Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Mcmillan Coverage Skills Are Concerning

I think it's a fair concern. No need to go blind with rose colored glasses on. He needs a chance to get healthy and get experience, but it's absurd to say this isn't fair to wonder about this. I have said it before but he should sit shotgun with Minkah studying film late. It's not out of the question that he's closer to a two down thumper than anything else.

You lack perspective and patience.
I was scratching my head as to why we passed up Zach Cunningham and took McMillian, who even the Dolphins said had a 3rd round grade on him but liked the leadership qualities.

The man is 2 games into his NFL career and there's already a lynch mob with the pitchforks and torches?

Wow..also I just thought about IIRC reading an article this past offseason about how he packed on 10 extra lbs. of muscle. The man ran a 4.61 pre-ACL injury. If that's considered slow then I'm a turtle running the 40 yard dash.

Give him time he's adjusting to the speed of the NFL.

I was scratching my head as to why we passed up Zach Cunningham and took McMillian, who even the Dolphins said had a 3rd round grade on him but liked the leadership qualities.
Oh, you mean the guy who can’t cover to save his life...

Let's be honest, he hasn't played that well yet. Not time to panic, but definitely something to watch as the season progresses.

Let's be honest, he hasn't played that well yet. Not time to panic, but definitely something to watch as the season progresses.

He's one of those players that going to need to study very hard to make up for his lack of athletic abilities.

Let's face it, the guy looks extremely slow and sluggish.

I've always believed an MLB has to be able to move a little bit. Even Zack Thomas for all his lack of athletic abilities could run sideline to sideline.

RM looks like he has even less athletic tools to work with than Zack Thomas.

If our weakest postituon on defense is a intelligent limited lb coming off a season ending injury then sign me up. We’ve seen a lot worse

If our weakest postituon on defense is a intelligent limited lb coming off a season ending injury then sign me up. We’ve seen a lot worse

Through TC, Preseason, and 2 games so far the guy has shown ZERO!

Beyond coming off an injury that's telling me we're liking going to be upgrading that position sooner rather than later.

Oh, you mean the guy who can’t cover to save his life...

Z Cunningham had a nice first season. what do you think would happen if McMillian covered Gronk? I hope the guy pans out I really do..just don’t see it happening. I’m not the only one that feels that way about him either.

The man is 2 games into his NFL career and there's already a lynch mob with the pitchforks and torches?

dude its not a mental thing where hes trying to figure **** out and have the game slow down. physically its just not there right now. hes a step slow and i dont know if its the knee or what.

Guys he is going to be ok. He has a 28 wonderlic. ran 4.61 benched 225 23 times . His combine was very close to Luke Kuechly who ran a 4.58 benched 225 27 times with only Luke's vertical 38 to 33 being much better. and he was 20 and luke was 21. Now we know luke is great but you have to give him some time.

Per PFF, Alonso has allowed just 50 percent of the targets thrown his way to be caught through two games this season; that number was 84.6 percent in 2017. He allowed three of six targets to be caught for 36 yards Sunday.

But linebacker Raekwon McMillan allowed all three passes thrown against him to be caught, for 57 yards and a touchdown, and has now allowed 8 of 9 passes in his coverage area to be caught for 107 yards through two games.

Twitter: @flasportsbuzz

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article218604690.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom