgement.

People want the kid to come out looking like Zack Thomas as a rookie. I know having Minkah Fitzpatrick contributing at such a high level may blur your perspective but this kid has played 2 games. Does he need to vastly improve? Yes but give him a chance to develop. Jeez.

He's playing too aggressively. That angle route was a perfect example. But you can go back to the Ian Thomas touchdown, or a lot of his work on run plays.

(Miami Defensive Coach) even said exactly that to us during an off the record gaggle a little while back. He's playing too aggressive and getting himself out of position.

I'm willing to give the kid time to learn and adjust to the NFL level since this is his "rookie" season....but it is very concerning that he was a 4 year starter in college and had the rap of not being good in coverage on his profile. If he couldn't cover well in college it's probably not going to be easier or probable he'll get better in the pros.

His agility/change of direction was also considered below avg. coming out of college and that's only going to become amplified at NFL speed.

Back
Top Bottom